Our Chris,who thinks he won't be here at BDBL next season | Page 14 | Vital Football

Our Chris,who thinks he won't be here at BDBL next season

Sad that its ended like this and good to hear hes going to take a rest for a while putting to bed the stupid rumours about Celtic.

Provided some great moments over the last four years not least on September 24 2017. He got us back to the promised land but fell at the final hurdle. No disgrace in that.

Third best manager in my time after Harris and Basset. We move on now and much will depend now on the next move by the owner. UTB.

My ITK info was correct, saying it was very likely our Chris wouldn't here next season. I'll say again i'm GUTTED.UTB
I think a few of us had that info Rod. What we didn’t expect was for him to jump ship with 10 games to go. It’ll be interesting to see if his new club employs a director of football.

Prince getting some real stick again on Twitter, the soft goons think it’s all down to him. I’m not so sure. It‘ll be a real joke if he ends up at a club who have a director of football when everybody thinks the Prince wanting one is why he left wouldn’t it?

Anti Prince/Saudi brigade crawling out of the woodwork tonight. They were silent all last year. I'm not in any camp there are faults on both sides. As you say its unlikely CW will not have to endure a DOF should he get another top job.

You have to feel for CW.

As Blades fans we can still experience the high's of any success, should it come along. It will be our club that achieves that success, that plays to our emotions.

For Chris his career high's will never be so high again. Yes he might well exceed the league position or win a cup with another club so he could well have new , professional satisfactory highs.
What he will never have again is the visceral, gut wrenching, heartfelt sheer elation of achieving that with his club as that club's leader.

Basically , whatever he achieves from now on- and all good luck to him-will not be as leader of his boyhood love.

Anti Prince/Saudi brigade crawling out of the woodwork tonight. They were silent all last year. I'm not in any camp there are faults on both sides. As you say its unlikely CW will not have to endure a DOF should he get another top job.
They’re idiots LST, not a brain cell between them. We’ll be in a right mess if HRH does a Chancer.

Last edited:
Ex Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes has become a shock contender to replace Our Chris at BDBL.It must be r8 it's in the Sun apparently.Eddie Howe,Frank Lampard and Slaven Bilic are others thought to be in contention.Are you ready to be known as Frank Lampard's BLADES? UTMPB

Last edited:
Ex Aberdeen boss Derek McInne has become a shock contender to replace Our Chris at BDBL.It must be r8 it's in the Sun apparently.Eddie Howe,Frank Lampard and Slaven Bilic are others thought to be in contention.Are you ready to be known as Frank Lampard's BLADES? UTMPB

Out of that little group, Bilic. But I doubt if its one of that group anyway...

Who do you think may get the job then Pops? UTB

No idea Rod. I have a feeling it might be someone that Rip Van Winkle knows. RvW I expect to come in as Director of Football. Maybe some smart young manager from Germany or Sweden. Someone a bit like David Wagner perhaps. It wont be Wagner, just someone with a similar profile I reckon.

No idea Rod. I have a feeling it might be someone that Rip Van Winkle knows. RvW I expect to come in as Director of Football. Maybe some smart young manager from Germany or Sweden. Someone a bit like David Wagner perhaps. It wont be Wagner, just someone with a similar profile I reckon.
Be interestin to see how near or far you are away Pops.UTMPB

The much trumpeted dispute over a DoF and the subsequent fallout seems not to be a thing at all.

No plans for a different structure when the new manager comes in.
Bettis the conduit to the board, no micro managing and no DoF. Only discussion with the new manager will be establishing of budgets in the summer.

What was the fuss all about then??????????

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/spor...MH80g7qzhWHhCHqbrvcdBbqG_mqj7fthOHYFtWdMu8tTU

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what this journalist says. A few weeks ago he was saying the the Club was wanting to impose a DOF model.

He was pushing the CW agenda so I doubt any senior sources at the Club are feeding him information.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what this journalist says. A few weeks ago he was saying the the Club was wanting to impose a DOF model.

He was pushing the CW agenda so I doubt any senior sources at the Club are feeding him information.
I think I posted that article too LST!

Clickbait then, or schizophrenic journo.
Generated lots of discussion on FB

I don't think I would have committed to the new training ground in the middle of a pandemic tbf. Barclay, Watkins, not enough wages? I think I'd want to know what we were offering and what they went for in the end. If it was £35k vs £80k or £100k, we shouldn't have been fishing in those pools. Less so if it was another £5k a week. Apart from that, and not having a source for the story, I'm going to have to call bullshit...

PS This Coubailly lad has scored 5 from 17 games playing in midfield. Looks like he could be a real prospect...

It's a feeding circle.
A journo publishes his/her their version, social media spreads it.
A different journo publishes another version, social media spreads it.

(Sometimes, as seen above, the same journo publishes both versions at different times!)

Everyone decides which version they want to believe, which suits their agenda and cite that as 'evidence'.

Rinse and repeat.

What we need is an unbiased natonal broadcaster, a trusted source of truth and justice that never puts a spin on any story:eek:

It's a feeding circle.
A journo publishes his/her their version, social media spreads it.
A different journo publishes another version, social media spreads it.

(Sometimes, as seen above, the same journo publishes both versions at different times!)

Everyone decides which version they want to believe, which suits their agenda and cite that as 'evidence'.

Rinse and repeat.

What we need is an unbiased natonal broadcaster, a trusted source of truth and justice that never puts a spin on any story:eek:
So we wait for Alan Biggs view on it then