The All New TV Thread | Page 226 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

Depends how you view the series then. As said I think it's 99% ridiculous pap, so fantasy world pretty much.

It is set in the real world mate. It is 99% ridiculous, and cheesy etc (and fine for being that) but I went from enjoying a walk down memory lane (and partly thinking back to the films with clips being shown, as I was fit back then - and that I had tried whilst differently abled to do martial arts and couldn't - I got a bit nostalgic ((not like me)) next minute they are treating disability like a joke. It triggered something that isn't often triggered in me, but disabled are shown ridiculously badly on tv and film)

I should perhaps move all this to the fuck the disabled thread.

Yes, it is fiction, but it is also set in the real world, in modern times and it made me sad that disability is still treated so pathetically.

Maybe you need to walk a mile in my shoes before you could understand? Not because I think you have to be differently abled, I just think my shoes are nicer than yours!!!!!!!!

Happy! on Netflix.

An injured hitman befriends his kidnapped daughter's imaginary friend - a perky blue flying unicorn.

Completely bonkers, but completely brilliant. Love it.

A mate of mine last night got in touch and said have you watched Happy! on Netflix?

I told him, no, no I have not.

But now I am.

Later, I said 'wtf, this is mental'........'and brilliant'.

True story

Bob was on Would I Lie to You last night .:bow:.
I highly recommended watching his best bits on that show to put a smile on your face . Especially Bob describing how he ran a bath for a Chris Rea and put an egg in there for him and Bob adopting a pet owl . :rofl:

Love the fishing programme. Just love it. So simple a concept. Just goes to show that big budget is not necessary all the time.

Oh. And watched the first Happy! this morning before anyone else was up, after reading this thread yesterday. Erm. Wtf. Will defo carry on. I‘m intrigued and I want to see the families face when they see me watching a programme with a cartoon blue unicorn in.

Love this thread as I wouldn’t have entertained watching something like that or even known about as it seemed tucked away on Netflix. :clap:

I highly recommended watching his best bits on that show to put a smile on your face . Especially Bob describing how he ran a bath for a Chris Rea and put an egg in there for him and Bob adopting a pet owl . :rofl:

Love the fishing programme. Just love it. So simple a concept. Just goes to show that big budget is not necessary all the time.

I was only watching that the other night on Youtube, the almost hour long compilation of his Would I Lie To You bits, it's absolutely hilarious.

Steve Bytheway :rofl:

Watched a couple more of Happy! after watching the first and being intrigued.

Nah, not for me. Just found it all a bit irritating after a while.

I watched another 2 episodes last night. I think it's great. Definitely weird but fun. Too many grim TV series these days. Each to their own, eh?

Is a load of kidnapped kids, people having their heads staved in with fire extinguishers and torture not grim then ?
Lol

Watched The Mob in boxing last night it was good and very interesting but it's hardly ground breaking news they have been into it forever and not just professional boxing either.

Watched The Mob in boxing last night it was good and very interesting but it's hardly ground breaking news they have been into it forever and not just professional boxing either.
True but I think it's good it has made the BBC. Ultimately BT Sport, Sky and a number of promoters/ boxers out there need to take a long hard look at themselves.