Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace match thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace match thread

Palace are one of my least favourite teams in the PL. Like Burnley, Stoke, and other dire forgettable teams in recent years, they play terrible football with terrible players and no ambition. Solid 4-0 win today, set them out on their way to a relegation battle and take us up to 5th.

First time BBC have ever broadcast a game on boxing day, we'll give the country one to remember.
From your description Palace sound a lot like us in recent history!

For all the talk of Barkley, he’s still not in the squad. I’m hoping he’s being worked for his fitness rather than anything else and will be ready next week.

For all the talk of Barkley, he’s still not in the squad. I’m hoping he’s being worked for his fitness rather than anything else and will be ready next week.

He won't be playing against Chelsea next game either. I'm questioning his desire to play here 5 weeks and counting for a minor hamstring which should have been 2 ti 3 weeks

Not sure any kind of hamstring injury can be classed as minor, apparently it's in an unusual place so maybe they are being ultra cautious.

Unchanged then

Hardly a suprise. 7 points from 9 with pretty much this line up so totally understandable from Smith.

Surprised to see an unchanged team, thought maybe one or two of the crucials would have been rested for 2 games time.

Very strange Barkley doesn’t even make the bench, I had to scan three times to make sure I wasn’t missing him.

I don’t believe there is anything regarding attitude at play, of course he’d want to play in a game at home after a good run - you do wonder if he does have some psychological things with injuries, where it plays on his mind. Anyway, benefit of the doubt that the injury hasn’t healed yet and it’s the doctors advice.

Think Barclay only returned to training on Weds so perhaps not surprising he’s not yet back in contention...would rather that be the case that he’s not rushed back too quickly with a dodgy hamstring. Good to see Konsa back in the mix after his illness and that Woy has annoyed plenty of Palace fans by not making many changes after the 7 goal mauling last week! COYVB.....:utv::utv::utv:

He won't be playing against Chelsea next game either. I'm questioning his desire to play here 5 weeks and counting for a minor hamstring which should have been 2 ti 3 weeks

Nah. Really do not understand questioning his desire . Question whether he is right for us given his injury record but there is no lack of desire so far from him. Why now ?
You have to be careful with hamstrings . Like it or not . We are in decent form so why throw him in uncessarily.

Anything could have happened , he may have tweaked it again in training or he has pulled up a bit sore . It looked a soft one when it happened so obviously it's a delicate one.

Nah. Really do not understand questioning his desire . Question whether he is right for us given his injury record but there is no lack of desire so far from him. Why now ?
You have to be careful with hamstrings . Like it or not . We are in decent form so why throw him in uncessarily.
By desire, I mean to play through things for the cause, not his own personal cause.
You have the Chesters and you have the Barkleys, one is a proper man one is a Matty Targett

Come off it Lads every single one of you expected Barkley to be at least on the bench.

Yes but we aren’t privy to the fitness updates from the medical experts.

There’s something to it when he can’t make the bench with Marv, Ramsey, Taylor, Connor ahead of him - it’s whether you think it’s an attitude problem or just an innocent fitness problem. It’s speculation until we find out more, which we will later after the game

I'd of liked to see Barkley get some minutes, especially since he can't play against Chelsea, and you don't really want to chuck him on to start against Man Utd without any game time since his injury, perhaps he'll be our super sub for the Man Utd game.

Crystal Palace is the game where we could of afforded to push some players forward, Stick Konsa in alongside Hause and Mings, Cash and Targett running up the lines, McGinn and Luiz in the middle, with Grealish, Watkins, Traore as a front three, perhaps a little drastic as a change, but we have the players for it, certainly would mess Chelsea's game plan for us.

But hey can't blame Deano sticking with what's currently working, gives Hause some confidence going forward.