Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 326 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

To be fair, and the above is good news in my humble (!), there are 448million living in the EU (not UK) so I don't think your conclusion is quite right.

Nice try though :grinning:

Very glad that so many still feel welcome in this country though.
Yes quite right, maybe the maths not spot on, but the point I was trying to make is that we are not the nasty UK that some EU politicians would have you believe.

And by the same token, they are not the nasty/power grabbing EU that many UK politicians (and most of the UK media) would have you believe.
Yes, all of which demonstates that if the EU had heeded the calls for change by not just the UK, but a lot of groups across Europe we wouldnt be where we are.

Yes, and the Labour party got their wish for a radical left wing leader, Corbyn, and a devout anti EU politician, and that didnt turn out to good either.
Not really sure what that's got to do with anything, considering the decision to hold the referendum had nothing to do with the Labour party?

Not really sure what that's got to do with anything, considering the decision to hold the referendum had nothing to do with the Labour party?
Not sure what blue passports had to do with anything either.
Oh and the Labour Party agreed to respect the result, anyway, that was until they got the result.

In my opinion, Labour are as much to blame for the outcome as anyone. Not excusing the Tories, they were split between remain and leave, but I genuinely believe had a strong Labour leader pounded the streets from Coventry to Carlisle, the result could’ve swung the other way. It was Labour policy to remain, Corbyn was disgraceful in driving the policy with his lack of action. For me, it was one of his biggest failings.

In my opinion, Labour are as much to blame for the outcome as anyone. Not excusing the Tories, they were split between remain and leave, but I genuinely believe had a strong Labour leader pounded the streets from Coventry to Carlisle, the result could’ve swung the other way. It was Labour policy to remain, Corbyn was disgraceful in driving the policy with his lack of action. For me, it was one of his biggest failings.
When you're lead by a brexiteer then it's no surprise they offered no compelling opposition to Brexit. I wouldn't call it a failing of his because it's what he wanted.

When you're lead by a brexiteer then it's no surprise they offered no compelling opposition to Brexit. I wouldn't call it a failing of his because it's what he wanted.

I also put responsibility on Jo Swinson in this. Her refusal to allow J.C which would have been temporary to be a hung parliament P.M, after the Tories were bought down with a vote of no confidence with limited powers, paved the way to Brexit

As much as I didn't want to leave I was happy to fight for a 2nd referendum (as said should happen by Mogg, who unsurprisingly didn't want it once he got what he wanted )

J.C would have done the 2nd referendum we all screamed for as many factors weren't known or realised at the first referendum by remainers and leavers alike.

The more I found out as a remainer how much we were going to suffer with the fight to remain the more horrified I became. I learnt more about the E.U in the last 5 years than I ever wanted too

I didn't want JC as full P.M! Within a hung parliament it was a means to an end. Even Clarke and other remainer, Tories stated they would back him as JC would be controlled.

No Swinson in her arrogance wouldn't have it. The only justice that election night was she lost her seat

Agree on his personal agenda, I’m pretty sure without checking that he backed the Labour policy which was to stay and in my opinion failed massively. It was only what, 700k votes in terms of swing that was the difference? It wasn’t huge, not saying he could’ve overturned it knowing his appeal with a working class Labour voter, but he could’ve tried.

For how much longer are the countries of the EU going to stand by and watch this aweful, third rate politician, Leyen, who nobody but the Commisioners wanted in the first place, continue with this shit show that makes bullies look like decent people.

No Swinson in her arrogance wouldn't have it. The only justice that election night was she lost her seat

she was so immature in her bolshy approach. The Bollox To Brexit thing, as our representatives in Parliament, was astonishingly poor. Fine if 'we' were saying it, but not elected officials as part of a campaign.

For how much longer are the countries of the EU going to stand by and watch this aweful, third rate politician, Leyen, who nobody but the Commisioners wanted in the first place, continue with this shit show that makes bullies look like decent people.

Did you have a preferred candidate in the election?

Much like plenty of Brits and their support of Bojo, I rifled her twatter feed yesterday and she has masses of EU support (granted there was more opposition I think). The number who don't get AZ/UK aren't obliged to export to them because their vaccines should come from the EU delayed Belgium plant astounded me.