Our future owners | Page 8 | Vital Football

Our future owners

It was a genuine question ........ hence no winky face.

If you heard it, but didn't believe it, then I suppose fair enough. However, you didn't make reference to any of it, and questioned me why I took a positive message.

Re Portsmouth, Caroline said they were in a different position, with land to sell. She's obviously had quite a few talks with them, and was able to distinguish between what they can take from Portsmouth's actions, and what's beyond us.
EFL ...... I guess that's your prerogative.
New Buyer .........they could certainly sound more cautious.

I agree re not knowing much more than we knew at the start, which is why I focused on the message........... which even after your "challenge", I still think was very positive.

(y)

I made plenty of reference to the podcast on my first post this morning - was I supposed to repeat myself to your post? If you get the positive message fair enough, others that don't aren't necessarily 'downbeat' as you say.

EFL..... leopard and its spots...

Where was my 'challenge' ??

The only real optimism, if you can call it that, is that the SC have a plan Z.
Although JJ seemed a little more guarded than Caroline, who said it was all in place whereas JJ seemed to indicate that the money was there in principle but not yet until it actually came down to it.
It will all be a mad dash to beg money from local businesses to save the club. I have been told back in September that the Council were sorting out a £5m loan to help the last ditch effort, but I don't know any payback details etc

I'm just calling it as I heard it Kenny ......... but ta for that added reason for optimism.
;)

I'm just calling it as I heard it Kenny ......... but ta for that added reason for optimism.
;)
Me too, I'm not saying you are wrong. Just giving my interpretation of it.

IF, and its a big IF, the EFL do come up with some sort of assistance plan like Caroline indicated then that is also a cause for some optimism.
Although if they did this then there would certainly be some pretty stringent conditions or even penalties.

I made plenty of reference to the podcast on my first post this morning - was I supposed to repeat myself to your post? If you get the positive message fair enough, others that don't aren't necessarily 'downbeat' as you say.

EFL..... leopard and its spots...

Where was my 'challenge' ??

No, of course you don't need to repeat stuff Jock ....... but your first post (whilst referencing some of the points) didn't really reflect the version I heard....... that's all.

If you don't think that those who didn't get a positive message from the podcast (ie you) aren't downbeat ......... then how would you describe them/yourself? I don't mean it as an insult ........ just simply trying to portray their (your?) mood from reading the posts on here.

EFL ........ I was surprised too ......... but I've never spoken to them ....... they have ...... so I have to take their word.

To many people sitting on the fence with this. It’s WIGAN ATHLECTIC. we are talking about. Not some pub football team. Or a darts team. If any one know any proper information. Get it out there. All this. From the supporters club can’t say. This and that. Soon be to late. And we will do the same as Wigan. Borough. Fail to compete a season.

You tickle me at times John. If someone comes up with unsubstantiated rumours, you tend to rubbish them. (Remember Frampton?)

Now you seem to be screaming out for those rumours.

Those with "proper information", like it not, are often bound by rules. The Admins have told us that they're (as of yesterday) in discussions with 3 parties. You can't expect a running commentary.

I understand the frustration - especially from someone with such a long history with the club as yourself - but unfortunately, we've got to let the process play out.

Did you listen to the podcast? I know others think different, but I reckon we'll be reet. I may of course be wrong .......... but there's bugger all point in worrying myself to death in the meantime.

Take care Sir.

What's the point of only paying £1.5 m for the club and accepting relegation and spending another £1.5 m trying to get promotion? Why not just spend £3 m and stay in this division, which shouldn't be too difficult given the shite in this league. Any one of the possible investors taking relegation has zero interest in our fortunes and is just after the ground.

Get what your saying in ur post KDZ but by fuck it's a depressing one, one that smacks of nothing but gloom & doom on the horizon for us. Getting all bitter& twisted again with your quite correct last paragraph 😡😡😡😡

We are already in the doom and gloom but i think we have a really good chance to be bought and survive. Unlike every other club that went bust we have 800k and no debts once a sale is completed so if anyone wants to buy a club we are a decent bet.

It's easy to be bitter and depressed knowing about 8 months ago we had such a great side and how badly handled this has been on so many levels but i heard it said 'if you live in the past you die every day' and that is kind of where i am at with it. As shit as it was it is gone and we can't dwell on it.

What's the point of only paying £1.5 m for the club and accepting relegation and spending another £1.5 m trying to get promotion? Why not just spend £3 m and stay in this division, which shouldn't be too difficult given the shite in this league. Any one of the possible investors taking relegation has zero interest in our fortunes and is just after the ground.

