Tony Pulis | Vital Football

Tony Pulis

10 games?
I think it’s got to be the “also other issues” they allude to rather than results surely.

Most leopards do not change their spots. It sounds like any chairman sells a little of his soul, in exchange for survival, when they appoint Pulis.

As soon as they were outside the relegation area, the fans would have been whinging about his methods so he would have been on borrowed time anyway.

I do wonder, however, how naive the board must have been considering his longstanding reputation. Admitting you got it wrong after only 10 games suggests chronic lack of due diligence.

It's brutal at the bottom. One win in ten. He wasn't going to save them in any event so predictable.

Don’t blame Tony Pulis in anything of this situation when Sheffield Wednesday have such a dickhead for an owner! Players haven’t been paid so not going to do a lot for morale and performances!

Should never appoint a guy whose surname sounds like the Glasgow pronunciation for police.

Yeah, watched it last night. I probably watch BBC Scotland more than I do the main BBC.
Bring back the Vital Spark. One of the best Scottish partial-comedy series ever. I still have them on Beta-max but.......... the old Sony video recorder is knakkered so I can't watch them. There are a few snippets on YouTube but... they are very poor quality.

Bring back the Vital Spark. One of the best Scottish partial-comedy series ever. I still have them on Beta-max but.......... the old Sony video recorder is knakkered so I can't watch them. There are a few snippets on YouTube but... they are very poor quality.

Not heard if that. Can you out them on a computer and upload them to me? 😷

Most leopards do not change their spots. It sounds like any chairman sells a little of his soul, in exchange for survival, when they appoint Pulis.

I do wonder, however, how naive the board must have been considering his longstanding reputation. Admitting you got it wrong after only 10 games suggests chronic lack of due diligence.

At the bottom of the article it suggests the issues were down to the fact the club maybe would be under a transfer ban due to the owners failure to pay the salaries. Considering the club started the season with a twelve point penalty then I am sure that survival would require some funds to reinforce the playing staff. It seems a reasonable source of complaint and friction to me that Pulis would be on the owners case to pay the bills (and not he transfer banned) rather any anything dodgy by reputation.

It would not surprise me if Pulis went to the owner saying he needed to be able to strengthen the squad so the owner needed to pay the bills and then "back me or sack me" during the transfer window.

I take your point Rotherhithe I'm certainly older than Pulis. I was talking about his methods, football thinking and flexibility. He has always played one way and has frozen in his approach. Earlier in his career, at the peak of his success, he was more open and notably employed a variety of senior football men to work with him. He won't have had the resources to do that at Wednesday and I suspect he wouldn't have been confident enough to do so.

Pulis was one of the youngest ever to get his coaching qualifications, he's become a dinosaur.