Wilder lost dressing room | Page 6 | Vital Football

Wilder lost dressing room

The real question is why the Prince didn't sanction any signings, didn't he have the money or was he made aware that Wilder had lost the confidence of the players and relegation was inevitable .If the the latter I would expect that CW is living on borrowed time as the majority of players wouldn't play and support CW on less wages. The Prince could then appoint a new manager and give them a few bob to spend.
Watch

But I hadn't given up hope at that point.
Look on the bright side Chips.

Under a previous regime there'd have been a fire sale of all the assets in January- not that we'd have had many because they wouldn't have been bought in the 1st place.

Look on the bright side Chips.

Under a previous regime there'd have been a fire sale of all the assets in January- not that we'd have had many because they wouldn't have been bought in the 1st place.
I hope I don't need to remember this regime with as much hatred TT........but I might.

You talk about me dodging questions Raumy,o_O Do you want a new manager in at BDBL for next season Yes or NO,it's a straight forward question and it's 100% definate NO from me.UTMPB

On the back of this disasterous season yes, I think it would be in the club's best interests to appoint a new manager for what's going to be a transitional season. I can make suggestions, a young manager I really like is Rebrov at our pals Fradi, but I'll repeat that the Prince would be more likely to appoint from Belgium.

For half a decade we've mostly enjoyed great times with CW, but the last chapter's been a nightmare. We've become CW's little fiefdom, if we want to establish the club as a PL mainstay we have to embrace changes like a D of F, shopping in overseas markets and bringing through youth.

On the back of this disasterous season yes, I think it would be in the club's best interests to appoint a new manager for what's going to be a transitional season. I can make suggestions, a young manager I really like is Rebrov at our pals Fradi, but I'll repeat that the Prince would be more likely to appoint from Belgium.

For half a decade we've mostly enjoyed great times with CW, but the last chapter's been a nightmare. We've become CW's little fiefdom, if we want to establish the club as a PL mainstay we have to embrace changes like a D of F, shopping in overseas markets and bringing through youth.
Then give the new bloke 3 years to get us up?

You may well get your wish for their to be a new manager next season Raumy,as i've said previously i very much hope we still have our Chris in charge next season.Is that Rebrov the same Rebrov who was a decent striker with Spurs? UTMPB

Then give the new bloke 3 years to get us up?

It's all about setting the foundations so that when we go up next we give ourselves the best possible chance of staying there long term.

Whoever's in charge I'm not confident we'll be going up next season. Clubs don't just bounce back from horror campaigns like the one we're suffering.

You may well get your wish for their to be a new manager next season Raumy,as i've said previously i very much hope we still have our Chris in charge next season.Is that Rebrov the same Rebrov who was a decent striker with Spurs? UTMPB

It is rod. He got Fradi to the CL group stages playing brave and attractive football. Also had a stint at Dynamo Kiev.

He won't be coming here, but he's a decent manager, I think he'd do well in England.

It's all about setting the foundations so that when we go up next we give ourselves the best possible chance of staying there long term.

Whoever's in charge I'm not confident we'll be going up next season. Clubs don't just bounce back from horror campaigns like the one we're suffering.
No it's about the players and the tactics. I want CW but if we get someone else then he'll get my support along with any player who wears the shirt.

If our relegation comes to fruition it will be interesting to see how the Prince and the board deal with our downturn in fortunes. When asked about the mortgage he had taken out to purchase the assets from KMat the forum he said he wouldn't be a problem if our Premiership status continued. So if relegation is confirmed what problems will surface, lots of questions to be asked in the coming months, hopefully they aren't all bad.

When he left what league were we in and was that better than when he started TT?
No, when he 1st got involved we were in the Champ.
When he lost sole ownership( with or without the disputes) the prince became the SOLE owner. Effectively, he was in dispute before we got back to the PL and was indeed ousted at the same time we got there.
So, started 2nd rate, finished worthless with a reputation in tatters, now widely reviled, seldom, if ever, revered nowadays.

Not forgetting the longest spell in the 3rd dividion the club has ever had. The prince came in in 2013 and , by Sept 2019- the 2nd month of the 1st season back in the PL, McC had a high court judgement to sell his shares to the prince.Effectively the prince had 3 yrs involvement before we started moving upwards again and, by the time we were back in the PL, Aug 2019, was ( not withstanding McC's duplicitious shenanigans) sole owner.
We've already had twice as long in the PL than we did under McC!

It was in 2017, when we were moving back up the leagues, that McC tried to oust the prince- a mere coincidnce??- but , as we all know, McC made yet another misjudgement of a man and the prince won out.

