Forest vs Coventry sponsored by ordinance survey | Page 10 | Vital Football

Forest vs Coventry sponsored by ordinance survey

Without commentary, I'd be interested in opinions on the Coventry player chopping at Cafu's shins after he'd made him look stupid, and maybe the same player chopping at Knockaert's shins soon after.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but they both looked yellow cards to me. Ref played advantage and had a word for the first foul, just gave a free kick for the second.

Without commentary, I'd be interested in opinions on the Coventry player chopping at Cafu's shins after he'd made him look stupid, and maybe the same player chopping at Knockaert's shins soon after.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but they both looked yellow cards to me. Ref played advantage and had a word for the first foul, just gave a free kick for the second.

In the PL there is every chance Cafu would have been sent off.

He has a little kick out after the bad challenge, frowned upon these days with VAR.
Fair enough, all I saw on the replay was a kick on his shins well after the ball had gone.

And the ref having a word with their player later.

So presumably if Cafu reacted he'd have sent both of them off.

We might as well forget Freeman. He is on loan for thd season, we are already in February, by the time he gets fit ( in all aspects) , we will be in summer. Hd had the chance tk drop his weight in the past months it is clear that he didn't bother.
So forget about him and use players that are committed and ready to work hard.

We might as well forget Freeman. He is on loan for thd season, we are already in February, by the time he gets fit ( in all aspects) , we will be in summer. Hd had the chance tk drop his weight in the past months it is clear that he didn't bother.
So forget about him and use players that are committed and ready to work hard.

We might struggle to put out 11 players if we only field a team of players who are committee and ready to work hard.

Bournemouth have sacked Tisdale after six Months in charge; who have they got lined up?

The League table is taking on a very strange appearance at the moment: the Top 5 are showing the kind of form required for promotion, and 5 of the bottom 8 are also displaying decent form, but 10 of the 11 teams in between cannot buy a win.

Bournemouth, Stoke, Barnsley, Huddersfield and Cardiff, have no wins in their last 5 games; Middlesbrough, Preston and Millwall have one win in 5 with Bristol City and Luton with 2 wins in 5.

If that kind of form carries on for another 3 to 4 weeks the table will get very congested from 9th or 10th place down.

That is good from the perspective that the more teams fighting it out the better; conversely, it raises the threshold for staying up.

Some seasons, particularly ones were there have been two or three stand out bad sides, 44 points have been sufficient to stay up; that is not the case when there are 6 or 7 teams fighting it out, the threshold then rises to 49 or 50.

It looks like there could be more than 6 or 7 fighting it out this season which could push the required figure up to 52 or 53; that gives no one any leeway whatsoever

He has a little kick out after the bad challenge, frowned upon these days with VAR.

He is becoming a liability.

There was the incident against Barnsley which could very easily have ended up giving them a penalty.

The player broke past him and his first reaction was to stick his arm out to block the player; that was more of a clear cut shout than the first half incident which had their manager spitting feathers.

Bournemouth have sacked Tisdale after six Months in charge; who have they got lined up?

The League table is taking on a very strange appearance at the moment: the Top 5 are showing the kind of form required for promotion, and 5 of the bottom 8 are also displaying decent form, but 10 of the 11 teams in between cannot buy a win.

Bournemouth, Stoke, Barnsley, Huddersfield and Cardiff, have no wins in their last 5 games; Middlesbrough, Preston and Millwall have one win in 5 with Bristol City and Luton with 2 wins in 5.

If that kind of form carries on for another 3 to 4 weeks the table will get very congested from 9th or 10th place down.

That is good from the perspective that the more teams fighting it out the better; conversely, it raises the threshold for staying up.

Some seasons, particularly ones were there have been two or three stand out bad sides, 44 points have been sufficient to stay up; that is not the case when there are 6 or 7 teams fighting it out, the threshold then rises to 49 or 50.

It looks like there could be more than 6 or 7 fighting it out this season which could push the required figure up to 52 or 53; that gives no one any leeway whatsoever
Bournemouth could have put a five point gap to seventh but they lost to bloody Wednesday. Things would be a bit more comfortable for us if they had won, as expected. That took a bit of the shine off last night's victory. I still think we will be fine though.

Bournemouth could have put a five point gap to seventh but they lost to bloody Wednesday. Things would be a bit more comfortable for us if they had won, as expected. That took a bit of the shine off last night's victory. I still think we will be fine though.

I think Wednesday will stay up as will Derby; Wycombe could be cut adrift by the end of the month if they are not careful, and then it starts to get interesting.

Birmingham look in big trouble to me and there will be a team who capitulate after looking fairly safe.

Sometimes teams just get on losing streaks. Take the Boro failure out and league wise we are on a decent run. Need to turn draws in to wins. On the very optimistic side, where were villa in the league at this point in the season when they got promoted in 2019.

Wycombe has an easy game next.

We'd better get something out of that game; we have a, no doubt, resurgent Bournemouth (H) and Swansea (A) after that. Plus there is Direby (A) coming up at the end of the month.

The next game at St Andrews (20 Apr) could be interesting, although I'd hope we would be safe by then. I don't think the pitch will be any better by then; I expect it will be harder, bumpier, worn and sandy.

We'd better get something out of that game; we have a, no doubt, resurgent Bournemouth (H) and Swansea (A) after that. Plus there is Direby (A) coming up at the end of the month.

The next game at St Andrews (20 Apr) could be interesting, although I'd hope we would be safe by then. I don't think the pitch will be any better by then; I expect it will be harder, bumpier, worn and sandy.

They are say. Have you seen March fixtures?