Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rochdale | Page 29 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rochdale

Dreadful performance. We seem to be relying far too much on the pacey strikers, and it's not really working. Too many players needing too much time on the ball, and passing is way off.
What was a 4 horse race for the top 2, well we might still have a chance, but we are 4th favourite now, after today.
I think we still have enough in the team to reach the play offs though. Question for Micheal Appleton- Why are we so bad in the first half. What can he do to improve it? Because it's his job to sort that out. It's not getting any better.

The more resilient team won and that is what disappoints me most. We have a really skilful set of players but resilience is needed. Maybe that will come with more experience. The teams from 2-3 years ago were nowhere near as skilful but more resolute.

Rochdale fully deserved that.

Mapp needs to rally the lads to sustain the playoff push. If the odds are now firmly against being in the Championship next season, then I’m still thankful for the chance to be in the mix for that, rather than Rochdale’s relegation scrap.

The club is still on the up and there’ll be many a twist and turn before this season’s over.

The other thing is fair play to Rochdale all round - it was basically the perfect performance against us. Right shape, out the blocks fast at the start, pressing nearly all game. Without one moment of brilliance, and with a bit more quality from them or the referee, it was a 0-3 game. At least 3.

First and foremost, well done Rochdale, fully deserved.

Secondly, sometimes it's best to say little or nothing straight after a game like that.

The little I will say is that it is times like today we have to not over react and respect MA when he says that young sides will throw in performances like this from time to time (don't overlook how well we played v Crewe and Ipswich away was ok so it is becoming a consistency thing amongst other factors).

Moving on from the performance today and clutching at straws by applying some reverse psychology; in a way this takes some of the pressure off being contenders for automatic promotion. Perhaps that may allow the players to play under a little less pressure and more freedom, alongside a desire to put things right.

Still proud of where we are in the league and will be tuning in v Gillingham anticipating a much better performance.