NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 491 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been watching the tragedy of this great Club,
being brought to it's knees, since Choi shafted us.
The remnants of our team have tried their best,
against all the odds, but it looks all in vain.

At present i'm just numb, with sadness and anger
that since we were elected to The Football League in 1978,
we could end up back in non-league football.

It's no comfort to the Latics fans, but similar events have
happened to other Clubs and they have since got back
into the Football League and prospered.

Where we end up, is anyone's guess at present,
i hope the younger generation get the chance,
i had of watching us rise from non-league football
to the Premier League and Winning the FA Cup.

Even if the we don't reach those dizzy heights again,
i hope the next generation of fans,
get the same enjoyment me and my mates had,
experiencing the roller-coaster rides
following Latics up and down the Country.

I may not be there physically to watch them anymore,
but once you are a Latics fan it stays with you for life.

'We put our hat in the ring' - Aussie group eager to buy English club - FTBL | The home of football in Australia

Aussie RDR Investment Partners have confirmed their interest in buying the club, with 'managing partner' Daniel Hallami going public about it in the above article. Confirmed they would use the club to develop Australian players, which they claim will be easier to achieve in post-Brexit English football.

Also confirm they tried to buy Charlton in 2018, and would spend $6.2 million AUD (£3.47 million) buying the club, with an operating budget of $7.1 million AUD (£3.98 million) for the next two years.

'We put our hat in the ring' - Aussie group eager to buy English club - FTBL | The home of football in Australia

Aussie RDR Investment Partners have confirmed their interest in buying the club, with 'managing partner' Daniel Hallami going public about it in the above article. Confirmed they would use the club to develop Australian players, which they claim will be easier to achieve in post-Brexit English football.

Also confirm they tried to buy Charlton in 2018, and would spend $6.2 million AUD (£3.47 million) buying the club, with an operating budget of $7.1 million AUD (£3.98 million) for the next two years.
Where you heard that from as I can't find out?

Why are people writing off the Bahrain group so quickly ? Just curious if I've missed something. The SC said last week that they were getting positive feedback and that they "hoped" (it's beyond their control) for a successful conclusion within 2 or 3 weeks - these legal things do take a long time - and yet after 1 week people on here seem to know that the deal is off the table. What have I missed ?

Why are people writing off the Bahrain group so quickly ? Just curious if I've missed something. The SC said last week that they were getting positive feedback and that they "hoped" (it's beyond their control) for a successful conclusion within 2 or 3 weeks - these legal things do take a long time - and yet after 1 week people on here seem to know that the deal is off the table. What have I missed ?
Think it was the shock of seeing this ausie report that made people think wtf has happened

A consortium of Australian investors is poised to make a bid to buy crisis-hit former Premier League club Wigan Athletic.

The group, fronted by Sydney investment fund RDR Investment Partners, is pulling together a multi-million dollar bid to purchase the English League One club with an aim to make it a stepping stone to European clubs for young Australian players.

Wigan famously won the 2013 FA Cup final against giants Manchester City but have endured a turbulent time since that day.

In July last year the Latics became the first English club to enter administration during the COVID-19 pandemic just four weeks after a Hong Kong-based investment firm had bought the then-Championship team.

- Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
- ESPN+ viewer's guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more

A new owner has yet to be found in the months since but the Australian-based consortium is in the first steps of putting in a bid.

"We are interested in purchasing Wigan and put our hat in the ring," RDR managing partner Daniel Hallami told AAP.

The Sydney-based group has previously attempted to purchase fellow English club Charlton Athletic in 2018 and expressed interest in A-League club Central Coast Mariners before ending discussions with owner Mike Charlesworth.

It's understood RDR would spend $6.2 million to purchase the club and provide a $7.1 million operating budget for a two-year period to the EFL.

Hallami said while talks were in very early stages, the overall plan is to use the club to bring in young Australian talent and then on-sell those players to other English and European teams.

