#COVID19 | Page 678 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Have you been vaccinated yet? Or has anyone on this forum?

And what has that got to do with anything ? I know someone over 80 who has been vaccinated, along with a couple of people from the NHS finance department. The nurse I know on the respiratory/covid ward has got hers booked in. I'm quite a way down the list by age group.

Presumably you would rather us toe the EU line. Their incompetence is delaying the vaccine. Estimated that will kill circa 15,000 people, all for the sake of appearing to be united. United in incompetence in this case. What could be more stupid than developing a vaccine, then not using it.

My son is on this forum, and he could have had the vaccination, but decided to leave it for the higher priority people.

And what has that got to do with anything ? I know someone over 80 who has been vaccinated, along with a couple of people from the NHS finance department. The nurse I know on the respiratory/covid ward has got hers booked in. I'm quite a way down the list by age group.

Presumably you would rather us toe the EU line. Their incompetence is delaying the vaccine. Estimated that will kill circa 15,000 people, all for the sake of appearing to be united. United in incompetence in this case. What could be more stupid than developing a vaccine, then not using it.
You won't listen to a word anyone says so I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but....

Over 70,000 people have died in this country, compared to 25,000 people in Germany. Christmas day is predicted to have the highest hospital admission rate of the entire crisis so far. We are back to 700+ dying a day. I read an article in the post the other day about a 38 year old father of two, no health problems, who died of it in Nottingham a couple of weeks back

Pretty much every EU country has been vastly better at protecting it's citizens than Great Britain (or specifically, England).

So of course it has a lot to do with something. You are gloating and trying to claim that the British government is doing vastly better than the EU to make a political point about Brexit.

Maybe you would be better doing so when you actually have that jab in your arm? Because based on the current situation, a hell of a lot of men of your age are going to end up in a hospital bed struggling for life long before that needle gets anywhere near your arm.

Far too many good young people of my age, (with families to support- if I die my family is on the streets potentially) will die in those ICU beds before the government even decide when someone in my age group will be eligible for the vaccine (the doses of which, for my age group, do not currently exist).

Even more people of my age are going to die of the economic consequences of COVID; consequences that have largely been incurred to protect people of your age group. It's a good job I am friends with a lot of absolutely fabulous people your age, because if my impression was based solely on your posts I think most of us would question whether it was worth it

You won't listen to a word anyone says so I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but....

Over 70,000 people have died in this country, compared to 25,000 people in Germany. Christmas day is predicted to have the highest hospital admission rate of the entire crisis so far. We are back to 700+ dying a day. I read an article in the post the other day about a 38 year old father of two, no health problems, who died of it in Nottingham a couple of weeks back

Pretty much every EU country has been vastly better at protecting it's citizens than Great Britain (or specifically, England).

So of course it has a lot to do with something. You are gloating and trying to claim that the British government is doing vastly better than the EU to make a political point about Brexit.

Maybe you would be better doing so when you actually have that jab in your arm? Because based on the current situation, a hell of a lot of men of your age are going to end up in a hospital bed struggling for life long before that needle gets anywhere near your arm.

Far too many good young people of my age, (with families to support- if I die my family is on the streets potentially) will die in those ICU beds before the government even decide when someone in my age group will be eligible for the vaccine (the doses of which, for my age group, do not currently exist).

Even more people of my age are going to die of the economic consequences of COVID; consequences that have largely been incurred to protect people of your age group. It's a good job I am friends with a lot of absolutely fabulous people your age, because if my impression was based solely on your posts I think most of us would question whether it was worth it

I'm not gloating. Every death is tragic. Some of them may have been brought about by our governments indecision, but now the EU is deliberately killing people to look united. Let's face it, you just can't cope with the fact that the EU has made a gigantic muck-up of this, along with its financial response.

I'm not gloating. Every death is tragic. Some of them may have been brought about by our governments indecision, but now the EU is deliberately killing people to look united. Let's face it, you just can't cope with the fact that the EU has made a gigantic muck-up of this, along with its financial response.