The lack of quality in the squad and the lack of a transfer window once the deal is done is the issue.

I would personally email every poster on here privately before sharing one jot of information with you.

Just to let you know that unlike the rubbish you post everything I have said/claimed is as close to the actual thing that has taken place without going into, or even knowing the full blown details.
I do not want to drag moonay into this but ask him how accurate I am.

Ps. I also fully acknowledge that I know only a very small part of what is going on as the contacts that tell me stuff don't reveal to me the full details, also I know I am being used to get some info out in the open from some who cannot.

Strange I thought you had blocked me :lol:

Is this the same Ganaye and Co who wouldn't buy the stadium as part of the deal?

There was about 4 or 5 offers from Ganaye and the Americans. The one i am talking about was when admin wanted something like 5m for the Stadium both training grounds and the club and the American's agreed to pay it on the provision there was no more player sales. But proceeded to immediately sell 3 players worth about 2.5m (Lowe, Kipre and Windass) but the price remained unchanged. If i remember correctly on Jay Whittles podcast Kranser confirmed the American's made this request but Admin proceeded with the player sales anyway.

There was about 4 or 5 offers from Ganaye and the Americans. The one i am talking about was when admin wanted something like 5m for the Stadium both training grounds and the club and the American's agreed to pay it on the provision there was no more player sales. But proceeded to immediately sell 3 players worth about 2.5m (Lowe, Kipre and Windass) but the price remained unchanged. If i remember correctly on Jay Whittles podcast Kranser confirmed the American's made this request but Admin proceeded with the player sales anyway.

Ever since that farce I knew these admins were more parasitic than first thought. The way the treat potential bidders and buyers is one of the big reasons we are still where we are.

Question about the potential 15 points deduction - would it still count this season if we go down anyway or be carried into L2? Anyone know for sure?

Ever since that farce I knew these admins were more parasitic than first thought. The way the treat potential bidders and buyers is one of the big reasons we are still where we are.

At the beginning of the process i thought the situation was terrible but admin were neither good nor bad - just doing a horrible job and maybe getting unfairly criticised for making horrible but necessary decisions.

I have since completely changed my mind and feel very naïve in hindsight.

No, of course you don't need to repeat stuff Jock ....... but your first post (whilst referencing some of the points) didn't really reflect the version I heard....... that's all.

If you don't think that those who didn't get a positive message from the podcast (ie you) aren't downbeat ......... then how would you describe them/yourself? I don't mean it as an insult ........ just simply trying to portray their (your?) mood from reading the posts on here.

EFL ........ I was surprised too ......... but I've never spoken to them ....... they have ...... so I have to take their word.

Re your 1st point....'my first post didn't really reflect the version you'd heard' - each to their own. LMB replied to my post saying he thot what I posted was spot on. MiW also posted a similar post to mine along the lines of how the podcast was perceived by him.
Re your 2nd point...' then how wud u describe them / yourself' - can't speak for others but I'd say I'm still in the dark as to where we are as a club as I was prior to the podcast & disappointed / frustrated that there wasn't more information considering how the podcast was billed. Next time I will restrain my expectations and hopes 😉

The is a date where it passes on to next season. If we went down. I think it is in march

I thought it could be something along those lines, thanks for clarifying.

Whoever is thinking about coming in they better get this decision made quick as knowing how long this fiasco has taken if someone had an offer accepted tomorrow it may not get finalised until after that date in March!

Re your 1st point....'my first post didn't really reflect the version you'd heard' - each to their own. LMB replied to my post saying he thot what I posted was spot on. MiW also posted a similar post to mine along the lines of how the podcast was perceived by him.
Re your 2nd point...' then how wud u describe them / yourself' - can't speak for others but I'd say I'm still in the dark as to where we are as a club as I was prior to the podcast & disappointed / frustrated that there wasn't more information considering how the podcast was billed. Next time I will restrain my expectations and hopes 😉

Jock, in my opinion your account of the podcast was absolutely spot on and I agreed entirely with every point you made.

Jock, we all see things differently. The only reason I mention those things is because you asked if I wanted you to repeat stuff. If MiW and LMB heard it the same way, then great. It seems me & Arthur were more on the same page re the positivity.

When I read your summary, I did actually agree with the insinuation that it was overly long and not particularly revealing ............ but I don't mind the first, and didn't really expect the second.

"Still in the dark" and "frustrated" sound fairly downbeat to me ........ if you're not, then of course, I take it back, as I don't mean anything nasty by it in the first place.

Let's hope for some good news some time soon.
:cheers: