Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rochdale | Page 30 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rochdale

First and foremost, well done Rochdale, fully deserved.

Secondly, sometimes it's best to say little or nothing straight after a game like that.

The little I will say is that it is times like today we have to not over react and respect MA when he says that young sides will throw in performances like this from time to time (don't overlook how well we played v Crewe and Ipswich away was ok so it is becoming a consistency thing amongst other factors).

Moving on from the performance today and clutching at straws by applying some reverse psychology; in a way this takes some of the pressure off being contenders for automatic promotion. Perhaps that may allow the players to play under a little less pressure and more freedom, alongside a desire to put things right.

Still proud of where we are in the league and will be tuning in v Gillingham anticipating a much better performance.

Take the point about young sides but I'm not sure it was just that today? Really think we seemed a bit directionless - obviously MA has a ridiculous amount of credit in the bank but its no coincidence IMO we struggle against that shape and high pressing tactic.

Totally agree re Eyoma. Poole is adequate defending, but hasn't a clue going forward. With the way we play, we rely on our full backs being positive. Poole first pass is always backwards.

On the other side, Brammal can be OK going forward, but can't defend.

Hopefully when Bridcutt is fit, we can go back to TJ and Tayo as the full backs. It wasn't what lost us the game today, but its clear neither Palmer, Montsma or Jackson are happy with the Poole.Brammal pairing.

A degree of arrogance for me. We are thinking that we can play the ball around teams and walk to a result. Passing and movement off the ball is not energetic/good enough for that. Real desire, effort and focus only comes in when we have to chase the game. Need to be putting that effort in from 1 minute to get ahead. Hence we struggle against battlers in the lower half. Really do miss Bridcutt.

Are we allowed to say Tuesday was 2 points dropped now?
Fair play to Rochdale they played some good stuff and won a lot of the individual duels all over the pitch. I was worried they were about to score for virtually the whole of the first 75mins.

Yep absolutely. Many of us said today would define how good / poor that point was, including MAPP paraphrasing.

Totally agree re Eyoma. Poole is adequate defending, but hasn't a clue going forward. With the way we play, we rely on our full backs being positive. Poole first pass is always backwards.

On the other side, Brammal can be OK going forward, but can't defend.

Hopefully when Bridcutt is fit, we can go back to TJ and Tayo as the full backs. It wasn't what lost us the game today, but its clear neither Palmer, Montsma or Jackson are happy with the Poole.Brammal pairing.
Neither are most on here.

Worst performance of the season for me, Rochdale deserved the win and looked more like the promotion candidates.

Frustrating that we failed to press their defenders anywhere near enough throughout the 90 minutes, made it too comfortable for them. Not the game for Morton unfortunately.

Young side showing its naivety again, can't believe they were following the game plan.

Regarding the full backs, I can see why MA wants the two new ones to play a full part and rotate with Eyoma and allow Edun to play in midfield. Poole and Bramall have improved with more matches but both had relapses today.

Onto Tuesday, hope MA gets a response but fear the season is heading for play off disappointment at best.

Top ten finish would still be an excellent season.

I agree with this in part, but it's a huge fall and not a great starting point for next season in terms of momentum.

Hopefully the team morale is still good for the remaining fixtures. Appleton must be tempted to rush Bridcutt back to the first team, important that he doesn't!

Bad day at the office. Poor passing considering our normal standard. Disappointed, but we're still in the mix. I still try and remain objective - we never expected to be in this position, so to lose a game, remain in third position, and for us to be pissed off, has to show how far we've come and how expectations have been raised

As said before. We have the skill to walk this league. We have the consistency and swagger for the Top 12. Automatic promotion? Play offs? Missing out? All three are still possible, and I’ve no idea which one we’re destined for. But the trend is the latter. So we need to change that. But I can’t see where that is going to come from without Bridcutt and Grant.