• Win

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So IFAB are amending the handball law from the 1st July. Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence. Under the new rule Fulham's goal last night would have stood.

So would the goal we scored against Sheff United when Moura handled the ball whilst being fouled outside the area last season.
They were awarded a free kick but no foul against Lucas!
The law HAD to change, so hopefully we won't be discussing these anymore and players won't be deliberately hitting balls at defenders arms to try and win pens!

Why can't Tanganga play every game? Is he still injured or is your comment based on nobody is able to play each game with the fixture congestion?

I was hoping that he'd be really fresh and raring to go at this stage of the season.

Tanganga is not as attacking as Aurier or Doherty so may be better suited to the type of opponent that is expected to attack us. I think he has it in his locker to attack but may be is focused on defending first.
The RB and LB position requires rotation.
Doherty although under performing cost us 15 mil and is being given a chance.

I am all over the place with this "handball" rule, as in last night, Hand ball accidental or not fell in favour to a team mate enabling them to score, well when I did the Referee's course way back when that rule applied then, I never completed the course after advice that I had the wrong type of attitude mmmm! lol!

Tanganga is not as attacking as Aurier or Doherty so may be better suited to the type of opponent that is expected to attack us. I think he has it in his locker to attack but may be is focused on defending first.
The RB and LB position requires rotation.
Doherty although under performing cost us 15 mil and is being given a chance.

Braindead and Docherty are two of the most ineffective attacking wing backs I have seen. Their instinct is negative and they prefer to turn back and pass back and get rid of the hot potatoe. They never or rarely actually beat a player or even try to beat a player, and as for crossing...well enough said! And lastly when they do their defensive duties or try to, and both seem to give the wingers so much time and space by pulling inside too far so encouraging forays down our right side, so defensively, which is supposed to be their strength, they are lacking as well. So in my opinion Japhet every time will give more to the team than those two.

Only heard it on the radio , I’m not sure why people are moaning about Harry Kane , ...... he wasn’t playing ! He only came on in the last five minutes .
The comment at must have missed that substitution , . I suddenly heard his name as he fell over and won a free kick , then took the free kick and passed to the ever flying full back who by then had had become totally invisible
I am all over the place with this "handball" rule, as in last night, Hand ball accidental or not fell in favour to a team mate enabling them to score, well when I did the Referee's course way back when that rule applied then, I never completed the course after advice that I had the wrong type of attitude mmmm! lol!
you are not alone with not understanding the handball rules .
Hand ball at the start of the season is not the same as now , is not the same as it was last year or as it was three years ago .
Prior to that handball had been the same for 125 years .
Namely , gaining an advantage by the deliberate use of the hand or arm .
Hand ball now ? I haven’t got a clue what it is.
Apart from being an absolute joke .

There was a time once when hand ball could not stop a goal .,the ref was authorised to ignore a deliberate hand ball and award a goal if it was obvious the ball would have gone into the goal .
Did you take your refereeing course in Portsmouth., .... that’s where I took mine , back in around 1990 .

I told 80 months ago that Son was looking for a move, his agent suddenly got very active and then went very quiet, almost like he'd found his move.

Harry had the Euro's on his mind, stay fit for that and do well and there are a couple of moves that might be open to him.

We may have entered a radically different, temporary or not, Age of The "Ultimate Quiet Deal". Seems some big gunz have some flex, but dont want the others to get the feels and make things a nuisance. Rather, acknowledge the confines of the Shoppe, and come to confident and fruitful agreements with out the riffraff. Peace of mind in the player is thing with this, and questioning of the loyalty to the badge like with CE, well that annoyance never appears.

Who knows what, and how much, but some things are being banked, that's the impression I get.

Oh, and regarding the match, I am dumbfounded that this supposed "genius" of football continually shows a complete and utter lack of any understanding of his players. Constantly putting his squad at risk because he strings a guy out in a spot/role that just doesn't fit him, its fuken weird is what it is.

Doherty had a rough match. But his manager did him no favors, in any part of the match management. Pressing wing up the pitch in a back 4 with Bale as his sidemate and Ndomb as high support? My word.

Jose is a dumb ass.

Also, some of the most effective game risking subs I've seen in awhile. Some real cockamamie shit right there.

We may have entered a radically different, temporary or not, Age of The "Ultimate Quiet Deal". Seems some big gunz have some flex, but dont want the others to get the feels and make things a nuisance. Rather, acknowledge the confines of the Shoppe, and come to confident and fruitful agreements with out the riffraff. Peace of mind in the player is thing with this, and questioning of the loyalty to the badge like with CE, well that annoyance never appears.