"We'd look to establish a feeder system ... with the grassroots Australian talents and opening up the UK doors to them," he said.

"With the likes of Brexit coming in, any Commonwealth countries, it's going to be a lot easier for them to attain UK visas ... it's sort of forming the perfect storm and there's a there's a lot of opportunities."

The RDR bid is not the only one looking at purchasing Wigan with a Bahrain-based consortium apparently well advanced in their talks with the EFL as well as one other reported bidder.

Wigan sit bottom of League One after 32 matches this season and have just 14 matches to climb out of the relegation zone and avoid dropping into English league football's bottom tier.

If the club is still in Administration by the start of next season we will lose our Football league status. Does anyone know which league we would be allowed to play in ?

Has anyone heard similar to this?;

‘Admins have been struggling to get in touch with the Bahrainis since last week. Contact has seized completely with the bidders despite the many attempts to get in touch with them’

This was sent to me on WhatsApp, and we all know much sh*te gets sent on there, so I’m taking this with a pinch of salt.

If the club is still in Administration by the start of next season we will lose our Football league status. Does anyone know which league we would be allowed to play in ?
Need to as bury about that

That depends on when the refusal of EFL status was handed down. If it's at any point after the FA have released the NLS structure for the forthcoming season then we wouldn't have any league to play in for the 21/22 season.
I believe, as Bury tried, that there is a process whereby the club could apply to enter the National League but that wouldn't be possible until the 22/23 season. Also the application is voted on by members of the National League & I would assume that it's likely they'd reject it as they did with Bury
So the club would then have to apply to the FA to enter the NLS pyramid for 22/23 & it's up to them where they would put us. Some clubs who have gone down this route have not been placed at the bottom of the non-league pyramid (North West Counties Div 1) - the most recent being Hereford who were put in the equivalent of the North West Counties Prem Div. I believe the same happened with Wimbledon & Darlington whilst the club created from Chester City (Chester FC) were placed in the Northern Premier League Div 1 after winning an appeal about being placed in the North West Counties

‘Admins have been struggling to get in touch with the Bahrainis since last week. Contact has seized completely with the bidders despite the many attempts to get in touch with them’

This was sent to me on WhatsApp, and we all know much sh*te gets sent on there, so I’m taking this with a pinch of salt.
I have not heard that but I have heard if latics end up going under
Then the warriors won't be too far behind has they can't run the stadium alone

Sent by whom WN3? Given that you need to have a personal connection with people on Whatsapp (or at least, be in the same messaging group) I'm not sure why you'd say that "shite" gets sent by that method.................... unless that's the standard of your contacts.

Was it sent to you by someone who normally sends you shite? .......... if so, why bother telling us on here about it? ......... as your first post?

On the other hand, maybe you meant twitter........where there is admittedly a high degree of shite ....... but in which case, it's still not clear why you'd tell us, and especially so. without also saying who sent it, and why or how you think they might have heard this.

Sorry mate, but as a piece of news, this sounds dodgy ............ and as a wind-up, it's pretty pitiful.

Much like our team ........ must do better.

That depends on when the refusal of EFL status was handed down. If it's at any point after the FA have released the NLS structure for the forthcoming season then we wouldn't have any league to play in for the 21/22 season.
I believe, as Bury tried, that there is a process whereby the club could apply to enter the National League but that wouldn't be possible until the 22/23 season. Also the application is voted on by members of the National League & I would assume that it's likely they'd reject it as they did with Bury
So the club would then have to apply to the FA to enter the NLS pyramid for 22/23 & it's up to them where they would put us. Some clubs who have gone down this route have not been placed at the bottom of the non-league pyramid (North West Counties Div 1) - the most recent being Hereford who were put in the equivalent of the North West Counties Prem Div. I believe the same happened with Wimbledon & Darlington whilst the club created from Chester City (Chester FC) were placed in the Northern Premier League Div 1 after winning an appeal about being placed in the North West Counties

Is all that only when your liquidated and starting afresh

Status
Not open for further replies.