Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1084 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Watching the Everton West Ham game and I think we were right not to sign Benrahma. Whenever the ball goes near him West Ham's attack breaks down. I wouldn't be surprised to see him subbed at half time.

My take on Benrahma is that he’s a great player against defenders who aren’t on his toes and he can play in a bit of space. But in this league, the defender is on you after you’re first touch, and he doesn’t seem the sort of enjoy rolling players off his shoulder which was Jota’s problem

I never understood that second season transfer window. He had a limited budget and instead on bringing in a few better players that would have improved us he went all supermarket sweep again. It says a great deal that the 3 best signings he made in his final 18 months were Kozak who got injured after a half decent start, Steer who worked out years later and Bacuna.
It’s shocking when you think about the amount of players signed who were so far off the required standard during the lambert years. Bowery, Tonev, Helenius, Luna, Sylla, Dawkins, Crespo, goodness knows who else.. it’s one thing to make a signing which doesn’t come off but those guys were just never going to be good enough it’s a surprise they even made our radar at all let alone actually signed for us

It’s shocking when you think about the amount of players signed who were so far off the required standard during the lambert years. Bowery, Tonev, Helenius, Luna, Sylla, Dawkins, Crespo, goodness knows who else.. it’s one thing to make a signing which doesn’t come off but those guys were just never going to be good enough it’s a surprise they even made our radar at all let alone actually signed for us

I think Crespo was a Sherwood/Paddy Reily signing but you're right. His 2 best signings Benteke and Vlaar weren't even scouted by him but by McLeish. Honestly reckon lambert is the worst manager I've seen at Villa Park in my time. Garde and Di Matteo did worse results wise obviously but had the good grace not to stick around long.

I just had to Google crespo. I don't remember him at all. Speaks volumes, I suppose.

I did as well which is fitting as I'd not heard of him before we signed him and not heard anything about him since he left. One to file alongside Najwan Ghrayib, Berson, Routledge, Beye, Drobny Dawkins.

I did as well which is fitting as I'd not heard of him before we signed him and not heard anything about him since he left. One to file alongside Najwan Ghrayib, Berson, Routledge, Beye, Drobny Dawkins.
Who tragically died in a skiing accident a few years ago.

Who tragically died in a skiing accident a few years ago.

How awful. I don't think he ever played a game for us but I remember seeing an interview with him towards the end of the season he was with us saying that by simply being at an English club had created lots of Intrest in him around Europe and he was getting loads of offers at higher wages than he was on at whoever we'd loaned him from.

How awful. I don't think he ever played a game for us but I remember seeing an interview with him towards the end of the season he was with us saying that by simply being at an English club had created lots of Intrest in him around Europe and he was getting loads of offers at higher wages than he was on at whoever we'd loaned him from.
Yeah sad. His career certainly went by the wayside after us. He was considered a prospect when we signed him.