#COVID19 | Page 912 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Meanwhile in Poland...

“Most countries that have temporarily suspended (AstraZeneca) vaccinations have given in to panic caused by media-fuelled information about alleged complications”
“In my opinion, it is possible that we are dealing with a planned disinformation campaign and a brutal fight by medical companies, possibly supported by the countries in which these companies are registered”
“I am convinced that many of them will soon return to vaccinations using AstraZeneca.”

Michał Dworczyk, PMs chief of staff.
I believe the EU bet the farm on a French vaccine didn't they? Which hasn't even come through yet?

I genuinely would not be surprised if there were not some industrial sabotage and grubby politics going on here. It just seems bizarre that now 14 countries have stopped a vaccine that even the WHO says is safe

I know of a few who have been a bit under the weather after the jab too. On the whole it is a sign that your immune system is kicking into action.

Very sorry to hear about your friend, Feco. This sort of case is exactly what they will be monitoring in great detail.
My friend who nearly died of COVID had the AZ jab and said it felt like he had a heavy cold for a day or two. His wife who got a mild dose of COVID was knocked sideways by the AZ jab for over a week. They were both pre-warned that because they had had COVID there would be side effects.

I believe the EU bet the farm on a French vaccine didn't they? Which hasn't even come through yet?
Not exactly, no.
We've done this before. From memory they have indeed bought lots of Sanofi but only about the same as AZ. Plenty from other suppliers too (moderna /pfizer / J&J /etc) gabber sensible strategic spread of potential products.
Not sure where this narrative comes from tbh. I've debunked it on here once before.

Not exactly, no.
We've done this before. From memory they have indeed bought lots of Sanofi but only about the same as AZ. Plenty from other suppliers too (moderna /pfizer / J&J /etc) gabber sensible strategic spread of potential products.
Not sure where this narrative comes from tbh. I've debunked it on here once before.
It came from the long Guardian article I posted some time ago, which did a big review/investigation into the British and EU procurement stories. I may have misinterpreted from that article the extent to which the EU were keen on Sanofi, or maybe the article exaggerated the extent.

It came from the long Guardian article I posted some time ago, which did a big review/investigation into the British and EU procurement stories. I may have misinterpreted from that article the extent to which the EU were keen on Sanofi, or maybe the article exaggerated the extent.
Ok. That's interesting. Strett says we can't believe the guardian though, so...

They certainly were keen on purchasing Sanofi. No problem with that so long as it wasn't at the expense of a broad portfolio. France and the EU have presumably both invested heavily in Sanofi over the years, just as they have in other big pharmaceutical companies. I'm sure national interests were very strongly put forward.

There are definitely two The Guardians.
One that does badly researched, lazy opinion pieces and then the high quality investigative stuff.
They should just get rid of half their staff tbh.

My friend who nearly died of COVID had the AZ jab and said it felt like he had a heavy cold for a day or two. His wife who got a mild dose of COVID was knocked sideways by the AZ jab for over a week. They were both pre-warned that because they had had COVID there would be side effects.

It dropped me for 2 days after the jab, then suddenly I was just fine again. No gradual improvement,, just woke up on the third day absolutely fine. I did have a dead arm for about a week but I felt good

My mate is in hospital at the mo. Hes been in for 5 weeks, been on a ventilator and ended up with surgical emphysema. Theyre due to take the drain off his lung today, and we are hoping he will be out on Friday.
My friend already had lung disease but they found a heart problem as well. He was on a ventilator for a while and was close to being pronounced dead twice. His temperature spiked the second time then he suddenly started to recover. He was very, very lucky so I have every sympathy for your mate.

While obviously death and hospitalisation are incredibly important when discussing the vaccine I hope we begin to analyse if it's effective against 'long covid'.

30% of those that have had C19 report symptoms lingering for months. 85% of those had mild cases. Migraines, fatigue, brain fog, loss of taste and smell, and a racing heart etc are not pleasant and can be really disabling.

While obviously death and hospitalisation are incredibly important when discussing the vaccine I hope we begin to analyse if it's effective against 'long covid'.

30% of those that have had C19 report symptoms lingering for months. 85% of those had mild cases. Migraines, fatigue, brain fog, loss of taste and smell, and a racing heart etc are not pleasant and can be really disabling.
Agree.

