NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 376 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day counts in our current predicament. I just hope Frampton gets it because, despite my scepticism, his party feel like the only credible option left on the table if Royle and Ranson have truly walked away. All the others mentioned like this South African fella appear to be the typical hangers-on looking for a cheap deal that usually swirl around a dying club in its last days of administration.

It's a funny twist of fate that Frampton appears to be emerging as a front runner and one of the more credible and popular candidate after he was previously so ridiculed by a portion of our fan base. Interesting to see how it plays out.

If given a choice, I wouldn't want him either Moonay. But If I recall, his plan was to stabilise us with an aim to getting us in the championship, then sell it on at a profit.

As for being an asset stripper, I'm not really sure what he could strip, as both the stadium and CP would prove difficult, if not impossible, to sell given the covenants etc.

My point being: the Frampton scenario is the best option as it cuts out the middleman, ( Smurthwaite), but failing that, he might not be a bad shout, should there be no other viable option.

I'll be honest, given his history at Port Vale, I think I'd rather the SC/council/local business/sell the stadium to Lenegan option be the last resort.

Res asset stripping, that's simple ........ the youngsters.

And niether can you, you green eyed moron, you have got your bite now do what you usually do and go running to the fear to report me.

Why would you think I want to report you ? Let's get one thing streight I am not jealous of anything that you may or may not know but just tell us what you have actually told us on here that hasn't been on twitter you said we would be happy with the buyer but never told us who it was. Your now claiming to know more than Nixon well if this is so please tell everyone what you know and stop getting people's Hope's up without saying anything.
On last weeks podcast the panel asked for people to stop spreading roumors and that's what you are doing.

Zakky, you’ll be aware lmb and myself rarely agree on matters. I’ve not seen the twitter exchange so can’t comment on the standards of the posts, however to label him a fantasist in regards the information he is supplying is simply incorrect. People can’t complain they aren’t ‘itk’ and then complain about those that are more sighted on such matters being generous in taking the trouble to appraise the rest of us.

If Stormin Norman had come on and made all these claims people would have just laughed it off so why do you find LMB any more credible he has a long history on here of winding people up

It's a funny twist of fate that Frampton appears to be emerging as a front runner and one of the more credible and popular candidate after he was previously so ridiculed by a portion of our fan base. Interesting to see how it plays out.

I think it speaks more of desperation from the fanbase than credibility and popularism.

You are right though, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

If Stormin Norman had come on and made all these claims people would have just laughed it off so why do you find LMB any more credible he has a long history on here of winding people up

He isn’t winding anyone up in regards this, nor can I see why you would think he would. Having corresponded with him via pm last month then I can guess at the provenance of his information and so have little doubt it is genuine. At the end of the day who you choose who to believe is upto you.

You would imagine today would be the day if a bid was accepted (if the admins accept bids based on deposit being put down) I would hope with today being a Monday that the transaction of deposit and been received.

Zakky, you’ll be aware lmb and myself rarely agree on matters. I’ve not seen the twitter exchange so can’t comment on the standards of the posts, however to label him a fantasist in regards the information he is supplying is simply incorrect. People can’t complain they aren’t ‘itk’ and then complain about those that are more sighted on such matters being generous in taking the trouble to appraise the rest of us.

MIW let's get to the crux of this, zakky is a sad old man who spends his time every morning scanning twitter, latics pages and other social media sites then posts them on here as though he has come up with an original story, I asked him once does he ever have an opinion of his own and reveived a tirade in reply and he has never missed an opportunity since then to have a dig back, I have no problem with that, you have to be able to take flack if you dish it out.

However on this occassion the old dear cannot accept that someone actually is getting information that is not readily available on twitter or anywhere else, information that is passed on from friends and close contacts, this concept is alien to him because of the likelihood he has neither.

Last edited:
Is anything likely to happen today
You would imagine today would be the day if a bid was accepted (if the admins accept bids based on deposit being put down) I would hope with today being a Monday that the transaction of deposit and been received.

I guess it all depends on how much access the bidder previously got to any detailed info. I'm not sure what specifically the Admins have said grants access to the "data room", but I suppose the "due diligence" the Admins referenced in their statement is probably a two-way thing, and will take a little time to complete. (A couple of days or so?).

Then of course, we'd have to consider the location of the bidder. If (as some have speculated) they're far-east based, then I know from personal experience that the time difference doesn't help when swift, regular communications are required.

I know it won't be easy, but we don't really have any option but to be patient, and remain hopeful. The Admins have clearly indicated that something is happening ............ so let's remain positive.

However on this occassion the old dear cannot accept that someone actually is getting information that is not readily available on twitter or anywhere else, information that is passed on from friends and close contacts, this concept is alien to him because of the likelihood he has neither.

I'm not sure that this is helpful LMB. You may feel justified in posting it, but it wasn't really necessary.

