20/21 Match thread - Everton FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 9 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Everton FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I saw last night , a team that had absolutely no aspiration to win , who couldn’t even be bothered to make the runs , that had no one in place to make a pass ,, no one to take a one two , no one to go down the outside and put in a cross . , which is weird because we scored our two goals from crosses !
only because they had better Micky Mouse defending than we did . Why is it that when an opposition sub comes on , we have no way of dealing with it .
Happened last week , we did not have a clue how do deal with Greenwood , last night it was the full back they brought on .
Pathetic !

I get we only receive one point for Kane scoring on the predictor thread. But when he scores more than one, I think we should get 2 points for each extra goal.

I think Walt should go back over each game and change the award of points for Kane goals, he needs something to do now we are only playing one match per week.

Well what more can be said of that debarcle last night, all the post's have covered it, ok still gonna give my two penneth for what it is worth....

They look to me to be a "demoralized" side, I think that covers just about everything.
The passing last night probably the worst I have witnessed this season.
Iceman included with above, how many bloody times did he give it away.
I read a description of N'Dombele...."A tornado" going round n round in circles, playing for himself and not the team.

Can it get worse? this season I think it can!

Scum of the South up next, it might just be a pre-curser embarrassment to Sunday's big game.

How long till the season is over, the pain of being a Spurs fan is really getting me down.

Moaninasaurus OUT! get the fuck out of my club.

I get we only receive one point for Kane scoring on the predictor thread. But when he scores more than one, I think we should get 2 points for each extra goal.

I think Walt should go back over each game and change the award of points for Kane goals, he needs something to do now we are only playing one match per week.
Haha poor old Walt, stop picking on him, he probably has a hangover or a backlash of mixing Booze wiv his 2nd Jab lol!

What has happened to Sonny and Reg. Sonny seems to be regressing . He is not even a 4 out of 10 most matches. As for Reg he looks a shell of the player who has no confidence and is playing angry. I thought Jose would destroy us but I didn't think he would be this bad. He is playing the players in the wrong systems and also hand cuffing them at the same time.
I know I am in the minority but again for me Hojberg was very poor. It seemed to me that Allan ,James and Gylfi had the freedom of the park to just play through us

What has happened to Sonny and Reg. Sonny seems to be regressing . He is not even a 4 out of 10 most matches. As for Reg he looks a shell of the player who has no confidence and is playing angry. I thought Jose would destroy us but I didn't think he would be this bad. He is playing the players in the wrong systems and also hand cuffing them at the same time.
I know I am in the minority but again for me Hojberg was very poor. It seemed to me that Allan ,James and Gylfi had the freedom of the park to just play through us

PEH is a mid-table player. And because his role is so critical we are now a mid-table team,

Call it regression, lack of confidence but imo, we have become a disorganised side. This is a coaching issue, full stop. Further, it is also due to constant tinkering with personnel and tactics. Poch got slated for flogging same players to death, whereas Jose continues to change hoping to get a tune out of an outfit of strangers. WTF is Sissoko all about. The guy should be no where near the Lane. Despite having a defensive setup we conceded one well carved out goal and another through a panic defensive error. In the mean time ND the sole water carrier while a very able collections of AM's sit on the bench having a chuckle.

Hope levy enjoyed the trip back from up norf.

Jose out!

Fundamentally we have a coach who instructs the players to be cautious and keep possession (much like Poch latterly) so they go against a footballers natural instinct to look forward, look for opportunities to get at the opposition and attack their goal...instead we are slow deliberate and easy to play against as the opposition has timne to set themselves up, on the odd occasion we venture forward.

Very rarely we catch a team on the break with Son and Kane but we cannot rely only on this factor to win. We need to be a front foot team. I am sure most supporters would take some defeats for the sake of enjoyable exciting football that we all crave for, deep down, even more than winning a trophy.

I want my beloved quality football team back please.

Even when we were at the top, earlier this season I did not, apart from one or two games, enjoy the experience/style of play.

It is depressing and we all know the script don't we!

Hojberg was dreadful, but Sissoko was worse.

Call it regression, lack of confidence but imo, we have become a disorganised side. This is a coaching issue, full stop. Further, it is also due to constant tinkering with personnel and tactics. Poch got slated for flogging same players to death, whereas Jose continues to change hoping to get a tune out of an outfit of strangers. WTF is Sissoko all about. The guy should be no where near the Lane. Despite having a defensive setup we conceded one well carved out goal and another through a panic defensive error. In the mean time ND the sole water carrier while a very able collections of AM's sit on the bench having a chuckle.

Hope levy enjoyed the trip back from up norf.

Jose out!

Tactically, we were sadly once again a shambles. It is depressing to watch and so predictable.

Kane in two moments of joy saved us again. No wonder he is desperate to leave.

Extraordinary that for a Club with Bale, Dele and Lo Celso on our books, the manager thinks that we should play game after game without an AM. From the moment that the team was announced last night it was obvious that far too much would be expected of Ndombele, and that James Rodriguez and Gylfi Sigurdsson would dominate the midfield. That's exactly what happened.
Just as well we had Harry Kane and they had Richarlison. One point out of the last six at this stage of the season though just doesn't crack it. Under this manager we can only string together a sequence of results, when we have a run of games against mediocre opposition. As Ex often says, flat track bullies.

Everyone we play now will believe they can pick up points from us.

It's funny as Kane hasnt been all that good tonight but his finishes have been exquisite.

fewest touches he's had in a game for some time, also the shortest distance covered, mentally, I think he's just given up, but instinctively he knows how to put away half chances.

Dare I say it if ManU, Liverpool or Chelsea grab him, he'd make them champions next season.

Extraordinary that for a Club with Bale, Dele and Lo Celso on our books, the manager thinks that we should play game after game without an AM. From the moment that the team was announced last night it was obvious that far too much would be expected of Ndombele, and that James Rodriguez and Gylfi Sigurdsson would dominate the midfield. That's exactly what happened.
Just as well we had Harry Kane and they had Richarlison. One point out of the last six at this stage of the season though just doesn't crack it. Under this manager we can only string together a sequence of results, when we have a run of games against mediocre opposition. As Ex often says, flat track bullies.

I didn't like the MF but we still took the lead, came back after going down and had two very good chances via Toby hitting the post and Kane just missing. Son also had a good chance he maybe should have squared.
So its not like Jose's set up created nothing.

fewest touches he's had in a game for some time, also the shortest distance covered, mentally, I think he's just given up, but instinctively he knows how to put away half chances.

Dare I say it if ManU, Liverpool or Chelsea grab him, he'd make them champions next season.

I think Kane is too professional to give up mentally. He's not scoring out of instinct either, they were not easy chances, the technique needed to be spot on.

Kane has been pacing himself in games because he is expected all over the pitch. He gradually increases intensity, watch out for it.
He may leave us and I will be sad, but if its best for him and the clubs finances, I'll take it on the chin.

Kane has been pacing himself in games because he is expected all over the pitch. He gradually increases intensity, watch out for it.
This season I see it differently.

He starts the games with intensity then eases off for a long period and raises the tempo late on, especially if we are chasing the game along with all the late subs. I have commented often enough about his disappearance and jogging around from 20 mins onward. Son and NDombele (usually also Moura) who maintain higher intensity for longer. ND obviously ain't a 90 min player as a lone ranger in the middle of the park.