Match Thread: Forest 0 Brentford whatever, sponsored by the insanity of doing the same thing and expecting a different result | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest 0 Brentford whatever, sponsored by the insanity of doing the same thing and expecting a different result

Well you acted like a prick

So you get it back

Simples

Be nice or dont get in a huff when you get it back you pratt
I didn’t act like a prick. I said you were talking shite. I still say you’re talking shite, but it’s the norm with you. “Well you acted like a prick, So you get it back”.What are you? 12?

Last edited:
I live in Lincoln and never, ever did I think I'd see the day Lincoln City were outclassing Nottingham Forest. This season is well on course to see the two swap places, and for Lincoln to be above Forest in the footballing pyramid. I won't ever live that down when it happens.
Brennan Johnson must be absolutely dreading a call in January bringing him back to the foul rot of the City Ground, instead of staying at a positive, booming club in the mighty Imps........

But we didn't, which leads me to believe that that specific moment must have been the catalyst.
It doesn't matter if there was a catalyst or not. I think you are asking the wrong question Zed.

You are always going to have negative incidents in any season. It is guarenteed.

The question to ask is why this team has not been able to recover and move on, and why it (whatever the catalyst was) has festered so much?

And the next question to ask is what we do to draw a line under it now?

Leeds's defeat to us could have been the start of the rot for them; but it wasn't. They moved on.

When we lost at home to Carlisle in 2008, we all thought that was game over for promotion to league one. But the squad pulled together and won at their place a few weeks later.

It doesn't matter if there was a catalyst or not. I think you are asking the wrong question Zed.

You are always going to have negative incidents in any season. It is guarenteed.

The question to ask is why this team has not been able to recover and move on, and why it (whatever the catalyst was) has festered so much?

And the next question to ask is what we do to draw a line under it now?

Leeds's defeat to us could have been the start of the rot for them; but it wasn't. They moved on.

When we lost at home to Carlisle in 2008, we all thought that was game over for promotion to league one. But the squad pulled together and won at their place a few weeks later.

Perhaps the reason they couldn't move on was the magnitude of the error, the timing of the error, the magnitude of the game and the fact that they had completely spanked Derby for 94 minutes (or whatever it was).

I think the combination of all of those factors just deflated them and then when you combine that against the backdrop of COVID and no fans to help them get out of the funk, that was that and we are still there.

He said: "It's hugely disappointing and it's probably the most disappointed I've been during this run of games. I wanted us to start the game better than what we did but we were up against a very well drilled team who started better than we did. We can't afford to give these teams a leg-up and we've conceded three really poor goals and not taken our own chances at the other end.

"Brentford showed us why they are where they are because it wasn't one of their better performances but they've capitalised on the mistakes that we made. In a game where we haven't started as well as we would have liked to, you cannot afford to concede a poor goal to put them in front as we did.

"These aren't structural or formational problems, these are individual mistakes that are costing us because at the moment we don't have the ability at the other end to capitalise on the good positions that we're getting ourselves into. The two things that I continue to speak about is that we are conceding poor goals and not taking our chances at the other end of the pitch.

"I thought the decision to rule Anthony's goal out was harsh. I think there will be numerous goals scored up and down the country that will be exactly the same that wouldn't have been disallowed. I was also disappointed with the sending off because Anthony says he got a touch from the lad's arm and now we'll lose him for Tuesday's game.

"It has been a tough run for us and this run has given us a clear indication of where we are compared to the top teams in the division. Our level of performance hasn't been too far away from theirs but their resilience at one end and quality at the other has been much better than us."

Try not picking the players who are literally making these errors game after game after game then

Is McKenna close to being back if not will he use Soh, seems unwilling to give him a shot which seems harsh he didn't disgrace himself when he did play? We need to start with Guerrero behind Taylor and start with the mindset of getting a lead not the hope to keep it 0-0 and maybe knick a goal.

Is McKenna close to being back if not will he use Soh, seems unwilling to give him a shot which seems harsh he didn't disgrace himself when he did play? We need to start with Guerrero behind Taylor and start with the mindset of getting a lead not the hope to keep it 0-0 and maybe knick a goal.
Agree with that, but I'm far from convinced by Guerrero, but I suppose with the players available there isn't a viable alternative

He said: "It's hugely disappointing and it's probably the most disappointed I've been during this run of games. I wanted us to start the game better than what we did but we were up against a very well drilled team who started better than we did. We can't afford to give these teams a leg-up and we've conceded three really poor goals and not taken our own chances at the other end.

"Brentford showed us why they are where they are because it wasn't one of their better performances but they've capitalised on the mistakes that we made. In a game where we haven't started as well as we would have liked to, you cannot afford to concede a poor goal to put them in front as we did.

"These aren't structural or formational problems, these are individual mistakes that are costing us because at the moment we don't have the ability at the other end to capitalise on the good positions that we're getting ourselves into. The two things that I continue to speak about is that we are conceding poor goals and not taking our chances at the other end of the pitch.

"I thought the decision to rule Anthony's goal out was harsh. I think there will be numerous goals scored up and down the country that will be exactly the same that wouldn't have been disallowed. I was also disappointed with the sending off because Anthony says he got a touch from the lad's arm and now we'll lose him for Tuesday's game.

"It has been a tough run for us and this run has given us a clear indication of where we are compared to the top teams in the division. Our level of performance hasn't been too far away from theirs but their resilience at one end and quality at the other has been much better than us."

Try not picking the players who are literally making these errors game after game after game then
Exactly

Agree with that, but I'm far from convinced by Guerrero, but I suppose with the players available there isn't a viable alternative
He's the only one who looks like he can link the play, lolleys been tried there and did nothing at least Guerrero gets hold of it and looks to bring Taylor and the wide players in. Taylor looked a lot more lively with him on.

He's the only one who looks like he can link the play, lolleys been tried there and did nothing at least Guerrero gets hold of it and looks to bring Taylor and the wide players in. Taylor looked a lot more lively with him on.
Yes he does try to bring others into play it's just that he often wants to take that extra touch and finishes up losing the ball, but he's probably the best option we have available T'll be all academic anyway as we'll no doubt pack the team with Defensive midfielders as usual

We can all pick out scapegoats, but Forest haven't really played well as a team for a long time.

Purple patches here and there without the continuity you see in clips from the good old days. My phone gives me highlights from 1979 or 1983 and it's fascinating to see that in 83 Robbo and Birtles were still there (or had returned) - it was a side in transition, but they still usually passed to each other.

Is it too much to ask that a manager, one of these days, gets a team to do that again?

Just watched Worral he is proper pissed off, the changing room clearly isn't together and a fair few just there to collect a wage. He's saying it's got to come from the players, the manager has to play some part in that he has to pull them together and remove the ones who aren't bothering. Use the squad it's huge even some of the u23s at least they will give their all.