Covid in the camp now | Page 2 | Vital Football

Covid in the camp now

It won’t happen, but I’m staggered he’s come out with it.

As much as I love the sport, and I’m probably in a minority on here in that I’ve rather enjoyed all these games, I don’t understand why the game has special treatment. There is an obsession with it carrying on. Villa have had to put out an under 18 team team against a near full strength liverpool. Zero integrity whatsoever. Michael Owen rubbing his hands with glee pre match that salah and maybe may get hat tricks. Already a goal up after a few minutes.

Also a report today an unknown league 1 team knowingly played with infected players and staff as they were fearful about calling a game off. Beyond belief, they should be prosecuted. ( I hope it’s not us)

The worlds gone 'kin mad!!!!!

Dont suspend the season but get footballers vaccinated as a priority!!!!
Fuming, absolutely fuming whist we wait for vulnerable and the elderly to be vaccinated , a person who I previously had a bit of respect for comes out with this:

Sean Dyche, has called for fast-tracked coronavirus vaccinations in football, with the money saved on testing being diverted to the NHS.
Fully agree... Total detached arrogance

Sorry - but footballers are way down the priority list wrt the vaccine - and rightly so !

Sadly those Degsy, money talks and the powers that be ( PL /EFL / UEFA,etc) will pay whatever it takes to make sure play continues be that riding roughshod over everyone else to get their pampered players tested to enabling the continued flow of £££€€€ into their gravy train. No morales from these men regardless the covid deaths, the using up of valuable resources of both staff & vaccine and the need for some realistic & sensible action from the footballing hierarchy....

If our games are postponed today and last Wednesday because players are either CV-19 +ve or isolating, how can Curtis Tilt be on the subs bench for Rotherham today?
Seems to me clubs are picking and choosing how they approach CV-19

Last edited:
There isn’t much sense to it Kenny. Seems the rules are just made up as they go along. The isolation period is there for a reason - you could be negative on say the fourth day of it but return a positive test on the seventh.

Football doesn’t help itself. After Rochdales equaliser today there was a ten man pile on. I get the emotion of it but given the transmissibility of the virus there is just no sense and doesn’t set the right example. Authorities keep sending out all these directives but are just ignored. My own personal view is that if society is locked down then it should also apply to football as it’s been proven they aren’t immune to contracting it and then passing on.

Sorry to resurrect this, but this story has really wound me up.

https://www.wigantoday.net/educatio...ovid-test-stay-in-class-with-the-rest-3159900

Why the fuck would anyone refuse a Covid test, (i have two a week), Boris has put all sorts of fines in place for people not sticking to the rules, he wanted the schools back up and running asap....Fair enough but shouldn't testing be made mandatory for students, anyone refusing shouldn't be allowed back in school and if the students don't have a test within a week then a fine should be issued to the parents.

I can see us going back to square one here, absolutely shocked by this news.

https://www.wigantoday.net/educatio...ovid-test-stay-in-class-with-the-rest-3159900

Why the fuck would anyone refuse a Covid test, (i have two a week), Boris has put all sorts of fines in place for people not sticking to the rules, he wanted the schools back up and running asap....Fair enough but shouldn't testing be made mandatory for students, anyone refusing shouldn't be allowed back in school and if the students don't have a test within a week then a fine should be issued to the parents.

Why is it winding you up when the 'story' doesn't actually say that pupils are refusing to have a test?

Plus anyone refusing the vaccine should have their passport seized and lose any right to go in the pub or to matches. Anyone who works in a school and refuses the vaçcine should be suspended.

Plus anyone refusing the vaccine should have their passport seized and lose any right to go in the pub or to matches. Anyone who works in a school and refuses the vaçcine should be suspended.
Erm why? If someone does not want to be vaccinated then it's their decision, this is not China. And besides, and more importantly, getting the vaccine helps lower the symptoms and survival rate of the person infected drastically from current evidence. So it will be the people who have not been vaccinated whom will suffer from it. Like I said, their decision.

Erm why? If someone does not want to be vaccinated then it's their decision, this is not China. And besides, and more importantly, getting the vaccine helps lower the symptoms and survival rate of the person infected drastically from current evidence. So it will be the people who have not been vaccinated whom will suffer from it. Like I said, their decision.
Why would any idiot not want to be vaccinated against such a horrible disease.
It should be made compulsory and people who do not have the vaccine who haven't got a proper reason should have restrictions put on them.
They are not only endangering themselves but they are risking passing the disease on to others who haven't had the vaccine or for medical reasons can't have it.

Nobody’s being forced to get it. Just the benefits of having the vaccine (e.g. going to the pub) won’t be felt. In which case it’s probably worth getting the vaccine.

Why would any idiot not want to be vaccinated against such a horrible disease.
It should be made compulsory and people who do not have the vaccine who haven't got a proper reason should have restrictions put on them.
They are not only endangering themselves but they are risking passing the disease on to others who haven't had the vaccine or for medical reasons can't have it.

I for one am pro vaccination & due one next week but have I woke up & suddenly their isn't a democracy in this country where people are allowed to decide for themselves what to say / think / do - I mean yes it does make sense to have the vaccination but it's also people's rights to not have it regardless of what we think.....'compulsory' isn't democratic or fair & saying they should have restrictions if they don't have the vaccine is ott yet posters are liking this post 🤔

I for one am pro vaccination & due one next week but have I woke up & suddenly their isn't a democracy in this country where people are allowed to decide for themselves what to say / think / do - I mean yes it does make sense to have the vaccination but it's also people's rights to not have it regardless of what we think.....'compulsory' isn't democratic or fair & saying they should have restrictions if they don't have the vaccine is ott yet posters are liking this post 🤔
Correct Jock - this is the issue with the current cancel culture and faux offence taking crowd.
In this direction, and seems like vaccination discord is the latest example of it, lies dictatorship not democracy.
I will personally have the jab when it's my turn however fully respect those who choose not to. They should not be discriminated against as a consequence of their decision.