Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace match thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace match thread

Palace are just like a number of other teams in the Prem (West Ham, Burnley, Brighton, Newcastle, etc) whose main concern is to stay in the league so they kick, foul, and block in every game and generally seem to get away with it which is no surprise really given the standard of refereeing in the Prem.

Mings looked like he wanted to pick a fight from the first minute so I hope the Hause/Konsa partnership works to keep him out of the team and teach him a lesson.

Tough call for Deano who take-off. I just hope he's made the right call however personally I would have taken El Ghazi off.

Luckily we have been so superior in the first half I’m hopeful we won’t lose this.

The sub was poor tactically, unless the game opens up or we get a peno, El Ghazi won’t offer much because he isn’t good at holding the ball up as he’s so weak. Traore would’ve been able to get on the ball and take two defenders with him. As I’ve already posted, we have Trez on the bench so we risk ending the game with both El Ghazi and Trez on the wings which isn’t great. It’s hardly a game of chess or snooker in terms of thinking 5 steps ahead but at least consider your next sub.

Have to go 4-4-1, and try and see the game out in a different way. Shape and discipline is important.

Maybe they show different camera angles here, but Mings fully deserved the first booking. He kicked down at Zaha as he came through the challenge. McGinn had just been fouled and would have won the free-kick. Instead, Mings decided to be a tough guy. History with him and Zaha and Zaha just won, big time.

Not easy being a villa fan is it.... and i accept that. But our players really dont help. Mings has been all over the shop today... and thats without any real hard pressure on the defence.
Like Fear said. Maybe he should concentrate less on twitter trolls that are probably bluenoses in disguise and concentrate on the 90 minutes he gets paid for.
He'll have plenty of those to contend with later.

This would be a stupid reason but I am also assuming he thinks Traore wouldnt have finished the game anyway. I doubt Anwar will finish the game either.
Yep don't recall El Ghazi showing great stamina and defensive prowess in the past.

Maybe they show different camera angles here, but Mings fully deserved the first booking. He kicked down at Zaha as he came through the challenge. McGinn had just been fouled and would have won the free-kick. Instead, Mings decided to be a tough guy. History with him and Zaha and Zaha just won, big time.

Yes and Mings has previous for stamping. Hot head and if we are to push on then eventually he will be a squad player unless he sorts himself out

We have our work cut out to win this. Palace are physical and you just know we will get deeper and deeper. For all his faults recently Mings is still our talker and organisational leader at the back.

When Mings leaves or is forced out, it’ll turn very bitter. Personally, something I’ve wanted since the early stages of this season, is for Liverpool to make us a silly offer for Mings as temporary cover for VVD.

I’d take anything above £50m, as he isn’t actually worth any more than £15m and that’s being generous.

He’s so overrated, pundits seem to thing he’s the key ingredient to our defensive success this season when it’s clearly Emi, with Ezri a big part.