The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 65 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that's the problem. Ollie is the best option up top and i can't see that changing unless he gets injured. but i am concerned we don't have a replacement good enough if that happens. unless Dean thinks Traore or someone else could step in to that role. Do we really wan't or need to spend silly money.

I think a loan for someone would be our best striker option. Wesley won't get in any squads till he's played with the under 23s like Heaton did so its just Ollie and Davis. We desperately need someone else as there's zero chance Davis is going 5/6 months without missing part of it injured.

Loan or a short term deal with a free agent then spend big on competition for Watkins in the summer.

Celtic wont get £40m for Edouard now. Their failings in Europe will see them struggle a bit financially and with Rangers looking nailed on for the title, they will probably be looking to off-load him in the Summer. Couldn't see them getting more than £20-25m for him.
It is so hard to judge someone in the Scottish league though. 12-18 months ago Morelos couldnt stop scoring and was being tipped with a big money move - now he is in and out of the team and Roofe seems to be the main man.

Confident about whoever is coming in now, our last round of spending was spot on, no more like Samatta, Baston, Drinkwater etc

i reckon Davis would have 7 from 15 in the Scottish Pub League . Hard to judge Edouard at all so £40m is ridiculous
I've not seen evidence of Davis scoring at any level, no matter how many times easier the games are. Zero times anything is still zero.

Issue with Edouard's price tag is the risk of it not working out. We know McGinnedine Zidane came from there, but he came for £2.75m - would we have taken that gamble, without the benefit of hindsight, for 10x that?

I've not seen evidence of Davis scoring at any level, no matter how many times easier the games are. Zero times anything is still zero.

Issue with Edouard's price tag is the risk of it not working out. We know McGinnedine Zidane came from there, but he came for £2.75m - would we have taken that gamble, without the benefit of hindsight, for 10x that?
Mcginn was a cheap gamble, this Edouard fellow is expensive if he was 2.75m we'd take a punt. Not the price quoted though he'd have to be straight in replacing Ollie.

Celtic wont get £40m for Edouard now. Their failings in Europe will see them struggle a bit financially and with Rangers looking nailed on for the title, they will probably be looking to off-load him in the Summer. Couldn't see them getting more than £20-25m for him.
It is so hard to judge someone in the Scottish league though. 12-18 months ago Morelos couldnt stop scoring and was being tipped with a big money move - now he is in and out of the team and Roofe seems to be the main man.
Yes when Kemar Roofe looks like Romario in that league it really shows you how bad a level it is.

Scott Sinclair was banging them in left right and centre at one point as well. It's a terrible level and whilst there's value there (e.g. McGinn, Van Dijk) I think that quickly dissipates when you start paying towards £30m+.

Yes when Kemar Roofe looks like Romario in that league it really shows you how bad a level it is.

Scott Sinclair was banging them in left right and centre at one point as well. It's a terrible level and whilst there's value there (e.g. McGinn, Van Dijk) I think that quickly dissipates when you start paying towards £30m+.

I think I read Hamilton Accies players are on about a grand a week, I mean what kind of level player do you get for that, National League?

I used to go and watch Queen's Park when I lived up on Glasgow. Around 240 fans there every game. Never once won the bloody raffle.

I used to go and watch Queen's Park when I lived up on Glasgow. Around 240 fans there every game. Never once won the bloody raffle.

Didnt they used to play at Hampden Park as well? 250 people inside a 60,000 stadium is madness. You could have had a kick around on the terrace at half time

Didnt they used to play at Hampden Park as well? 250 people inside a 60,000 stadium is madness. You could have had a kick around on the terrace at half time

That's right. All very strange. It was mid-late 90s when they were rebuilding parts of it. You could actually probably have watched the game without paying, as one of the main stands was not there. Still have a bit of a soft spot for them.

If you take out Celtic and Rangers the average attendance in the SPL is around 8,000 which is on a par with league 1 (based on the last full season with fans). A few exceptions of course but I wouldn’t be particularly looking at the SPL for players to take us to the next level unless it’s a low risk gamble as the overall standard is just too low

Status
Not open for further replies.