That is actually a quite despicable and disgraceful comment. Even for you, that is unbelievable.

I cannot believe you even felt it was appropriate to type that. Is there no depth to which you will stoop to justify how you voted?

You got what you wanted. I'll live the rest of my life paying for the consequences.

More from the DT

For now attention is on Britain’s particular travails but this is unlikely to last. Scientists working in the UK discovered and tracked the B.1.1.7 mutation because this country has done almost as much genome sequencing of Covid-19 as the rest of the world combined. As Nervtag said in its report, this mutation was particularly hard to sequence.

This is why we have we have the current blockade, because WE have scientists who can actually study things. The likelihood is that our mutation is already in other countries.

That is actually a quite despicable and disgraceful comment. Even for you, that is unbelievable.

I cannot believe you even felt it was appropriate to type that. Is there no depth to which you will stoop to justify how you voted?

You got what you wanted. I'll live the rest of my life paying for the consequences.

So it's despicable to point out that an EU country developed a vaccine, an EU country has conducted vaccination trials, but to look united they have to wait to use it ? Ideology before lives. More from the DT

Whatever happens, it is going to be a very difficult time for Europe. People will notice as the UK conducts several million vaccinations a week all through January in a massive operation that draws on the best of the NHS and the British armed forces. There will be the same images in America, Canada, and elsewhere.
They will ask why the doses are being dribbled out so desperately slowly across the Continent, and when that happens Brussels will struggle to offer a credible answer. If EU elites don’t yet realise that this is going to mushroom into one of the biggest failures in the history of the European Project, they will find out soon enough

Consequences that are so bad, that Remainers have to make things up ? (Known as LIES in your terminology). Looks like we have agreed that the EU will accept our agricultural goods, dead or no deal, so the ham and cheese sandwich thing is another load of rubbish. (Lies in your terminology).

Even if it was true , it shows just how petty the EU is, introducing ludicrous laws on sandwiches.

Have I had too much eggnog or did I just read somebody in one post saying that the EU are deliberately killing people, and a couple of posts later accuse others of making stuff up?

So its OK to call Boris a Butcher , but no criticism of the EU is allowed ! you couldn't make it up really.

You'll live the rest of your life at work, or typing on here all day, so I guess you probably won't notice the difference either way.

So it's despicable to point out that an EU country developed a vaccine, an EU country has conducted vaccination trials, but to look united they have to wait to use it ? Ideology before lives. More from the DT

Whatever happens, it is going to be a very difficult time for Europe. People will notice as the UK conducts several million vaccinations a week all through January in a massive operation that draws on the best of the NHS and the British armed forces. There will be the same images in America, Canada, and elsewhere.
They will ask why the doses are being dribbled out so desperately slowly across the Continent, and when that happens Brussels will struggle to offer a credible answer. If EU elites don’t yet realise that this is going to mushroom into one of the biggest failures in the history of the European Project, they will find out soon enough
Several million vaccinations a week? Dream on.

I wish we were capable of doing that but unless things change massively, most people won’t be seeing the vaccine til the back end of next year at the earliest.

So its OK to call Boris a Butcher , but no criticism of the EU is allowed ! you couldn't make it up really.
Boris is a butcher though. And even if the EU has fucked up it still doesn’t excuse trying to score points off the back of people dying but if that’s how you roll...?

My son is on this forum, and he could have had the vaccination, but decided to leave it for the higher priority people.

Did he go to Oxford and does he ride a motorbike?

Several million vaccinations a week? Dream on.

I wish we were capable of doing that but unless things change massively, most people won’t be seeing the vaccine til the back end of next year at the earliest.

No idea what we will achieve, but just like Brexit, I'm prepared to see what happens in January. No idea where we are now, but half a million had been vaccinated last time I heard. Should pick up if the Oxford vaccination gets approved.