Covid in the camp now | Page 3 | Vital Football

Covid in the camp now

Nobody’s being forced to get it. Just the benefits of having the vaccine (e.g. going to the pub) won’t be felt. In which case it’s probably worth getting the vaccine.
Who's said you can't go to the pub without a vaccination ? As most 18-25's won't be vaccinated until late summer if at all that would cause riots !

Correct Jock - this is the issue with the current cancel culture and faux offence taking crowd.
In this direction, and seems like vaccination discord is the latest example of it, lies dictatorship not democracy.
I will personally have the jab when it's my turn however fully respect those who choose not to. They should not be discriminated against as a consequence of their decision.

Damn right its anybodys right to choose not to be vaccinated but its also my right to choose not to sit in a restaurant or a plane with them or working with my elderly relatives in a care home.

Every choice has consequences, this is not a fucking game its life and death.

Some interesting stats - (not misleading local newspaper headlines):
Figures suggest around 900 staff at Derby and Burton hospitals have not had the Covid vaccine for undisclosed or non-health reasons.

Jabs have been available to all 15,862 front-line staff at the the Royal Derby Hospital and Queen's Hospital in Burton for four months.

Royal Derby Hospital

Figures show 1,587 staff have not yet had their vaccines.

Of these, 687 have said they are delaying the jab, mostly for health reasons such as pregnancy.

Another 68 have declined outright for non-health reasons, which have not been specified.

The remaining 832 have so far not explained why they have not come forward.

The trust has confirmed staff who have declined vaccines are still in work and reiterate that the jabs are not mandatory.

Who's said you can't go to the pub without a vaccination ? As most 18-25's won't be vaccinated until late summer if at all that would cause riots !
Imho anyone who is invited to have the jab and refuses should not be allowed out of the house except for exercise and medical treatment.
I would love to be able to return to some sort of normality as I have been shielding and haven't been in a pub or shop since March and have a compromised immune system following a stem cell transplant, contact with someone with covid could have serious consequences for me even though iv'e had my first jab.

Compulsory?

Pubs, Barbers shops, Hairdressers, Non essential shops all closed, social distancing, fines dished out for people having parties/not following guidelines etc, the list goes on and all compulsory.

Ok at the moment you can't force people to have the vaccine but they should be penalised in some way, after the jab people should be issued with a card, no card no entry to the above, you watch people change their minds.

Vaccines should be made compulsory, end of, why would you not want the jabs, what have you got to lose apart from a few minutes of your time.

I'm pretty certain that all the vaccinations that I've had through my life & the ones my kids have had - TB, polio, MMR etc.. have all been voluntary so they're not doing anything different with this one
As people have said we allegedly live in democracy so it's people's right not to have it. I will & I can't for the life of me understand why you wouldn't - as well as making sever cases less severe, there are also indications that it reduces the ability of the virus to transmit to other people, lessens the chances of actually catching it & in turn if the virus is passed on to less & less people there is less chance of it constantly mutating
So the vaccination & people getting it has far more benefits than just allowing you to be able to go to the pub

Compulsory?

Pubs, Barbers shops, Hairdressers, Non essential shops all closed, social distancing, fines dished out for people having parties/not following guidelines etc, the list goes on and all compulsory.

Ok at the moment you can't force people to have the vaccine but they should be penalised in some way, after the jab people should be issued with a card, no card no entry to the above, you watch people change their minds.

Vaccines should be made compulsory, end of, why would you not want the jabs, what have you got to lose apart from a few minutes of your time.

Oh dear your post beggars belief... hope your not going into politics anytime soon T&C...... they should be penalised in some way....why stop at just penalising people who've not had the vaccine, how about fining them, give them some sort of identification / badge to wear so we know who they are then once that's done we can work our way through society picking & choosing who to discriminate against next. What would your other policies be n what's your party going to be called 🤔

Oh dear your post beggars belief... hope your not going into politics anytime soon T&C...... they should be penalised in some way....why stop at just penalising people who've not had the vaccine, how about fining them, give them some sort of identification / badge to wear so we know who they are then once that's done we can work our way through society picking & choosing who to discriminate against next. What would your other policies be n what's your party going to be called 🤔
Sounds like Germany in the 30s to me !

People that don't have the vaccine should be discriminated against, rightly so, not one single argument stands up for me on why people would not have the vaccine.

Unless you can name any Jock, over to you.

Took my 15 year old's about 10 minutes to get fake id so they could buy alcohol. Any "vaccine passport" is likely to be completely uncontrollable and unenforceable and will just spawn a black market of fakes for exploitation by criminal opportunists.
Yet another "great idea" with no real practical way of implementing it, but at least the powers that be can put some more work the way of their mates to try and implement it.
Stupidest idea I've heard for a while.

Plus anyone refusing the vaccine should have their passport seized and lose any right to go in the pub or to matches. Anyone who works in a school and refuses the vaçcine should be suspended.

And the converse, anyone who works in a school should get a vaccination offered, pronto.

Don't think libertine Johnson is in the market for seizing anyone's passport (hence the shifting policies on lockdowns)

Why would any idiot not want to be vaccinated against such a horrible disease.
It should be made compulsory and people who do not have the vaccine who haven't got a proper reason should have restrictions put on them.
They are not only endangering themselves but they are risking passing the disease on to others who haven't had the vaccine or for medical reasons can't have it.
Nevermind the increased chances of further mutations occurring, if more go invalidated

A yellow star should do the trick

Yet another "great idea" with no real practical way of implementing it, but at least the powers that be can put some more work the way of their mates to try and implement it.
Stupidest idea I've heard for a while.

How about fingerprint testing, Green for Go, Red for Reject.

Fool proof!

People that don't have the vaccine should be discriminated against, rightly so, not one single argument stands up for me on why people would not have the vaccine.

Unless you can name any Jock, over to you.

Over to me u say.........surely to f@ck ur on a wind up or just :fish:

How's this for size....nobody is suggesting for 1 minute that any idiot should be frog-marched to the vaccination centre. Its their decision and their's alone. Now here's the but...those same idiots shouldn't be allowed to play roulette with my families life. So if enough say to the restaurant owner I'll book a table only if all in there are vaccinated he will soon bring in a proof related access. Same with pubs, aircraft etc.etc.

I don't want this to sound overly harsh but anybody willing to gamble with the health of their loved ones then go for it. I genuinely don't give a fuck if you all develop life threatening symptoms...couldn't care less. But what gives anyone the right to inflict that stupidly onto somebody else's family.

Take it or feckin leave it but don't come sobbing when you're in emergency ward 10.