Who knows what, and how much, but some things are being banked, that's the impression I get.

Son is not hiding the quiet deal very well though if he's got people like me assuming that he's leaving based on his body language on the pitch. He's clearly thick if he thinks that fans can't see beyond the goals and the assists and see the other stuff at the moment.

Son is not hiding the quiet deal very well though if he's got people like me assuming that he's leaving based on his body language on the pitch. He's clearly thick if he thinks that fans can't see beyond the goals and the assists and see the other stuff at the moment.
But it's so much easier now without the fans at the matches. And I doubt if he reads VS so there's no real pressure coming from anywhere.

Having said that I hadn't really interpreted his performances as indicative of him having sorted another deal elsewhere. He's always been a streaky player in terms of goalscoring and when he's not scoring he rarely impacts games significantly in other ways.

And even if he wants away, I just can't see DL countenancing a move if Kane also moves on.

The difference was that Dele was industrious. He got a foot in so many times and broke down their moves. He was both the extra man in midfield and the player that stretched them defensively in the number 10 role. If Kane, Son and Bale had his attitude tonight we would have been out of sight. I knew Dele would be spent though after an hour as he put such a shift in. Shame the others didn't help him.

The other big problem was our lack of quality in the wide areas from the full-backs. Throw in pacey, dynamic full-backs and that game is very different. It was too easy for FFC to manage Davies and Doherty who offered no attacking threat.

I agree Dele put himself about but not much quality.
Our full backs were a joke it was laughable how bad Doherty was at crossing. I do not know what Jose was trying to prove playing them and leaving Aurier and Reg out. The other problem was we had not much coming from cm especially Hojbjerg he carried on his run of very poor matches. I think though anyone can see that Jose is lost. He doesn't know his best team chopping and changing not getting no consistency. I just want him gone

I agree Dele put himself about but not much quality.
Our full backs were a joke it was laughable how bad Doherty was at crossing. I do not know what Jose was trying to prove playing them and leaving Aurier and Reg out. The other problem was we had not much coming from cm especially Hojbjerg he carried on his run of very poor matches. I think though anyone can see that Jose is lost. He doesn't know his best team chopping and changing not getting no consistency. I just want him gone
The not knowing his best team may be partly true but I suspect there is an element of squad management here too. We've played more games than any other team in the top 5 leagues in Europe and we have a potentially arduous Europa League campaign still to come.

Jose's nailed on first choice players if fit.
Lloris, Aurier, Reggie, Toby , Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Son , Kane. This could be challenged but I would suggest the number of games they start would back it up.

That leaves just 3 places. The other CB position is up for grabs between Sanchez and Dier, the other MF place is governed by fitness currently but take your pick between Loco and Dele. The attack position would be Bale if fit but he isnt. Jose has a choice of Bergwijn, Lamela, Moura or Bale which is a nice problem to have.

So I dispute the notion that Jose does not know his best team. It will also depend on who we are playing.

But it's so much easier now without the fans at the matches. And I doubt if he reads VS so there's no real pressure coming from anywhere.

Having said that I hadn't really interpreted his performances as indicative of him having sorted another deal elsewhere. He's always been a streaky player in terms of goalscoring and when he's not scoring he rarely impacts games significantly in other ways.

And even if he wants away, I just can't see DL countenancing a move if Kane also moves on.

He did sell Keane and Berbatov in the same summer. I wouldn't rule it out.

Only heard it on the radio , I’m not sure why people are moaning about Harry Kane , ...... he wasn’t playing ! He only came on in the last five minutes .
The comment at must have missed that substitution , . I suddenly heard his name as he fell over and won a free kick , then took the free kick and passed to the ever flying full back who by then had had become totally invisible

you are not alone with not understanding the handball rules .
Hand ball at the start of the season is not the same as now , is not the same as it was last year or as it was three years ago .
Prior to that handball had been the same for 125 years .
Namely , gaining an advantage by the deliberate use of the hand or arm .
Hand ball now ? I haven’t got a clue what it is.
Apart from being an absolute joke .

There was a time once when hand ball could not stop a goal .,the ref was authorised to ignore a deliberate hand ball and award a goal if it was obvious the ball would have gone into the goal .
Did you take your refereeing course in Portsmouth., .... that’s where I took mine , back in around 1990 .
1990 way after me Walt, I was still in the forces in 1980 when I started to take the course, never finished it, because as I said prior I was informed that "I had the wrong type of attitude" probably meaning I had discipline and would take no shit from players haha.