• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would be interesting to see what type of leader Kane is. He never comes across as blessed with charisma but he is definitely a level-headed guy and is thoughtful in his answers. He can definitely thump his chest and do ra-ra though. Makes me laugh that the Brits need that whereas Lloris is almost certainly a calmer and more intelligent communicator in the squad.

The free-kicks are annoying me now. There have been some bowling cricket captains that don't bowl themselves enough. Kane is the opposite. He grabs the ball for the free-kicks whereas a great leader would step aside and let someone else have a go. There is nothing to admire about Kane in this area right now.

Ultimately, what we need most is Kane, the player, with more intelligent footballers and high energy around him. It is bad enough having to do the defensive thinking for Son. Recently, Kane has Moura around him as well and you can see Harry shutting down on his defensive duties. Kane is almost getting to the age where the younger, fitter guys need to be doing the high-energy stuff for him.

It would be interesting to see what type of leader Kane is. He never comes across as blessed with charisma but he is definitely a level-headed guy and is thoughtful in his answers. He can definitely thump his chest and do ra-ra though. Makes me laugh that the Brits need that whereas Lloris is almost certainly a calmer and more intelligent communicator in the squad.

The free-kicks are annoying me now. There have been some bowling cricket captains that don't bowl themselves enough. Kane is the opposite. He grabs the ball for the free-kicks whereas a great leader would step aside and let someone else have a go. There is nothing to admire about Kane in this area right now.

Ultimately, what we need most is Kane, the player, with more intelligent footballers and high energy around him. It is bad enough having to do the defensive thinking for Son. Recently, Kane has Moura around him as well and you can see Harry shutting down on his defensive duties. Kane is almost getting to the age where the younger, fitter guys need to be doing the high-energy stuff for him.

The main question will always be, is Kane more driven by personal goals than team goals? He answers this when he says 'if the team matches my ambitions then I will stay.' That's not a leader. That's just a world class, influential player. That is why Lloris is a better captain. It's why I was furious when Kane was given VC over Vertonghen. It's why I think Hojbjerg is much better captain material.

The main question will always be, is Kane more driven by personal goals than team goals? He answers this when he says 'if the team matches my ambitions then I will stay.' That's not a leader. That's just a world class, influential player. That is why Lloris is a better captain. It's why I was furious when Kane was given VC over Vertonghen. It's why I think Hojbjerg is much better captain material.

It used to make me laugh that Dawson used to wear the armband. A guy that was only just about good enough for a 1st team shirt if he had someone like Ledley doing the thinking for him. He couldn't even run a back four, let alone 11 players.

Just shows that being vocal and thumping your chest can get you a long way. Same as being an off-field ambassador and a great guy.

What we really need is that armband planted on the best football brain, not the best player. Vertonghen would have also told Hojbjerg to get out of his backline and back into midfield where he belongs. He would have seen what is going on, just like Hugo should be.

I don't agree about his hold-up play. What he needs is game time against PL opposition in order to improve it against tougher CB's. I really like the lad. He is technically very tidy, knows how to bring players around him into play and his anticipation is excellent. If he had been on the pitch for some of the crosses that were coming into the box against Spam, I think he scores at least one. Kane is too static in the box and always seems to cling to the far post.

If Kane does leave this summer and we haven't given Vinicius more PL game time then we are really going to be stuffed. No player acclimatizes to a new country or league with no game time. If Kane is carrying an injury, then why not give that time to him now? It's not like we're raking in the points anyway.
Thus far I'm not sold on Vinicius, but I wouldn't contest the viewpoint that he hasn't been given much game time to establish or prove himself.
My view is that a top four position in the PL is gone, but we can't get relegated either. Why not therefore use the remaining league games to further integrate and give opportunity for 'fringe players' to establish or reestablish themselves, in this regard I'm thinking Vinicius, Winks, Bale and Dele, although Skipp, Sessegnon, Parrott and Clarke would fall into this category if they were available to us.
Sure we will need to keep our best players match fit for as long as we have a shot in the EL, but there really shouldn't be any need any longer to be sending out Kane, Son and Hojbjerg in pretty much every game, let alone the likes of Sissoko, Moura and Bergwijn.

I don't agree about his hold-up play. What he needs is game time against PL opposition in order to improve it against tougher CB's. I really like the lad. He is technically very tidy, knows how to bring players around him into play and his anticipation is excellent. If he had been on the pitch for some of the crosses that were coming into the box against Spam, I think he scores at least one. Kane is too static in the box and always seems to cling to the far post.

If Kane does leave this summer and we haven't given Vinicius more PL game time then we are really going to be stuffed. No player acclimatizes to a new country or league with no game time. If Kane is carrying an injury, then why not give that time to him now? It's not like we're raking in the points anyway.

I know with game time he will improve, thats obvious, but he will never be a top notch centre forward in the PL IMO

Thus far I'm not sold on Vinicius, but I wouldn't contest the viewpoint that he hasn't been given much game time to establish or prove himself.
My view is that a top four position in the PL is gone, but we can't get relegated either. Why not therefore use the remaining league games to further integrate and give opportunity for 'fringe players' to establish or reestablish themselves, in this regard I'm thinking Vinicius, Winks, Bale and Dele, although Skipp, Sessegnon, Parrott and Clarke would fall into this category if they were available to us.
Sure we will need to keep our best players match fit for as long as we have a shot in the EL, but there really shouldn't be any need any longer to be sending out Kane, Son and Hojbjerg in pretty much every game, let alone the likes of Sissoko, Moura and Bergwijn.

