Our future owners | Page 9 | Vital Football

Our future owners

There was about 4 or 5 offers from Ganaye and the Americans. The one i am talking about was when admin wanted something like 5m for the Stadium both training grounds and the club and the American's agreed to pay it on the provision there was no more player sales. But proceeded to immediately sell 3 players worth about 2.5m (Lowe, Kipre and Windass) but the price remained unchanged. If i remember correctly on Jay Whittles podcast Kranser confirmed the American's made this request but Admin proceeded with the player sales anyway.

Why sell them? Simples, sell on fees. Don’t forget these arseholes persuaded our then ‘new owner’ to put us into admin. As we said at the start, and confirmed by JJ, the ‘new owner’ could have made more by selling playing assets during the summer. All about making money at our expense for these parasites throughout the process.

Me too, I'm not saying you are wrong. Just giving my interpretation of it.

IF, and its a big IF, the EFL do come up with some sort of assistance plan like Caroline indicated then that is also a cause for some optimism.
Although if they did this then there would certainly be some pretty stringent conditions or even penalties.

The EFL must share some of the responsibility for putting us in this predicament, along with the previous board and the current administrators (leaving out the Triad gangsters!). As such, I reckon we deserve some favours.

The EFL must share some of the responsibility for putting us in this predicament, along with the previous board and the current administrators (leaving out the Triad gangsters!). As such, I reckon we deserve some favours.

Has anyone else made the connection between the newly appointed EFL chief executive whose is the very same Administrator at Portsmouth that the Podcast spoke very highly of last night and the fact that he was brought up in nearby Ormskirk and most likely have local connections to our club.
Is this why there was so much positivity about the EFL on the podcast?

Re your 1st point....'my first post didn't really reflect the version you'd heard' - each to their own. LMB replied to my post saying he thot what I posted was spot on. MiW also posted a similar post to mine along the lines of how the podcast was perceived by him.
Re your 2nd point...' then how wud u describe them / yourself' - can't speak for others but I'd say I'm still in the dark as to where we are as a club as I was prior to the podcast & disappointed / frustrated that there wasn't more information considering how the podcast was billed. Next time I will restrain my expectations and hopes 😉

I actually said it was "pretty much spot on" and I think MIW's post was more like mine than yours, both our posts expressed we were expecting more than what was delivered.

One thing in the post you quoted me as saying was spot on, I did not see the negativity you have posted since, I did not come away from listening with the same despair you seem to have, as moonay correctly says though we can all listen to the same thing and interpret it differently.

Jock I am not having a pop at you and certainly not supporting everything moonay is saying, just explaining my point where i differ ever so slightly with you.

Last edited:
Has anyone else made the connection between the newly appointed EFL chief executive whose is the very same Administrator at Portsmouth that the Podcast spoke very highly of last night and the fact that he was brought up in nearby Ormskirk and most likely have local connections to our club.
Is this why there was so much positivity about the EFL on the podcast?

Quite possibly sid put I do know that Lisa Nandy has been talking to Rick Parry on a regular almost daily basis.

The only real optimism, if you can call it that, is that the SC have a plan Z.
Although JJ seemed a little more guarded than Caroline, who said it was all in place whereas JJ seemed to indicate that the money was there in principle but not yet until it actually came down to it.
It will all be a mad dash to beg money from local businesses to save the club. I have been told back in September that the Council were sorting out a £5m loan to help the last ditch effort, but I don't know any payback details etc
Can’t see how the Council could possibly justify providing a loan of £5m in the current climate. Spending taxpayers’ money on a football club with the risks involved?? Unless you have a completely red chamber I can’t see how you would get it through Full Council! Oh and the Council Leader is a Latics fan as well - no conflict of interest there then!

There was about 4 or 5 offers from Ganaye and the Americans. The one i am talking about was when admin wanted something like 5m for the Stadium both training grounds and the club and the American's agreed to pay it on the provision there was no more player sales. But proceeded to immediately sell 3 players worth about 2.5m (Lowe, Kipre and Windass) but the price remained unchanged. If i remember correctly on Jay Whittles podcast Kranser confirmed the American's made this request but Admin proceeded with the player sales anyway.

