MATCH DAY THREAD : Manchester City v The Mighty Blades | Page 6 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : Manchester City v The Mighty Blades

Battling performance no damage to goal difference, steady day at the office for MC. Newcastle win Fulham and WBA get a point we move on.

R/dale looked much better, more solid, must be a confidence player- now let's keep a clean sheet Tuesday,all need a good rest and all guns blazing

Man C playing for time at the end. 5% of their quality and we'd be in and amongst it.

Frustrating game, there can't be a better team in the world than Man City at keeping the ball.

We worked hard, kept our shape, stopped them getting behind us - but we don't have the attacking quality to hurt them, 4 games and 4 blanks.

Rammers played well, hopefully he keeps on improving. We move on.

Ramsdale best so far
Too defensive for me, a goal down after 9 mins, surely we had to be more positive, got naff all to lose
Then we show a bit in the last ten minutes, proved we could get at em
Disappointed
But, it will go down that we only lost bye a single goal........ again

Pleasing, really.

We gave them as little as you could possibly imagine in terms of chances.

We again kept a solid shape, like against Man U.

Was always going to be hard to threaten them, and given that we were good defensively (goal aside), I can forgive that.

We had all we could ask for with a chance of a result with 10 mins to go, and Fleck was extremely close there.

If we can be this solid against other teams we'll nick some results and finish the season respectably.

Ramsdale best so far
Too defensive for me, a goal down after 9 mins, surely we had to be more positive, got naff all to lose
Disappointed
Apart from the goal/mistake I reckon that was the game plan- contain until 70 mins and go a bit stronger .after that. You can never afford to go all out against Man C- they would rip us apart

I
Apart from the goal/mistake I reckon that was the game plan- contain until 70 mins and go a bit stronger .after that. You can never afford to go all out against Man C- they would rip us apart
I know what you are saying , and I agree, but, we showed in the last ten minutes, we could at least get in their half, which at times we were content just to clear our lines, which made it inevitable that it would come straight back at us
I honestly believe we are better than that, and would (and should have) have given them a bit more of a game , if we had been a little more positive

Ramsdale best so far
Disappointed
I think had we opened up earlier they would've picked us off and bump bump bump game over,at least our goal difference didn't take a battering.They are superior squad wise to owt in the league as far as i'm concerned and i expect City to win the League this season.UTMPB

I'm more forgiving of us approaching a game against Man City so defensively than I was against Villa, Southampton, Everton, Palace, Burnley - the games and results that will see us relegated.

I

I know what you are saying , and I agree, but, we showed in the last ten minutes, we could at least get in their half, which at times we were content just to clear our lines, which made it inevitable that it would come straight back at us
I honestly believe we are better than that, and would (and should have) have given them a bit more of a game , if we had been a little more positive

It's a mindset that always fails - we made the gulf look much wider than it really was.

However, if we are to be happy with only conceding one goal - then yes, I guess it was ok. Just hope the next time we play them we give them more of a game.

I

Very similar to how we played a lot of games last year but we did have a bit more joy in the opponents' half then.

After what we've done this season, aand after watching Man C against WBA, it would be a very brave man to be having a go.I think that will have built on Wed night and we will be 'at it' much more on Tuesday.