Tony Pulis | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tony Pulis

Bring back the Vital Spark. One of the best Scottish partial-comedy series ever. I still have them on Beta-max but.......... the old Sony video recorder is knakkered so I can't watch them. There are a few snippets on YouTube but... they are very poor quality.

John Grieve as the engineer addicted to bodice-rippers. Asleep in his bunk and crying out "Don't do it, Lady Cynthia..."

62 has to be the best age of all!

Peak of mental and physical prowess.

On the cusp of unlimited paid free time.

Able to grumble about modern life.

Remembering England winning the World Cup.

What's not to like?
Spot on Suffolk. The Sherlock Holmses amongst you will work out that with my tag of '58 I'm 62 now. Loving it. Everything you said applies to me I'm sure (the missus isn't convinced) although I'm already on paid free time.

I'm of the luckiest generation this planet has ever seen. Avoided 2nd world war and national service/rationing and will be dead before the planet melts.

62 has to be the best age of all!

Peak of mental and physical prowess.

On the cusp of unlimited paid free time.

Able to grumble about modern life.

Remembering England winning the World Cup.

What's not to like?
When I was young you got 3 score years & 10. That's what not to like!
That's the reason why I want the Gills to win league 1 & the championship, bring Arsenal down here & wipe the floor wiv-um.
I need many years more!!

My mate's daughter is besties with Steve Parish's daughter. Parish is still spitting bricks over what Pulis did apparently.

So, what did he do?

Allegedly....

Edit > actually, I just googled it and found an article about it on the BBC website.

Why on earth would any club employ him after that kind of behaviour?

Last edited:
Spot on Suffolk. The Sherlock Holmses amongst you will work out that with my tag of '58 I'm 62 now. Loving it. Everything you said applies to me I'm sure (the missus isn't convinced) although I'm already on paid free time.

I'm of the luckiest generation this planet has ever seen. Avoided 2nd world war and national service/rationing and will be dead before the planet melts.
I wish my tag of 77 was a date of birth, unfortunately it's closer to my age.

It was something along the lines of persuading Palace to pay a bonus early by saying he was staying. Then he resigned a week later.
Yeah, I googled that when it was mentioned earlier.

Apparently he was due a £2mill bonus if he stayed at least until August(?) one season.

He asked the club for it to be paid early because he needed it for a certain reason. The club paid it on his word. He then resigned 2 days later🤔.

The courts found in the clubs favour. But I think he wrangled it to pay it back in instalments.

What a wonderful way to conduct yourself...