Good Morning Thread | Page 196 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Morning all, as others I hope you had your bestest! day yesterday, we had a good one, one of our Daughters came round, she being in Mrs PY's bubble, had some great laughs, then off home, to leave me cooking Chrimbo Dinner, Turkey, Parsnips in Honey, Roasties, Swede, Brussels, but I really effed the Sprouts up, god knows how, suspect they could be used as green golf balls, anyone! had a couple of glasses of wine each, Red for me White for the Mrs.

After I had washed up, we settled down to watch "Sinderella" dvd, and me to taste a drop of "Victory Navy Dark Rum" pressie from Daughter, 57% proof like Woods, Brewed on the Isle of White, right on the doorstep, well a couple of miles away down the hill, it is amazing stuff, so that's a 3rd Navy Dark Rum for me to choose from.

But the main thing I was bloody happy with, was to have Mrs PY, who you all know I nearly lost 6-7 weeks ago, by my side on that day, the best gift I could ever ask for, and I now hope n pray for many more.

Anyway all, I have droaned on enough, keep safe all you Spurs family, chins up, keep smiling cos the light is at the end of the tunnel, finally! as a gentle warning the selfish twats are still there though.
Lovely to hear about your wife Pompey, she has done really well .
The dark days and the worry are fading , well done .
Hope you had a great Christmas.

My wife seems to be getting back to her normal self , she hadn’t farted for nearly a year , well she literally couldn’t , but she can again now .
It’s funny what makes you happy , ennit !

My wife seems to be getting back to her normal self , she hadn’t farted for nearly a year , well she literally couldn’t , but she can again now .
Good job you don’t smoke then Walt!

Bah humbug is my feeling about Christmas and my oldest mate called me on Christmas Day....he said he had been dispatched by his wife to pick up their daughter and boyfriend to come for Christmas Dinner....it was 9 pm!...said his wife had been in a bad mood all day....phoned my brother and spoke to his partner who said he was in bed sulking about something....I think I read once that Christmas is the time when most divorces/split ups begin....made me count my blessings...Merry Christmas..

Good morning all, Sunny, very bright, cloudyish, no damage from that bloody wind, though I heard there had been quite a bit in Leigh Park, as well as damage lol!

Walt thanks for that, and yes Mrs PY has done very well, though at the mo the meds she is on after her HA, make her bruise up like hell, rubbing her eyes on Xmas day, result minor black eye, and she had a slight trip over, result massive swollen and very sore bruise on her foot, as you can imagine she is getting rather pissed with it.

Your missus, good on her, farting thumbs up, "where ever you may be let your wind go free", maybe sniff wise bad for you, but like me you are chuffed to have her by your side never mind the obstacles.

Regards what your Daughter's said about Covid, in our area's they are so right, Mrs PY's bestie, matron, is saying exactly the same, short n sweet its getting worse, another lockdown on its way, 66% of QA beds = Covid cases.

Even with all the bad news, I believe there is still a light at the end of the tunnel, so heads up, keep smiling, watch out for the twats, keep safe all of you.

Morning all, thought my anger at our performance would have abated this morning, but it hasn't, I feel particularly gutted as our demise was and is exactly as I feared it would go.

Jose is a clever man, a successful big spend manager - it's been a very long time since he inherited an exceptional bunch of players at Porto - perhaps he's lost the art of building a team/squad without spending vast sums of money?

I don't blame anyone for believing in him, I did for a time too, especially how he took us from the depths last season to finish so close to the Top 4 spot - but it's all gone wrong now, last season, for the most part, he had us playing football and we reaped the benefit; two windows later and we look like a bunch of carthorses trying to plough a field.

I wonder how much longer he'll be able to deflect? Finally, the pundits and the press are expressing the doubts that crept into my mind months ago.

Will there be a Jose manufactured crisis in Jan? _ I wouldn't bet against it.

Anyway in the scheme of things perhaps it's not that important?

Stay smart, stay safe, as the white charger galloping over the hill may be months away for many of us yet.

Last edited:
Morning all, thought my anger at our performance would have abated this morning, but it hasn't, I feel particularly gutted as our demise was and is exactly as I feared it would go.

Jose is a clever man, a successful big spend manager - it's been a very long time since he inherited an exceptional bunch of players at Porto - perhaps he's lost the art of building a team/squad without spending vast sums of money?

