Team v Exeter | Page 6 | Vital Football

Team v Exeter

Gills not predatory enough up front when it counts. Samuel failing to make it 2-0 cost us the game. Changing our recently established back four might not have been the smartest of moves by SE, unless Medley is injured.
Exeter up for it and worked harder than Gills, they deservedly won.

Fairly beaten by a better side.
They looked sharp and kept possession beautifully.
I was hoping to drag them into our type of game but they were quality on and off the ball.
Evans should make our lads watch that on Monday to show their movement off the ball to make space.
We’ve a long way to go.
Hopefully we’ll be going to Exeter next season.

I do hope you've not caught localitis and are going native down there.

I don't think I've ever seen a game with five goals that was this bad before. Credit to Exeter, took their chances well and one complete clanger aside defended well.

How disappointing was that. Appalling first half defensive show and rarely won a first or second ball over the pitch. The whole team looked like they had taken performance destroying drugs. Well done Exeter.

Did Graham injure himself picking the ball up from the RE tunnel? That would sum today up.

Let's be honest a team from league 2 totally outplayed us. We were lucky against Woking as well.

Truth is we are one dimensional, long throw in merchants and not very good at that.

Take Graham out the team and we would be utter shit to watch.

Long winter ahead looking over our shoulders.
Spot on Mark. Best we can hope for is survival both financially and staying in L2 this season. One dimensional sums it up.

Very poor today I’m not sure how anyone can say Jackson isn’t league one standard - although he wasn’t great today he has played a fair few games in league one over the years and he wouldn’t be playing now if he wasn’t ! What’s happened to Ogilvie ??

Very poor today I’m not sure how anyone can say Jackson isn’t league one standard - although he wasn’t great today he has played a fair few games in league one over the years and he wouldn’t be playing now if he wasn’t ! What’s happened to Ogilvie ??
Welcome back 😁

He may have been league one before but he's not now unless long aimless punts is league one standard. He doesn't even have the pace he once had either.

Mind you I can aim that "aimless punt" criticism at the rest of the defenders as well.

He's playing league one for us as he's all we can afford to spend on a right back. I am sure if Evans had the money he would upgrade Jackson and most of the rest of the players.

I will rephrase my comment though "in my humble opinion Jackson is not league one standard".

In Jackson's first spell the first season was fantastic, I'd go so far as to say he was the third best player at the club at that time (behind Egan and Dack) but he's just not the same player. Doesn't get forward as well and hasn't made up for it by learning to defend better.

He may have been league one before but he's not now unless long aimless punts is league one standard. He doesn't even have the pace he once had either.

Mind you I can aim that "aimless punt" criticism at the rest of the defenders as well.

He's playing league one for us as he's all we can afford to spend on a right back. I am sure if Evans had the money he would upgrade Jackson and most of the rest of the players.

I will rephrase my comment though "in my humble opinion Jackson is not league one standard".
Mark il be guided by your comments as you will have seen more of him than I - I always keep an eye on the gills results but I won’t be coming back until Evans goes. Is Samuels any good this time round?
and apart from Graham are we really any better with Evans in charge ? Just because I don’t like evans doesn’t mean I want to get in a debate about him I’m more interested in the team

Mark il be guided by your comments as you will have seen more of him than I - I always keep an eye on the gills results but I won’t be coming back until Evans goes. Is Samuels any good this time round?
and apart from Graham are we really any better with Evans in charge ? Just because I don’t like evans doesn’t mean I want to get in a debate about him I’m more interested in the team

Evans has his hands tied as we have the smallest budget in the known universe. There are pub teams with bigger budgets (not confirmed just reading between Steves lines).

Some of the players are not good enough but they were brought in to add bodies. Graham and Dempsey look very good players and its my view that Evans played a big role in signing them. They didn't come here for the money or the glitz of the Medway Towns.

The team plays a very one dimensional style based on long throws. I don't like that but perhaps he's playing the probabilities and sees that as our best chance to score.

Samuel has been very disappointing. Goes to ground far too easily and refs aren't buying it.

We will do well to stay up and survive this season. If we do both of those its been a successful season.

However by not watching on ifollow you are missing out on seeing Jordan Graham, he is the one creative light in a bland team.

Last edited:
Evans has his hands tied as we have the smallest budget in the known universe. There are pub teams with bigger budgets (not confirmed just reading between Steves lines).

Some of the players are not good enough but they were brought in to add bodies. Graham and Dempsey look very good players and its my view that Evans played a big role in signing them. They didn't come here for the money or the glitz of the Medway Towns.

The team plays a very one dimensional style based on long throws. I don't like that but perhaps he's playing the probabilities and sees that as our best chance to score.

Samuel has been very disappointing. Goes to ground far too easily and refs are buying it.

We will do well to stay up and survive this season. If we do both of those its been a successful season.

However by not watching on ifollow you are missing out on seeing Jordan Graham, he is the one creative light in a bland team.
Cheers pal

IMHO this was THE most important game of the season so far. We really needed to get into round 3 for a potential money spinning tie (TV etc).

If Exeter draw a real big un I will feel like slitting the wrists. Departures and arrivals badly needed in Jan if we are to stay in L1.

IMHO this was THE most important game of the season so far. We really needed to get into round 3 for a potential money spinning tie (TV etc).

If Exeter draw a real big un I will feel like slitting the wrists. Departures and arrivals badly needed in Jan if we are to stay in L1.
Totally agree Phil this was a huge game - that cup run we had a few seasons ago ie the win v Cardiff and the next round to Swansea provided a lot of money to the club. Evans is not a good coach amd he always brings in other players at the turn of a hat rather than having any talent himself to improve a team. Let’s be honest we all know about Jackson’s long thrown and it worked for a while but then other teams saw through it a few seasons ago. You have to have to be able to play the ball on the floor and move it quickly. Look what Exeter did today