I think that is harsh on Bergwijn. He's exactly the player that needs prioritizing and given license to play the way he did before we bought him. I'm sure we've all seen enough of Lamela and Moura to know what they do and don't bring. I'm not sure we can say that about Stevie.

I remember being in Porto for the Holland vs Portugal Nations League final and watching him live. He was a nuisance, running into space, using his pace and strength to create strength. My suspicion is that it is his groin injury and the Jose setup that is stopping him from getting out of the Moura / Lamela category in the eyes of the fans.

For me a "Captain" doesn't necessarily have to be a player with a football brain as such, he has to have a "natural/born leader" under his skin, a player who plays for the cause, driven, not afraid to tell the so called better players how it is, thus the "manager" on the pitch, for me it has to be a CM player who see's what's going on all around him.

Sid Vicious, there is a good CF in there, not a HK type, but more a Clive Allen type, ie goal poacher who knows where the goal is, yes he has the ability to hold up the ball and bring others into being, but with him as the "striker" we have to have a plan "B" type of game, get down the line and get the ball into the box on a very regular predictable! basis if you like, He Sid! will keep the opposition CB's bloody busy with his movement inside, even on the exterior of the box, thus allowing room for the likes of Deli to pass him and get into gl scoring position, simple really.

Ok fair point, but we will just have to agree to disagree lol!

No doubt Vini would improve with playing time. He's a pretty good athlete so I would think with Kane's work ethic he could be really good. Bit the only other player with Kane's work ethic that made it big that we have had is Mr. Bale.

I think that is harsh on Bergwijn. He's exactly the player that needs prioritizing and given license to play the way he did before we bought him. I'm sure we've all seen enough of Lamela and Moura to know what they do and don't bring. I'm not sure we can say that about Stevie.

I remember being in Porto for the Holland vs Portugal Nations League final and watching him live. He was a nuisance, running into space, using his pace and strength to create strength. My suspicion is that it is his groin injury and the Jose setup that is stopping him from getting out of the Moura / Lamela category in the eyes of the fans.

Until he shows us otherwise we can say that about him, he gets into the spaces but then shows similar not good enough outcomes of Lamela and Lucas. He's been here long enough to have his feet under the table and be better. He looks to me like a player short of belief and confidence.

We've seen precious little of the fella but what we have seen i feel you've summed him up rather well. Give the lad the opportunity to prove he can cut it in the Prem, i believe he may surprise a few.

We've seen precious little of the fella but what we have seen i feel you've summed him up rather well. Give the lad the opportunity to prove he can cut it in the Prem, i believe he may surprise a few.

What I have seen is a player lacking proficiency in his play to warrant the ridiculous fee Benfica are asking for him. I'd put him at 30-70 against, the standard of player we should be seeing NOW. Before he can begin to swing that around, he'll need to show better control of the football. Presently, it's bouncing off his shins too often and he's wasting unnecessary energy chasing it.

What I have seen is a player lacking proficiency in his play to warrant the ridiculous fee Benfica are asking for him. I'd put him at 30-70 against, the standard of player we should be seeing NOW. Before he can begin to swing that around, he'll need to show better control of the football. Presently, it's bouncing off his shins too often and he's wasting unnecessary energy chasing it.
He looks rusty Rich, hardly surprising with the lack of gametime he's had. He needs a run in the team, only then can we really pass judgement on the lad.

Ever since Bergwinj has arrived he hasn't looked fit. He seems to have lost some speed from his PSV days.

I remember him tearing Walker apart with his speed for Holland. I haven't seen him skin anyone like that in over a year.

Something isn't adding up with him. Can't figure out if it's an injury or a self belief thing.

Ever since Bergwinj has arrived he hasn't looked fit. He seems to have lost some speed from his PSV days.

I remember him tearing Walker apart with his speed for Holland. I haven't seen him skin anyone like that in over a year.

Something isn't adding up with him. Can't figure out if it's an injury or a self belief thing.
RD, I think I read or heard somewhere that he is carrying some sort of muscle injury.
By the way, has Eric Dier put on weight, Mrs PY said during the Wet Spam game who's the fatty at the back for Spurs, me said Eric Dier, her said bloody hell ain't he got a fat arse now, think women notice these things lol!

RD, I think I read or heard somewhere that he is carrying some sort of muscle injury.
By the way, has Eric Dier put on weight, Mrs PY said during the Wet Spam game who's the fatty at the back for Spurs, me said Eric Dier, her said bloody hell ain't he got a fat arse now, think women notice these things lol!
To me, Dier has been noticeably bigger for several seasons now. I'm not sure if it was due to his injuries/illness or the training plan that he is on. It's correlated with his decline in speed & mobility too. In his early seasons here he was able to get about the pitch much better.
I would say the same (to a lesser extent) about Kane too although he has maybe bulked up to try and protect himself and his ankles.

He is bigger. Thought the same. Didn't look at his arse though. Lol