Jan Transfer Window | Page 8 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

There has to be some real dodgy shit going on with our transfer policy

When you sign players like Nicholas Loannou who it was obvious would not do well in this league and then they are gone after 6 months

Who was the poster who was singing his praises saying that we had got a really good signing
Why was it obvious he wouldn't do well?

He had a good pedigree and is an international. His career took him to a weaker league but that doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't step up.

His performances were not great but he only played about three games. Early doors I didn't feel he was any worse than Christie. I remember early doors one poster (and I think it could have been you, although I might be mistaken) talking up how good a cross he had based on his performances for us.

I don't know why he hasn't had more time on the field; he wasn't that bad. Maybe he just doesn't want to be here. It was a punt, one of many, but I don't see it as dodgy or one that was impossible to work out.

Look at Sow; his pedigree was probably worse and I was vocal in calling that one a waste of money, but I don't mind admitting I was wrong

It looks like another instance of a player wanting to leave because he cannot settle.

You can bet he will be over here on his own, away from his family, stuck in an hotel room, and things are so bad he will gladly take a pay cut to go back closer to home.

But again definitely not a failure of recruitment lol

If they do bid I agree we can't stand in his way, quite rightly it will be up to him to decide whether Burnley is the place he wants to be, as they are having a bit of a struggle themselves. I would imagine he would at least double his wages but run the risk of being back in Championship next season as it looks like Ben Osborn & Robinson will be with Sheff U.
He may decide (clutching at straws here) to wait until the summer as I'm sure he won't be short of offers after all he is still young particularly for Central defender and hopefully still improving. I hope he stays we need more players with his attitude.

I think Burnley have enough to stay up, as Sheff Utd and WBA are all but down, and I believe Burnley are stronger than both Fulham and Brighton.

Forest value him at 10m, and not sure Burnley would pay that. Means if we sell, we would likely have to keep Figs for the rest of this season.

If they do bid I agree we can't stand in his way, quite rightly it will be up to him to decide whether Burnley is the place he wants to be, as they are having a bit of a struggle themselves. I would imagine he would at least double his wages but run the risk of being back in Championship next season as it looks like Ben Osborn & Robinson will be with Sheff U.
He may decide (clutching at straws here) to wait until the summer as I'm sure he won't be short of offers after all he is still young particularly for Central defender and hopefully still improving. I hope he stays we need more players with his attitude.
I think he wants to stay, but this season we will do well to stay up, and with the shambolic approach to recruitment, can any of us say that we will be back challenging top 6 next year and going up? Nope, so as we can't stand in his way. The only hope we have is that Burnley is the least attractive team and place to live in the whole Prem, so it might come down to him taking a punt on performing well there for a couple of years and then getting another move. If a Fulham, or a Palace, Newcastle came calling, I am certain he'd choose them over Burnley

There has to be some real dodgy shit going on with our transfer policy

When you sign players like Nicholas Loannou who it was obvious would not do well in this league and then they are gone after 6 months

Who was the poster who was singing his praises saying that we had got a really good signing

It definitely appears to be some kind of money laundering scheme.

Burnley after Worrall again. We can't really stand in his way

Burnley ready to 'step up interest' in Worrall in January https://www.nottinghampost.com/spor...61#ICID=Android_NottinghamPostNewApp_AppShare

It will depend if Burnley sell players, Worrall under a long contract and we turned down some big bids earlier - plus, with new restrictions on players - his value has solidified and increased.

Anything over £10m this time, will be hard to turn down though.

Not a chance we sign Ioannu for 750k and then 4 months later let him leave on a free? It's money back or a 1m fee if he leaves

You have to factor in his wage & remaining contract though, especially if he won't be involved - because, it says something that Bong is ahead of him in the pecking order.

Also, the fee of £750k is not quite as it seems - we structure the deals over the term of the contract, paying in instalments, there will be a sell on clause and the fee rises based upon appearances.

So, excluding agent fees (before CP points that out) the actual cash fee to Apoel will have been much closer to £200k.

Still a frightening waste of money, but at the time he was signed, it was expected that Ribeiro would be leaving and Bong was in the bomb squad.

You have to factor in his wage & remaining contract though, especially if he won't be involved - because, it says something that Bong is ahead of him in the pecking order.

Also, the fee of £750k is not quite as it seems - we structure the deals over the term of the contract, paying in instalments, there will be a sell on clause and the fee rises based upon appearances.

So, excluding agent fees (before CP points that out) the actual cash fee to Apoel will have been much closer to £200k.

Still a frightening waste of money, but at the time he was signed, it was expected that Ribeiro would be leaving and Bong was in the bomb squad.

Not sure this is all accurate, my understanding is that even if the fee is paid annually we are still responsible for the full amount irrespective of when he leaves. Obviously not the appearance based part.

There has been way too many suspect signings IMHO that have come and gone in a short space of time

its isnt just recruitment of bad players, its recruitment that is miles away from the type of players that the managers we sign can get the best out of. Its not as if Ioanou or carvalho or the current Spanish lad dont have talent, they seem to me to have more talent than most of our home grown players; but to play them 3 or 4 times and then cast them aside is a just total shit on all fronts. A good attack minded manager would have a good side that included those 4 or 5 players.

I claim the number one spot for slagging off our shit managers, they really have all been garbage for 20 years, hardly any of them have done a single thing after leaving us, mostly dour, defensive, boring shits that play holding midfielders zzz fook off. Maybe Pearce was the last gung ho guy and that WAS great till we suffered injuries. If I hear the next manager mention the words holding Im gonna call for his head from day one. Now we got CH who likes 3 of em, after SL who liked 2 of EM lol.

