Here we go! | Page 110 | Vital Football

Here we go!

Can London do what it wants as well? It heavily subsidises the rest of the country, is strongly remain, and hasn't got the government it wants.
Would be good news for you because it would increase the proportion of Conservative MPs in England.

You took the words out of my mouth. London independence was suggested as a joke during the referendum but could easily see Londoners jump on the idea.

Personally im all for london breaking away.

Shouldn't 'Are you thick' have a question mark?

Just asking, as my ironyometer just beeped.

Was a rhetorical question. I just think its so petty crowing we are better than europe cos we started vaccines first by a few weeks.

I guess tories are fucking desperate to distract people from.the general situation. Thank god for covid i say otherwise people would be focussing on what a massive piss take brexit really is.

Was a rhetorical question. I just think its so petty crowing we are better than europe cos we started vaccines first by a few weeks.

I guess tories are fucking desperate to distract people from.the general situation. Thank god for covid i say otherwise people would be focussing on what a massive piss take brexit really is.

Similar pettiness to comparing Germany with the UK regarding the quantity of testing and PPE at the start I assume.

Not really, because: Exercise Cygnus, years of underfunding the health service, PPE contracts for chums, test and trace fiasco, app fiasco.............

What is OK...
'Our testing is shit, look at Germany FFS theirs is fantastic'

What isn't OK...
'Our vaccine procurement has been fantastic, look how shit other European countries are'

Just trying to understand the rules, don't judge me.

What is OK...
'Our testing is shit, look at Germany FFS theirs is fantastic'

What isn't OK...
'Our vaccine procurement has been fantastic, look how shit other European countries are'

Just trying to understand the rules, don't judge me.

Yup you have understood the rules. Bonus point if you can explain why that should be so.

Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales can do what they want. Scotland did of course sign up for a "once in a generation referendum". Wales voted to leave the EU anyway. The other two are heavily subsidised by England. Would increase the Tory majority by another 50 or so seats if Scotland left too. BJ won't give Scotland a vote for a few years, by which time things will have settled down anyway.
Check your facts Lienk.... Scotland is not being subsidised by England . Enough taxes are collected from Scotland to make if successful. Smaller and less resourceful countries are managing fine without the subsidies from England... I don't know if you are just repeating what you have been 'fed' or by manipulating figures...

Can London do what it wants as well? It heavily subsidises the rest of the country, is strongly remain, and hasn't got the government it wants.
Would be good news for you because it would increase the proportion of Conservative MPs in England.

Scotland, Wales and N Ireland are separate countries. Even if London went, you are assuming it "subsidises" the country. Could be rather different if the "London" country lost 50 million inhabitants. Rather a lot of "what ifs " in any of those scenarios.

Yup you have understood the rules. Bonus point if you can explain why that should be so.

Brexit Derangement Syndrome?

This is known to attack some people's cerebral cortex, which manifests itself in eccentric ways, some patients have been observed to developed a curious and sudden hatred of their own country similar to that witnessed in patients suffering from Oikophobia.

Am I correct?

Scotlands deficit was higher than the rest of the UK put together. I believe the EU allows a 3% loss, so they couldn't join the EU either without massive cuts.

Scotland’s notional deficit stood at £12.6bn or 7% of GDP, including North Sea oil revenues, compared with the UK’s total £23.5bn deficit, which includes Scotland’s figure. The UK deficit is equivalent to 1.1% of its GDP.

Total state spending in Scotland was £1,661 higher per person than the UK average at £75.3bn, while tax receipts were £307 less per head than the UK average, at £62.7bn. Excluding oil revenues, the deficit exceeded £14bn, equal to 22.5% of tax revenues.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...8-deficit-higher-than-uk-as-a-whole-last-year

Last edited:
Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales can do what they want. Scotland did of course sign up for a "once in a generation referendum". Wales voted to leave the EU anyway. The other two are heavily subsidised by England. Would increase the Tory majority by another 50 or so seats if Scotland left too. BJ won't give Scotland a vote for a few years, by which time things will have settled down anyway.
And since when Scotland became an English colony? ...

Check your facts Lienk.... Scotland is not being subsidised by England . Enough taxes are collected from Scotland to make if successful. Smaller and less resourceful countries are managing fine without the subsidies from England... I don't know if you are just repeating what you have been 'fed' or by manipulating figures...

Scotland contributes 8% of UK tax, and receives more than 9% of UK spending.

Scotland receives more from Westminster than it contributes, ergo Scotland is subsidised.

Duty free won't be cheaper than the local plonk I imbibe when there; it's a perk for people buying at airports, terminals and the like.
As for the sports, I don't pay for them here, lol.
I do pay for NordVPN which, if I wanted to watch them, would work fine.

When was the last time you used Nord VPN in the EU.

There you go

The break up of Great Britain
All that history
All those deaths
All those wars

Northern Ireland next

Who could have seen that The Tories ( with the help of the Lib Dems ) and leave voters would consign Britain to a death

Literally anyone with common sense

https://www.scotsman.com/news/polit...h-31-independence-referendum-deadline-3091364
If the UK can leave the EU I don't see why the Scots can't leave the UK. Their leaders do seem to be consistently superior to the English leaders.