Hunch is that it should be pretty good though (maybe with the exception of the Brazil strains - ffs let's keep that out) since they are fairly good against infection and transmission as well as serious disease. The biggest effect will be indirect - i.e. due to transmission reduction. Less long covid if fewer people have covid.

You do all realise we’re all going to be locked down again next winter as well? Why isn’t the butcher doing anything about this now? Why aren’t they reiterating hand washing & sanitiser now? Why aren’t they talking about the more effective PPE for NHS & care staff, the fact the track & trace is an utter criminal waste of money. What are the plans for further vaccine roll outs, what are they doing about new strains, what are the plans for vaccine passports, what retraining is going to be offered to those who’ve already lost their jobs for good, what help will be offered to those with long COVID, what about cities if more & more people will be working from home, What are the civil service going to do about working from home, long term plans for social distancing, testing at ports & airports?

Or is the butcher just hoping it all magically goes away, or like Strett does he think the vaccine solves everything & childish finger pointing at the EU will help?

He’s meant to be the PM but again he’s showing no leadership & it’s going to lead to deaths either from COVID or the economic disaster of Brexit & COVID.

They are certainly expecting an autumn surge. Might mess with schools and universities. Honestly I don't really have a handle on why that might be the case. If true, how it is handled might affect Christmas. Probably highly dependent on containing emerging mutants.

I agree that there should be continued focus on 'the rules'. I think this summer is going to feel dangerously normal for most folk. Last summer seemed ok for large parts (I had a nice few days in Dorset - not with Ingy, before the rumours start to fly) but then there was huge loss of life.
Let's hope for success in the development of more generic vaccines so our 'booster' shots can protect against the future to some extent. Also, there will be improved treatments too, so there is light at the end of the tunnel so long as complacency doesn't take over (again).

You do all realise we’re all going to be locked down again next winter as well? Why isn’t the butcher doing anything about this now? Why aren’t they reiterating hand washing & sanitiser now? Why aren’t they talking about the more effective PPE for NHS & care staff, the fact the track & trace is an utter criminal waste of money. What are the plans for further vaccine roll outs, what are they doing about new strains, what are the plans for vaccine passports, what retraining is going to be offered to those who’ve already lost their jobs for good, what help will be offered to those with long COVID, what about cities if more & more people will be working from home, What are the civil service going to do about working from home, long term plans for social distancing, testing at ports & airports?

Or is the butcher just hoping it all magically goes away, or like Strett does he think the vaccine solves everything & childish finger pointing at the EU will help?

He’s meant to be the PM but again he’s showing no leadership & it’s going to lead to deaths either from COVID or the economic disaster of Brexit & COVID.

'Childish finger pointing at the EU'. What's the matter, am I being too hurty against your beloved EU? Do you need a hug?

You omitted needing the Government to wipe your arse.

Last edited:
They are certainly expecting an autumn surge. Might mess with schools and universities. Honestly I don't really have a handle on why that might be the case. If true, how it is handled might affect Christmas. Probably highly dependent on containing emerging mutants.

I agree that there should be continued focus on 'the rules'. I think this summer is going to feel dangerously normal for most folk. Last summer seemed ok for large parts (I had a nice few days in Dorset - not with Ingy, before the rumours start to fly) but then there was huge loss of life.
Let's hope for success in the development of more generic vaccines so our 'booster' shots can protect against the future to some extent. Also, there will be improved treatments too, so there is light at the end of the tunnel so long as complacency doesn't take over (again).

Which is exactly what will happen. Do you know how fucking stupid the average person is. Where’s the leadership & forward planning FFS. The butcher must be the first PM in history who wants the job but doesn’t actually want to do anything he just wants the title

All remaining over-50s in the UK are expected to be called up for a vaccine in the coming days.
A sudden surge in supply means that half of all British adults will have had a jab by the end of the week.

Fantastic from our Government.

The EU public sphere should not be underestimated.
France has decided to to suspend the AZ jab in part because Germany did. A French minister has said "[had we not suspended] we would have had three days of stress after the German decision."

Yet there were reports of people in france still being vaccinated yesterday with AZ