Not sure this is all accurate, my understanding is that even if the fee is paid annually we are still responsible for the full amount irrespective of when he leaves. Obviously not the appearance based part.

One positive aspect, is that we now structure pretty much all deals and whilst we have signed some absolute dross, wasting more than I care to count - we aim to reduce initial cash outlay.

Wages are also appearance based, with bonuses for wins, goals, clean sheets etc.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I was told the initial fee for Iannou was around 400k Euro's - the rest are add ons. I thought that a reasonable gamble for someone with his pedigree.

We wanted to pay 250k Euros - they wanted 750k Euros, we met in the middle 'ish, but then gave an uplift for appearances, if we got promoted & a marginally better sell on.

Other than wages; Guerrero, Diallo & Cafu did not involve transfer fees - Bachirou was another low fee & of those - only, Cafu has demonstrated that he's worth keeping - so far.

Blackett - no idea what has happened there, thought that was a shrewd bit of business on a free signing & both Taylor & Colback were free transfers (I did speak to a 'friend' about signing on fees - he said that these are also structured over the contract - clearly, I don't know specifics).

Christie & Knocky are loans (I think Guerero may actually be a loan too).

McKenna & Mbe Soh involved quite sizeable fees - unsure about Arter - but all covered by the fee for Cash.

Interesting January ahead, but almost certainly more out the door than those coming in!!

I honestly thought that Arter was going to be the player that made the difference in our midfield.

Everyone has historically spoken highly of him as well but for some reason not only is he playing shit but he is apparently a disruptive influence according to comments on here so what’s changed?

Wonder whether Hughton would consider recalling Carv if that’s possible? Can’t do any worse than we have already...

I am certain that is the case; the outstanding amount has to be settled prior to the deal being sanctioned.

In this instance the player wants to leave and he is taking a substantial pay cut to go back.

This will not cost us anything that has not already been paid; Aris will clear the outstanding transfer amount and we save on a wage

One positive aspect, is that we now structure pretty much all deals and whilst we have signed some absolute dross, wasting more than I care to count - we aim to reduce initial cash outlay.

Wages are also appearance based, with bonuses for wins, goals, clean sheets etc.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I was told the initial fee for Iannou was around 400k Euro's - the rest are add ons. I thought that a reasonable gamble for someone with his pedigree.

We wanted to pay 250k Euros - they wanted 750k Euros, we met in the middle 'ish, but then gave an uplift for appearances, if we got promoted & a marginally better sell on.

Other than wages; Guerrero, Diallo & Cafu did not involve transfer fees - Bachirou was another low fee & of those - only, Cafu has demonstrated that he's worth keeping - so far.

Blackett - no idea what has happened there, thought that was a shrewd bit of business on a free signing & both Taylor & Colback were free transfers (I did speak to a 'friend' about signing on fees - he said that these are also structured over the contract - clearly, I don't know specifics).

Christie & Knocky are loans (I think Guerero may actually be a loan too).

McKenna & Mbe Soh involved quite sizeable fees - unsure about Arter - but all covered by the fee for Cash.

Interesting January ahead, but almost certainly more out the door than those coming in!!

The overall state of the squad is a lot better than some people give credit for.

We currently have 33 players registered, 4 of whom are loans, we have 1 loan out, which excludes the likes of Johnson, we have a bomb squad of 2 both of whom have contracts until June.

That leaves a current first team squad of 27.

Of those 27, 3 are rumoured to be going in next Month, 7 are what I would class as homegrown or young players some of whom will have significant sell on value (Worrall, Mighten, McKenna, Yates, Soh, Carvalho and Smith), of the rest, 8 are out of contract in June, 7 the following June and 4 in 2023

That is a considerable improvement from the days when we had 40 to 45 players on the books.

All they need to do now is start to play a bit.

I honestly thought that Arter was going to be the player that made the difference in our midfield.

Everyone has historically spoken highly of him as well but for some reason not only is he playing shit but he is apparently a disruptive influence according to comments on here so what’s changed?

Wonder whether Hughton would consider recalling Carv if that’s possible? Can’t do any worse than we have already...

Like several of our players, he got injured straight away & has then been asked to play in a position that he is not suited to - we have too many similar, defensive CM's.... asking him to play No.10 is just not his game, but something he tried.

Again, just like every other player, he wants game time BUT the imbalance to the squad and the injuries mean that he will have to bide his time.... Arter is a good player, but a lack of time for training and the volume of games is hurting more clubs than Forest - however, our problem has been the significant number of players signed that we're trying to integrate and that Hughton needs to assess before trimming the squad.

I am certain that is the case; the outstanding amount has to be settled prior to the deal being sanctioned.

In this instance the player wants to leave and he is taking a substantial pay cut to go back.

This will not cost us anything that has not already been paid; Aris will clear the outstanding transfer amount and we save on a wage

That's my understanding from what I have been told.

Nottingham Forest are expecting an offer from Burnley for Joe Worrall, according to Sarah Clapson.

Speaking to Nottinghamshire Live, Clapson said: “I think Forest will have their resolve tested by Burnley.

“Worrall wants to get Forest in the Premier League and captain them for the long-term.

“We’ve seen with Matty Cash that it’s very hard to turn down big money. Worrall wants to test himself as high as he can so it’s a really difficult one. I’d like to think he’ll stay but anything could happen.”

We've a brilliant 23 year potential Wes Morgan, and instead of letting him keep the Captains armband, we give it to a player who's never been a captain
facepalm.gif

Makes me wonder if Hughton's a fuckwit, or if his hand is being forced by the top brass.

Either way the one thing I'm sure of is that Joe should be captain. Whoever is standing in the way of that - Hughton, Vrentroz, EM - I want out the club. This is Morgan MK2 waiting to happen.