MIW let's get to the crux of this, zakky is a sad old man who spends his time every morning scanning twitter, latics pages and other social media sites then posts them on here as though he has come up with an original story, I asked him once does he ever have an opinion of his own and reveived a tirade in reply and he has never missed an opportunity since then to have a dig back, I have no problem with that, you have to be able to take flack if you dish it out.

You really do crack me up with your replies, twice now you've challenged me to report you to Fear what's that about ? As far as age is concerned yes I am 70 and time catches up with us all, so I'm not sure of the relevance of that. If you have things to share with us all that's fine share it if the people who told you these things asked you not to share it why have you come on telling half a story

PS

Regarding things I post on here Yes some are from other sites but this is to benefit anyone on here who hasn't seen of read these things so really I'm just trying to be helpful to people on here as everyone is not local.

Last edited:

I think that’s partly down to the total lack of alternatives at this stage, and the general fatigue in the fanbase after 6 months of endless misery showing no sign of ending.

Frampton was being ridiculed because he spoke some rubbish about extending the stadium and adding a roof and investing in all sorts to do with our town. However, I'd hope that a lot of that was just a misjudged attempt at trying to impress and that since then, he's looked at the situation and realised that we we need is someone to just steady the ship, begin to build back up everything that is good about the club, bring in some signings who will hopefully keep us up, finance the excellent academy etc. We just need to try to stay up this season, then go from a more solid base next season

Frampton was being ridiculed because he spoke some rubbish about extending the stadium and adding a roof and investing in all sorts to do with our town. However, I'd hope that a lot of that was just a misjudged attempt at trying to impress and that since then, he's looked at the situation and realised that we we need is someone to just steady the ship, begin to build back up everything that is good about the club, bring in some signings who will hopefully keep us up, finance the excellent academy etc. We just need to try to stay up this season, then go from a more solid base next season

Frampton was excited by their bid and possibility of owning his home town football club and may not have got across what he meant.

The stuff about the roof on the stadium and investment in the town was all about generating income to help fund the future running of WAFC, as unless you are a multi millionaire with money to burn it is impossible even then not sustainable, the roof on the stadium was about turning g the stadium into a 24/7 venue that generates far more than its yearly costs.

Again investment in the town was about generating income while creating something worthwhile tha benefits all of the inhabitants.

These were all thinking on his feet whist being interviewed and nothing was firm or fixed in stone, he did not deserve the ridicule he received, for me he is a Wigan lad and has more affinity with any American or Spanish bidder, even one from Bolton.

I honestly think both him and his backers will be good for us and hope others may give him the benefit of doubt and it was the reason I stated over a week ago when he came back in the picture that some, not all, would be pleased.

Frampton was excited by their bid and possibility of owning his home town football club and may not have got across what he meant.

The stuff about the roof on the stadium and investment in the town was all about generating income to help fund the future running of WAFC, as unless you are a multi millionaire with money to burn it is impossible even then not sustainable, the roof on the stadium was about turning g the stadium into a 24/7 venue that generates far more than its yearly costs.

Again investment in the town was about generating income while creating something worthwhile tha benefits all of the inhabitants.

These were all thinking on his feet whist being interviewed and nothing was firm or fixed in stone, he did not deserve the ridicule he received, for me he is a Wigan lad and has more affinity with any American or Spanish bidder, even one from Bolton.

I honestly think both him and his backers will be good for us and hope others may give him the benefit of doubt and it was the reason I stated over a week ago when he came back in the picture that some, not all, would be pleased.

Hi LMB, sorry for asking a daft question, but I take it based on what you have just posted that it's Frampton and not Smurthwaite that you have been referring to re: a bid for the club?

Hi LMB, sorry for asking a daft question, but I take it based on what you have just posted that it's Frampton and not Smurthwaite that you have been referring to re: a bid for the club?

Despite what a goon on here keeps saying I have maintained my position all along, I will post what I can when I can, I will let those that have more involvement post the details when they are ready to do so, I am sorry if this is not enough but it is all I can offer.

Despite what a goon on here keeps saying I have maintained my position all along, I will post what I can when I can, I will let those that have more involvement post the details when they are ready to do so, I am sorry if this is not enough but it is all I can offer.

Thanks LMB - appreciate the reply given the position that you are in not being able too say much.

Just noted on Twitter that Paul Kendrick has responded to a question ( are you hearing anything regarding the takeover ), on Twitter just now to say:

Frampton bid still very much in pole position, all questions answered so far, including proof of funds...

Kendrick was then asked another question (How long until deposit you reckon? few more bits ironed out then ready to go?)

And his reply was - few things to be ironed out first...but deposit not a problem if/when get there...

Kendrick has now just posted when asked a question about Due Dilligence:

Plenty has changed since their initial bid/interest. Just going over the info again, be daft if they didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.