#COVID19 | Page 628 | Vital Football

#COVID19

You're the one saying they were heavily involved but refusing to give any evidence. Show some, it's not complicated.

And this is a discussion about Jackie Walker who you are supporting who specifically said "Jews were the chief financiers of the slave trade". Which is not true no matter how many David Icke videos that you watch.
I'm scared of getting involved in this discussion because of the way it's been weaponised by the Tories and the media that protects the Tories.

What we do know is it played a massive part of another Tory parliament.

You're the one saying they were heavily involved but refusing to give any evidence. Show some, it's not complicated.

And this is a discussion about Jackie Walker who you are supporting who specifically said "Jews were the chief financiers of the slave trade". Which is not true no matter how many David Icke videos that you watch.

and I'm defending her right of 'free thought', regardless of whether she is right or wrong.

I'm scared of getting involved in this discussion because of the way it's been weaponised by the Tories and the media that protects the Tories.

What we do know is it played a massive part of another Tory parliament.

It did, which is part why Starmer is trying to remove that arrow from their quiver. Rather than support those endeavours though a large chunk of the left continues to defend anti-semitism and attack their leader. Rather playing into the Tory hands isn't it?

I've read his book 'Adults in the Room' He doesn't like Lagarde and her part in the Greek tragedy. I can't recommend it as it's tough going, but I wanted to understand about Greeks relationship with the EU and why, when I was in Cephalonia, people hated the EU so much.

I will bet that, having not read the book, Yanis omits the three main points regarding the Greek Tragedy, as you so eloquently call it.

The first one, the biggee; they should never have been allowed into the EU in the first place.

They did not comply with any of the entrance criteria, and it is doubtful if they have done since.

They managed to con Valerie Giscard D'estaing into campaigning on their behalf under the false premise that if Greece joined, Turkey would never want to.

VGD fell for it hook line and sinker; and who did he turn to, to help Greece cook the books and make it look like they were compliant?

His good friend in London, Margaret, who despatched one of the big accountancy firms to Athens to put the books straight; unfortunately the straightening of the books turned out to be a monumental work of fiction, one that Margaret's big chum, Jeffrey would have been proud of - ordinarily Jeffrey would have lent a hand but he was busy that week end entertaining hookers at his Thameside apartment.

Thatcher was very keen to improve relations with France at the time and thought she could do business with VGD; there were a number of her private notes declassified a while back, they made fascinating reading, particularly the contrast between what was happening in private and the headline grabbing guff being spouted in public.

I'm afraid the Greek people can complain all the like about the EU, but their problems are entirely self inflicted over generations and they just do not have the will to sort it out.

Once the cradle of Democracy now a basket case.

There's literally hundreds of sources and I know you're not that stupid that you can't use Google to find them.

At the end of the day you and JW both agree that Jews were involved in the slave trade (unless you're claiming that not a single Jew was involved?). The only difference is, as far as I can see is 'how much' they were involved. Is the 'level' that you think acceptable but JW's is unacceptable? If so then it looks to me very much like a 'thought crime'
Were they involved in the slave trade as Jews?

What has their religion got to do with it, and why would you single out that particular group?

Don't tell me to just Google it, back up the point.

Seems bizarre to single out Jews in the slave trade unless you can explain what about them as a group is relevant.

Why not pick out Freemasons, Morris dancers or Whig politicians for example?

Were they involved in the slave trade as Jews?

What has their religion got to do with it, and why would you single out that particular group?

Don't tell me to just Google it, back up the point.

Seems bizarre to single out Jews in the slave trade unless you can explain what about them as a group is relevant.

Why not pick out Freemasons, Morris dancers or Whig politicians for example?
Why are you do this again? This is exactly the same as the Lewis Hamilton episode. We are talking about what Jackie Walker has said/done. IT'S NOT ME SINGLING ANY GROUP OUT

It did, which is part why Starmer is trying to remove that arrow from their quiver. Rather than support those endeavours though a large chunk of the left continues to defend anti-semitism and attack their leader. Rather playing into the Tory hands isn't it?
They aren't defending anti-semitism. They're defending a man who's been attacked by those weaponising this.

And Starmer changed his tune. Because he backed Corbyn regarding this before he was Labour leader. But guess what I can't find the clip on youtube. I wonder why?
Because it's buried under clips of Corbyn being suspended by Starmer.

The only way I've ever seen the term 'self hating Jew' is to describe someone who is opposed to Israel and its political aims.
I would say its anti-semitic in terms of the fact that is uses the very tropes CP talks about as expectations.
Wait, this Jew doesn't want to keep 4-5million people in an open air prison? Self hating Jew.
Wait this Jew wants to talk about human rights over money and capital? They must hate real Jews.

If you define self hating Jew as someone who hates their 'Jewishness', you have to also describe what that Jewishness means to you and what it is you think they hate, and how that makes them self hating.

Its also interesting to me that the only person here who has any actual experience of antisemitism is the only person who is a self-hating Jew according to CP.

I would be more inclined to listen to what they have to say about the issue, but unfortunately his politics doesn't allow CP to do that, so a semi-racist slur is all you get.

The only way I've ever seen the term 'self hating Jew' is to describe someone who is opposed to Israel and its political aims.
I would say its anti-semitic in terms of the fact that is uses the very tropes CP talks about as expectations.
Wait, this Jew doesn't want to keep 4-5million people in an open air prison? Self hating Jew.
Wait this Jew wants to talk about human rights over money and capital? They must hate real Jews.

If you define self hating Jew as someone who hates their 'Jewishness', you have to also describe what that Jewishness means to you and what it is you think they hate, and how that makes them self hating.

Its also interesting to me that the only person here who has any actual experience of antisemitism is the only person who is a self-hating Jew according to CP.

I would be more inclined to listen to what they have to say about the issue, but unfortunately his politics doesn't allow CP to do that, so a semi-racist slur is all you get.
I don't know if what I'm about to say is going to be out of order. I apologise to everyone if it is.

Why is all this so entwined in British politics?

Why does Israel give money to those Labour MP's who's in the LFI?

Surely our politics would be better off not taking foreign money. Same with the Tories with their Russian oligarch. Imagine the headlines If Corbyn was taking money from them.

What did happen to the Russia report and Boris Johnson?

They aren't defending anti-semitism. They're defending a man who's been attacked by those weaponising this.

And Starmer changed his tune. Because he backed Corbyn regarding this before he was Labour leader. But guess what I can't find the clip on youtube. I wonder why?
Because it's buried under clips of Corbyn being suspended by Starmer.

Hes gone. All the matters is beating the Tories. Grow up and move on.

Learn what a word means, not what you think it means. I can't legislate for ignorance.

Why are you do this again? This is exactly the same as the Lewis Hamilton episode. We are talking about what Jackie Walker has said/done. IT'S NOT ME SINGLING ANY GROUP OUT

Change of subject, in your opinion what should Starmer do about a potential Brexit deal?