I don't blame anyone for believing in him, I did for a time too, especially how he took us from the depths last season to finish so close to the Top 4 spot - but it's all gone wrong now, last season, for the most part, he had us playing football and we reaped the benefit; two windows later and we look like a bunch of carthorses trying to plough a field.

I would how much longer he'll be able to deflect? Finally, the pundits and the press are expressing the doubts that crept into my mind months ago.

Stay smart, stay safe, the white charger galloping over the hill may be months away for many of us yet.
You are correct EX...we need to stay focused on the really important thing which is avoiding catching the virus....maybe we should think like Jose and go ultra defensive if we haven’t already....maybe we should start a thread on The Next Manager....I’m sure that would be fun if nothing else with several unpronounceable candidates from foreign leagues to investigate.

I wonder how much longer he'll be able to deflect? Finally, the pundits and the press are expressing the doubts that crept into my mind months ago.

Stay smart, stay safe, the white charger galloping over the hill may be months away for many of us yet.
Morning EX, I feel exactly the same as you now, I did try to be positive and back JM, but am afraid "NO MORE"

Stay and keep safe all.

Talking about football on this thread as the title says it all ..GOOD MORNING THREAD is a strange one at the moment!.

Dry clear skies and cold in the East

Looking forward to Brexit talk eventually dying out in the press...probabl;y to be replaced by Austerity II the sequel
Looking forward eventually to COvexit

My favourite record at the moment is .. TIERS OF A CLOWN .....Boris being the clown ha ha....put the whole country on the same footing and save a few lives FFS

Gonna go for a long walk to clear my head of all this and play some sounds on the way ....take care keep safe and well fellow yids

Kin Ell . I didn’t post on here yesterday because me and my wife inexplicably overslept ,neither of us waking up until nine am .
The nurse was due at some time in the morning , they obviously can’t give her a time , and past times have ranged from nine am to five pm .
So we jumped out of bed , had a quick wash , got dressed and ready .
So when I get to look on here this morning , I see the same as I see on every thread on here lately , Jose has got to do this , Jose has got to do that , doom doom doom .,
There is enough doom in the world without infesting a Good Morning Thread with the same .

We had a great day yesterday , although the Virgin tv man didn’t turn up , they phoned to say he couldn’t make it !
I would imagine they will be offering all sorts of compensation packages that we can’t refuse !!!!!! Huh right !

We had a day picking at all the Christmas food that you normally buy , mini meat pies , mini paella’s , scotch eggs , cheese and pickles, pork pie, I bought a large one from MnS , ( other stores are available! ) , couple of beers , watched the Dambusters on the dodgy Virgin box , it decided not to crash for a couple of hours .,

Just a lovely day really , the nurse was well pleased with the healing process and told my wife it has almost healed over .

The weather has been dodgy ,

e got away with no damage from that storm the other night , although next doors Reindeer that can be seen from space when its turned on ( switched on so it lights up , I mean , not turned on so it’s a rampant reindeer ! ) took a battering and doesn’t light up anymore . Shame .

Lots of small flooded areas because the council cant be arsed to clear the drains anymore .

We even went for a walk .

Made a complete change from Sunday when I watched football from midday to mid evening , my wife watched her type of programmes the rest of the evening .

it’s snowing here at the moment as I type this , any snow where you are Pompey, or Matic .? We very rarely get snow here . They say it’s because we are protected by the IOW and the hill that Pompey lives on .
We are in the valley in between . Fino .

Snowing hard now though . Maybe my garden will look as good as next doors soon !
Got to go . Egg and Bacon doesn’t eat itself you know .
Stay safe , keep even more alert .
Look after each other .
Don’t get gloomy over football .it’s not worth it ..
Can’t believe I just typed that !!!!!! Kin Ell ., I am getting old ....... ha ha

Snowed hard up here for about 1 hour...stopped now and on its way down to you Walt...IOW can’t stop it as it’s coming from the other direction.

I looked out my window and saw my neighbour flat on her face on the other side of the road with her husband taking photographs....turned out she was doing belly sledging down their drive and across the road....

I saw Captain Tom on the news this morning saying he liked watching Westerns because the good guys always won and the Paramount channel had a load of them on over the Christmas period...I think they are having a Clint Eastwood week this week...the last Hollywood legend who isn’t Woke...I loved one of his quotes “I tried being reasonable....I didn’t like it”..could have come from Brian Clough that one....

