• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is this man a leader? Is this man really a team player? IMO his head drops far too easily. Or perhaps it's turned already. Who knows but he likes his stats.

He is never going to be a brand name. A football superstar, already there on his own account. But is he a winner?

He is focussed on scoring and to be fair he was so so close a few times and could have won us the match...did not get the rub today i think........however him taking a free kick near the area when Bale is on does make me question his arrogance,,,Bale is so so superior in his ability to control a free kick than Kane...

Watch the game again. Watch Kane and his laboured press in the first half where he hardly touched the ball. Now watch the second half and watch his press. Once we got some control of the game he upped his tempo. He is saving his legs in games to ensure he lasts the 90 mins and gets max opportunity for him to score. its like spurs have sold their soul to the devil and can’t do anything else. He is world class but only if he gives 100% every second of every game. He will go elsewhere to a bigger club and give that 100% and people will blame Spurs because he will be trying to prove himself. So another set of fans who haven’t given him a fraction of the love we have will get the real deal.

Watch the game again. Watch Kane and his laboured press in the first half where he hardly touched the ball. Now watch the second half and watch his press. Once we got some control of the game he upped his tempo. He is saving his legs in games to ensure he lasts the 90 mins and gets max opportunity for him to score. its like spurs have sold their soul to the devil and can’t do anything else. He is world class but only if he gives 100% every second of every game. He will go elsewhere to a bigger club and give that 100% and people will blame Spurs because he will be trying to prove himself. So another set of fans who haven’t given him a fraction of the love we have will get the real deal.

I saw this. Kane paced himself, he has to because he knows he needs to play 90 minutes every game. It was noticeable how he increased intensity as the game went on.

Kane has evolved into Messi...in my humble opinion...not really a factor on the pitch unless he gets the ball in a scoring position.

So effectively we are playing with 10 men at ALL other times.

**though to be fair he does a good job defending corners. LOL

Kane has evolved into Messi...in my humble opinion...not really a factor on the pitch unless he gets the ball in a scoring position.

So effectively we are playing with 10 men at ALL other times.

**though to be fair he does a good job defending corners. LOL
lol... yeah he really is something else. Thing is if we're relying on our best goalscorer to defend, what does that say of our defenders?

Okay, I get some of the criticism, but Kane has carried us for large parts of this season, lest you forget. There isn't another club in the top 6 that relies on one player like we do.

Pep said it jokingly a few years back that we were the Harry Kane team. The way things have turned out, I'd like to give him credit for that forecast.

Behave yourselves, lads.

Without allowing nostalgia to cloud judgement...

1. I think he's feeling those ankles from the Scouse match, and will be for awhile. And now, after all this, you can assume at least one of his ankles is "loose", which is perpetual.

2. A player "pacing" himself would likely have as much to do with the remit for the match from the sideline, as it would the player 'knowing himself' and being prudent.

3. No doubt he is considering where he will be playing next season, and no matter what a player says, the realization he's not gonna have the greatest season in history once they hired the "greatest manager in history", well that's a big time bummer for him.

4. Whether he would stick around with a new manager after Jose get canned is still a bit up in the air to me. I don't think it's a given he leaves... But gosh it sure seems likely watching this trash on the pitch.

5. I think expectations of him as a "Leader", by everyone including himself, are just too high. And honestly, this can be a burden. Whomever decided back in the olden days that the Best Player should be the Caption of a team, well that person was a damn fucking idiot. I can think of maybe two times in hundreds that I ran a team on which the Best Player was the Captain. No, I'd rather he/she be free of that, to be able to run about a bit, and not concern themselves with haranguing others and overthinking the stuff... He doesn't wear the "leader" label well, or very naturally at all.

6. This style of play we are seeing accentuates this "one man show" type feeling. It requires a near super-human level of precision, and as we see this weekend, if he's off by just a smidge, well all is pretty much lost. This is the kind of ball you play when you have a team of journeyman Championship players with one Prem level Striker. Its pretty much a joke to see this at Spurs.