To sum up, the main leagcy for which McC will be remembered is a litany of failures in both managerial appointments culminating in 6 yrs in the 3rd div when, halfway through that, he thought he'd found a tame patsy in an airport lounge. We then witnessed the sad and embarrassing spectacle of a man doing anything to try to oust the prince regardless of the name and reputation of the club he 'loved'.
He coined the phrase 'no bigger Blade' for himself. Now we have got to see his true colours- the most unedifying spectacle and fitting epitaph for a man in it solely for his own interests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Sheffield_United_F.C._directors_and_chairmen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sheffield_United_F.C._seasons

No, when he 1st got involved we were in the Champ.
When he lost sole ownership( with or without the disputes) the prince became the SOLE owner. Effectively, he was in dispute before we got back to the PL and was indeed ousted at the same time we got there.
So, started 2nd rate, finished worthless with a reputation in tatters, now widely reviled, seldom, if ever, revered nowadays.

Not forgetting the longest spell in the 3rd dividion the club has ever had. The prince came in in 2013 and , by Sept 2019- the 2nd month of the 1st season back in the PL, McC had a high court judgement to sell his shares to the prince.Effectively the prince had 3 yrs involvement before we started moving upwards again and, by the time we were back in the PL, Aug 2019, was ( not withstanding McC's duplicitious shenanigans) sole owner.
We've already had twice as long in the PL than we did under McC!

It was in 2017, when we were moving back up the leagues, that McC tried to oust the prince- a mere coincidnce??- but , as we all know, McC made yet another misjudgement of a man and the prince won out.

To sum up, the main leagcy for which McC will be remembered is a litany of failures in both managerial appointments culminating in 6 yrs in the 3rd div when, halfway through that, he thought he'd found a tame patsy in an airport lounge. We then witnessed the sad and embarrassing spectacle of a man doing anything to try to oust the prince regardless of the name and reputation of the club he 'loved'.
He coined the phrase 'no bigger Blade' for himself. Now we have got to see his true colours- the most unedifying spectacle and fitting epitaph for a man in it solely for his own interests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Sheffield_United_F.C._directors_and_chairmen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sheffield_United_F.C._seasons
When was the court decison TT? You know I'm right on this...he was joint owner
when we won promotion to the Prem mate.

When was the court decison TT? You know I'm right on this...he was joint owner
when we won promotion to the Prem mate.
Chips, your support for McC is admirable but the man you support is not worthy of it.

As I said he was ousted completely by the High Court in Sept of that PL return season and, ergo, the ownership was in dispute well before that. I suppose you could say he had 1/10th of the PL season whilst his name was on some papers.

His name might have been on some papers but his heart was closer to his money.

Technically, yes - although , not having the legal knowledge to know whether he still had any meaningful say in the running, I hesitate to agree 100% to that.

Morally -nowhere near the club by then. He'd alienated so many by then that he was the pariah pissing on the parade- and, since then, he's descended to petty attempts at interfering.

Chips, your support for McC is admirable but the man you support is not worthy of it.

As I said he was ousted completely by the High Court in Sept of that PL return season and, ergo, the ownership was in dispute well before that. I suppose you could say he had 1/10th of the PL season whilst his name was on some papers.

His name might have been on some papers but his heart was closer to his money.

Technically, yes - although , not having the legal knowledge to know whether he still had any meaningful say in the running, I hesitate to agree 100% to that.

Morally -nowhere near the club by then. He'd alienated so many by then that he was the pariah pissing on the parade- and, since then, he's descended to petty attempts at interfering.
Let's get this right though TT, you hate him and I don't...simple. He was our man until Mid September 2019 when we had got promotion to the Prem. He oversaw one more promotion than he did relegation and supported us financially for years.
He made loads of mistakes and was not a saint but give me a break pal.

Last edited:
I want Wilder in charge next season 100%. He needs to learn from the mistakes he’s made this season at this level but I’m sure he‘s still young enough to. The board and HRH need to step up to the mark as well if/when we get back up to the PL

Let's get this right though TT, you hate him and I don't...simple. He was our man until Mid Deptember 2019 when we had got promotion to the Prem. He oversaw one more promotion than he did relegation and supported us financially for years.
He made loads of mistakes and was not a saint but give me a break pal.
Clutching at straws Chips.
He totally discredited himself when he lost the ownership battle.
Not hate from me-only met him a couple of times and he seemed OK- but my suspicions, my inclinations were, throughout his reign, that he wasn't the saint so many saw him as.

He proved that spectacularly in his bitter, spiteful end to the association and, for me, thank God he's gone ,hpefully never to darken the doors again.