Anyway let’s hope the vaccination programme gets ramped up to extrodinary levels and we can get out of this mess....stay safe til then guys

Kin Ell . I didn’t post on here yesterday because me and my wife inexplicably overslept ,neither of us waking up until nine am .
The nurse was due at some time in the morning , they obviously can’t give her a time , and past times have ranged from nine am to five pm .
So we jumped out of bed , had a quick wash , got dressed and ready .
So when I get to look on here this morning , I see the same as I see on every thread on here lately , Jose has got to do this , Jose has got to do that , doom doom doom .,
There is enough doom in the world without infesting a Good Morning Thread with the same .

We had a great day yesterday , although the Virgin tv man didn’t turn up , they phoned to say he couldn’t make it !
I would imagine they will be offering all sorts of compensation packages that we can’t refuse !!!!!! Huh right !

We had a day picking at all the Christmas food that you normally buy , mini meat pies , mini paella’s , scotch eggs , cheese and pickles, pork pie, I bought a large one from MnS , ( other stores are available! ) , couple of beers , watched the Dambusters on the dodgy Virgin box , it decided not to crash for a couple of hours .,

Just a lovely day really , the nurse was well pleased with the healing process and told my wife it has almost healed over .

The weather has been dodgy ,

e got away with no damage from that storm the other night , although next doors Reindeer that can be seen from space when its turned on ( switched on so it lights up , I mean , not turned on so it’s a rampant reindeer ! ) took a battering and doesn’t light up anymore . Shame .

Lots of small flooded areas because the council cant be arsed to clear the drains anymore .

We even went for a walk .

Made a complete change from Sunday when I watched football from midday to mid evening , my wife watched her type of programmes the rest of the evening .

it’s snowing here at the moment as I type this , any snow where you are Pompey, or Matic .? We very rarely get snow here . They say it’s because we are protected by the IOW and the hill that Pompey lives on .
We are in the valley in between . Fino .

Snowing hard now though . Maybe my garden will look as good as next doors soon !
Got to go . Egg and Bacon doesn’t eat itself you know .
Stay safe , keep even more alert .
Look after each other .
Don’t get gloomy over football .it’s not worth it ..
Can’t believe I just typed that !!!!!! Kin Ell ., I am getting old ....... ha ha
It's football therapy Walt. For those of us who feel gloomy about the team, coming on here and sharing the misery is the antidote.

Last edited:
It's football therapy Walt. For those of us who feel gloomy about the team coming on here and sharing the misery is the antidote.

I will not ever say who, but I have been DM'ing with one of our posters and during our exchanges have been told how theuraputic for a troubled/stressed/struggling mind this place has become during this pandemic for him.

I've often pondered if this place/these off subject threads help but being told that without it they'd be in an even worse mental place - is a testament to the support you've all given to each other. I won't say where he thinks he might have been without your wit, silly stories, and anecdotes about life the universe and everything - (and not forgetting some of the worse attempted jokes known to man from greavsie).

He's not a prolific poster, but loves reading the threads; the good, the bad and the downright ugly!

So well done all you posters who kept it going, you may not know it, but in at least one case, a poster brave enough to speak honestly about why he's here, wanted me to tell you all, you might well have saved him from a full mental collapse due to the stress in his life because of covid.

Thank you.

Now, keep it up!!

Bad day here yesterday. a ban on sales of alcohol implemented immediately yet again. We seem to have a two prong approach to tackling COVID, wear a mask and stop drinking. Unfortunately there isn't a way around this. An excessive booze culture, and New Years Eve is coming up, results in fist fights, stabbings, wife beating and car crashes, whereby there isn't enough room left in the hospitals for COVID cases. Unfortunately the law has to be set to cover all eventualities, and doesn't make any concessions for sensible drinkers.

Bad day here yesterday. a ban on sales of alcohol implemented immediately yet again. We seem to have a two prong approach to tackling COVID, wear a mask and stop drinking. Unfortunately there isn't a way around this. An excessive booze culture, and New Years Eve is coming up, results in fist fights, stabbings, wife beating and car crashes, whereby there isn't enough room left in the hospitals for COVID cases. Unfortunately the law has to be set to cover all eventualities, and doesn't make any concessions for sensible drinkers.
Don’t tell me you didn’t stock up after last time?