Honestly so many mitigating factors this season, it's nearly impossible to draw any fair conclusions, until we later find out what the deal was in the background.

First guy on the team sheet for me tho, until he's dead.

Vinnie is not an answer....he plays against lesser teams in cup gams and does not shine...he is too imature to understand how to play PL as I see it at he moment. He does not hold the ball up and the CB seems to always win the headers. IMO

Vinnie is not an answer....he plays against lesser teams in cup gams and does not shine...he is too imature to understand how to play PL as I see it at he moment. He does not hold the ball up and the CB seems to always win the headers. IMO

Well Jose brought him in. He is the only option we have. So Jose has to suck it up.

We haven't helped his weaning in process. He is either on the bench or dropped from the squad completely most weeks.

He has some tools. Wasn't he top scorer in Portugal last season?

Kane needs a kick up the ass every now and then.

Well Jose brought him in. He is the only option we have. So Jose has to suck it up.

We haven't helped his weaning in process. He is either on the bench or dropped from the squad completely most weeks.

He has some tools. Wasn't he top scorer in Portugal last season?

Kane needs a kick up the ass every now and then.
I think it is most of the team that need a kick up the arse ...Kane playing for half a dozen other teams in the PL would double his goal count based on the last 18 months of spurs mediocrity

Funny ho
Without allowing nostalgia to cloud judgement...

1. I think he's feeling those ankles from the Scouse match, and will be for awhile. And now, after all this, you can assume at least one of his ankles is "loose", which is perpetual.

2. A player "pacing" himself would likely have as much to do with the remit for the match from the sideline, as it would the player 'knowing himself' and being prudent.

3. No doubt he is considering where he will be playing next season, and no matter what a player says, the realization he's not gonna have the greatest season in history once they hired the "greatest manager in history", well that's a big time bummer for him.

4. Whether he would stick around with a new manager after Jose get canned is still a bit up in the air to me. I don't think it's a given he leaves... But gosh it sure seems likely watching this trash on the pitch.

5. I think expectations of him as a "Leader", by everyone including himself, are just too high. And honestly, this can be a burden. Whomever decided back in the olden days that the Best Player should be the Caption of a team, well that person was a damn fucking idiot. I can think of maybe two times in hundreds that I ran a team on which the Best Player was the Captain. No, I'd rather he/she be free of that, to be able to run about a bit, and not concern themselves with haranguing others and overthinking the stuff... He doesn't wear the "leader" label well, or very naturally at all.

6. This style of play we are seeing accentuates this "one man show" type feeling. It requires a near super-human level of precision, and as we see this weekend, if he's off by just a smidge, well all is pretty much lost. This is the kind of ball you play when you have a team of journeyman Championship players with one Prem level Striker. Its pretty much a joke to see this at Spurs.

Honestly so many mitigating factors this season, it's nearly impossible to draw any fair conclusions, until we later find out what the deal was in the background.

First guy on the team sheet for me tho, until he's dead.

Funny how often Harry is the assumed captain/leader, and certainly I think that others look to him for leadership on the pitch. Doesn't say much for Lloris as the actual appointed captain, but that entitlement, if it qualifies as such, should have been taken from him when Poch left. Goalkeepers probably make poorer captains than 'best players'.

I don't agree about his hold-up play. What he needs is game time against PL opposition in order to improve it against tougher CB's. I really like the lad. He is technically very tidy, knows how to bring players around him into play and his anticipation is excellent. If he had been on the pitch for some of the crosses that were coming into the box against Spam, I think he scores at least one. Kane is too static in the box and always seems to cling to the far post.

If Kane does leave this summer and we haven't given Vinicius more PL game time then we are really going to be stuffed. No player acclimatizes to a new country or league with no game time. If Kane is carrying an injury, then why not give that time to him now? It's not like we're raking in the points anyway.