General Football thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

General Football thread

No, it looks like you have not thought it through; here are Blackburn's final 5 opponents:

Derby
Wednesday
Huddersfield
Rotherham
Birmingham.

All of the teams in those games are below us, which means dropped points all round; there is only one of those teams with anything like a realistic chance of finishing above us, and that is Birmingham, and that will not happen.
I agree the odds are firmly stacked in our favour.However if we did,for example,have a meltdown and lost all our remaining games then it would be credible that the 3rd bottom team could be on 46 points with 1 game remaining and our goal difference would have been affected by 5 losses.This would put us in a similar scenario to last season , when we bottled it.The way we are currently playing I would expect us to to pick up at least 6 more points and am confident our form will prevent this unlikely scenario.

games

I agree the odds are firmly stacked in our favour.However if we did,for example,have a meltdown and lost all our remaining games then it would be credible that the 3rd bottom team could be on 46 points with 1 game remaining and our goal difference would have been affected by 5 losses.This would put us in a similar scenario to last season , when we bottled it.The way we are currently playing I would expect us to to pick up at least 6 more points and am confident our form will prevent this unlikely scenario.

games

You are nearly there Ingy.

The big mistake some people are making is looking at the number of games our opponents have remaining, assuming they will win all of the games, and then totalling up the points.

If that was a mere calculation involving two or three Clubs, fair enough; but it is not; it is a calculation involving ten Clubs, most of whom have to play each other.

The example I gave was Blackburn due to the fact that they are below us and all of their games are against other teams below us; if Blackburn win all of those games, the other teams drop points - that appears to be a fact that some cannot get their heads around.

There are a total of 63 games remaining to complete the Championship programme of games; 38 of those games involve the bottom 10.

To give you an indication of how things MAY pan out, I have apportioned points to those games mainly along the lines of current form - the final table would look something like this for the bottom 10:

Forest 56 - this includes us winning 1 of our last 5 games
Blackburn 53
Preston 51
Birmingham 50
Coventry 49
Rotherham 48
Derby 46
Huddersfield 46
Wednesday 44
Wycombe 37

Of course, some of those games will not go to script; nevertheless, the number of points on offer remain the same.

I have rerun the scenario to include the possibility of us losing our last 5 games, which will not happen, and we still appear to be safe.

Preston 54
Blackburn 53
Birmingham 53
Forest 49
Coventry 49
Huddersfield 49
Rotherham 48
Wednesday 47
Derby 46
Wycombe 37

Its time to relax and let the others do the worrying.

If you are not the relaxing type, could I suggest these:

https://www.alwaysdiscreet.co.uk/en...s/always-discreet-boutique-incontinence-pants

They appear to be quite popular with people of a certain age, if the advertisements which appear on television every ten fucking minutes are anything to go by.

I have rerun the scenario to include the possibility of us losing our last 5 games, which will not happen, and we still appear to be safe.

Preston 54
Blackburn 53
Birmingham 53
Forest 49
Coventry 49
Huddersfield 49
Rotherham 48
Wednesday 47
Derby 46
Wycombe 37

https://www.alwaysdiscreet.co.uk/en...s/always-discreet-boutique-incontinence-pants

They appear to be quite popular with people of a certain age, if the advertisements which appear on television every ten fucking minutes are anything to go by.

What do you suggest for those who are totally calm yet slightly nervous about the whole situation?

I was going to post this:
1_IMG_4621JPG.jpg
But I think I like yours better.

Its never to soon to point out that there are only.....

56 days until the transfer window opens

71 days until the fixtures are released and

115 days until next season kicks off - that is assuming there is no Friday night game.

Preston 54
Blackburn 53
Birmingham 53
Forest 49
Coventry 49
Huddersfield 49
Rotherham 48
Wednesday 47
Derby 46
Wycombe 37

Funnily enough, i prefer this senario

So if the sheep lose on Friday night Rovrum have 3 games in hand with only being 4 points behind the sheep with a +4 better goal difference.

I’d be calm but absolutely shitting myself if I was a sheep fan if they lose on Friday.

We’re all Blackburn aren’t we!!!!

Added bonus is it ruins the owd granny shaggers managerial career before it’s even started as well.

Its never to soon to point out that there are only.....

56 days until the transfer window opens

71 days until the fixtures are released and

115 days until next season kicks off - that is assuming there is no Friday night game.
Except that if you did it too soon the numbers would be different...

Things get worse for Wednesday.

8 points adrift with only 15 to play for.

Now their manager will miss at least two of those games. Darren Moore has Pneumonia and blood clots on the lungs as a complication of COVID. He is alright (as those conditions go) but it's hard on him and them. Always seems a decent bloke so I hope he gets well soon

With a best possible finish of 50 points, it's hard to see Wednesday as anything other than doomed. They'll do well not to be relegated by the time we play them

Things get worse for Wednesday.

8 points adrift with only 15 to play for.

Now their manager will miss at least two of those games. Darren Moore has Pneumonia and blood clots on the lungs as a complication of COVID. He is alright (as those conditions go) but it's hard on him and them. Always seems a decent bloke so I hope he gets well soon

With a best possible finish of 50 points, it's hard to see Wednesday as anything other than doomed. They'll do well not to be relegated by the time we play them

Be nice if some of us could attend to sing them on their way