And what offers did they ever front up with any money. As much as I despise Krasner & co, if they have a club offering money instantly for a player and a possible interested party saying they’ll make a formal bid soon if they don’t sell any players then they have to go with the party offering the money
Had Ganaye and co put down the deposit being asked for and agreed to cover costs then they could have stopped it

Last edited:
nah I would rather see you making a fool of yourself like everyone else can.

What an idiot you are, as your name suggests a loud mouth.You come on here after months away spouting your tales from fantasy Island and even admit your being used what an idiot.
Think I'll do what the panel advised and refuse to listen to your rubbish.
I'm too long in the tooth to let your petty insults worry me so dont waste your time, go play with your elite fans.

What an idiot you are, as your name suggests a loud mouth.You come on here after months away spouting your tales from fantasy Island and even admit your being used what an idiot.
Think I'll do what the panel advised and refuse to listen to your rubbish.
I'm too long in the tooth to let your petty insults worry me so dont waste your time, go play with your elite fans.

oh dear !

Can’t see many posting about. Frampton tonight.
Well actually John, I've heard that when he lived in Aus, he lived next door to Craig Johnston's mum and dad, and therefore knew Craig reasonably well. Craig turned 60 last year, but still looks after himself, and (after his success with Predator) he's come up with a new pair of boots that cushion his muscles from all the running. He reckons he can still do about 60 or 70 mins in a game, so Frampton is thinking of getting him in on a short term contract till the end of the season. I think he's trying to get him to bring Mark Viduca too ........ but he now plays in goals, .............. less trouble from his verucas.

I believe the jury's still out on whether it's going to be Fosters, 4X, Tooheys or gnat piss on the concourse.

:whist:

Well actually John, I've heard that when he lived in Aus, he lived next door to Craig Johnston's mum and dad, and therefore knew Craig reasonably well. Craig turned 60 last year, but still looks after himself, and (after his success with Predator) he's come up with a new pair of boots that cushion his muscles from all the running. He reckons he can still do about 60 or 70 mins in a game, so Frampton is thinking of getting him in on a short term contract till the end of the season. I think he's trying to get him to bring Mark Viduca too ........ but he now plays in goals, .............. less trouble from his verucas.

I believe the jury's still out on whether it's going to be Fosters, 4X, Tooheys or gnat piss on the concourse.

:whist:

So Mark Viduca only plays in goals does he --- got to be an improvement on that clown that we have in goals.

😈😉

Why the previous board? if you listen to the podcast JJ confirmed they could do nothing about it and had voiced concerns but the owners wanted the path to PL and then decided that it wasn't happening quick enough and "sold" us to a charlatan who put us into admin

Can’t see how the Council could possibly justify providing a loan of £5m in the current climate. Spending taxpayers’ money on a football club with the risks involved?? Unless you have a completely red chamber I can’t see how you would get it through Full Council! Oh and the Council Leader is a Latics fan as well - no conflict of interest there then!
Well, if it was being offered then they must have a way of doing it.
The Council have contingencies which can be and are used for loans

Well, if it was being offered then they must have a way of doing it.
The Council have contingencies which can be and are used for loans
Yes but councils will only provide a loan for a solid investment which is guaranteed to provide a return for taxpayers. What has happened to us shows the volatility of football finances and how we are no way a safe bet.

Yes but councils will only provide a loan for a solid investment which is guaranteed to provide a return for taxpayers. What has happened to us shows the volatility of football finances and how we are no way a safe bet.
Maybe the council could offer a loan for a stake in the stadium

Maybe the council could offer a loan for a stake in the stadium
That would be the most likely way round it as the Council could buy the stadium and lease it out to the club and the rugby therefore securing a regular income stream and guaranteed return

That would be the most likely way round it as the Council could buy the stadium and lease it out to the club and the rugby therefore securing a regular income stream and guaranteed return
Which would be fair has long as both were treated equally and no one person claiming its their stadium would be the council that owned it i could go along with that

I assume that most of the debt owed would be related to the stadium as it has previously been said that the football creditors have been covered.

If that is correct then a sale of the Stadium to the council would not be a bad idea. They could pay enough to settle the outstanding creditors and thus avoid us getting the 15 point penalty.

The club could then be sold for a peppercorn amount with the buyer either buying the lease for Christopher park or even the council taking the lease and renting the facility back to them.

The sales of Euxton and Sharpy's could then cover admin costs.