The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Engels, doesn't get out of the way of shots in his direction. But he doesn't seem happy to stray over the halfway line, which it would seem is a big minus.

I love Axel.

I do too. Far from perfect, quite erratic, sometimes poor positionally... but there's something about him that is just fun to watch. He had a gift of being able to recover from some precarious positions in the Championship. I haven't seen much of him at United but he's getting champions league experience, fair play to him.

I do too. Far from perfect, quite erratic, sometimes poor positionally... but there's something about him that is just fun to watch. He had a gift of being able to recover from some precarious positions in the Championship. I haven't seen much of him at United but he's getting champions league experience, fair play to him.

By all accounts he has done fine. To qualify my comment I love all the players who played in our promotion run in , just a brilliant time.

All I want in January is a fucking vaccine the summer is the time to buy players.

Don't really think it'd be sensible to replace 8+ players in the summer.

Kalinic --------4th choice
Lansbury ------Out of contract
Taylor----------Out of contract
Elmohamady -Out of contract
Hause---------One year left
Guilbert-------Said he'll go in the summer without first team football
Hourihane----Times probably up
El Ghazi ------Times up
Barkley-------Barkley or a replacement
Potentially a replacement for Luiz too.

That's 10 out you'd be looking to get 9 or so in as we don't need 4 keepers, I can't see us offering Hause a new contract nor can i see us running it out either when we're desperate for some quality.

If you're Aston Villa you've got to be thinking right we need at least 2-3 in Jan to lessen the burden in the summer and get some of the lads settled.

Although yes I'd definitely welcome a vaccine!

Last edited:
Don't really think it'd be sensible to replace 8+ players in the summer.

Kalinic --------4th choice
Lansbury ------Out of contract
Taylor----------Out of contract
Elmohamady -Out of contract
Hause---------One year left
Guilbert-------Said he'll go in the summer without first team football
Hourihane----Times probably up
El Ghazi ------Times up
Barkley-------Barkley or a replacement
Potentially a replacement for Luiz too.

That's 10 out you'd be looking to get 9 or so in as we don't need 4 keepers, I can't see us offering Hause a new contract nor can i see us running it out either when we're desperate for some quality.

If you're Aston Villa you've got to be thinking right we need at least 2-3 in Jan to lessen the burden in the summer and get some of the lads settled.

Although yes I'd definitely welcome a vaccine!
I think they'll give Hause a new contract. Left footed homegrown centre backs are hard to come by and he's coming into what should be his peak years of performance.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they give Elmohamady a new contract, he's getting on a bit but he did a decent job for us when called upon at the end of last season and he won't be expected to play more than 10 or so games as back up for Cash.

Hourihane is a question mark, I think he's popular with the players and I think the coaches like having him around as back up, but I think Hourihane (wrongly) sees himself as a Premier League starter and seems frustrated at his lack of game time and when he gets subbed off. Maybe he will be moved on.

Kalinic and Lansbury are unimportant and won't be replaced. El Ghazi was already replaced by Traore.

Important signings are:
Left back (Taylor out).

Attacking playmaker to replace Barkley unless Grealish is planning on moving inside, in which case a left winger will be needed.

Central defence (Engels out).

I don't think we will sign more than 5 first team players in the next two windows. 5 top class players, big money players.

Problem. I don't think we can sign players to sit on the bench, otherwise we might as well stick with existing players. It's not so much a problem if we're prepared to rotate players but Dean doesn't seem to think like that, except for cup games.

Problem. I don't think we can sign players to sit on the bench, otherwise we might as well stick with existing players. It's not so much a problem if we're prepared to rotate players but Dean doesn't seem to think like that, except for cup games.

No but we need players who are competing for a place in the starting eleven and providing competition for places. Not sure we are at that stage atm.

Antonio’s contract runs out in the summer. I know he’s 30 now but think he’s a cracking player and different to anything else we have in the front line.

Hourihane is a question mark, I think he's popular with the players and I think the coaches like having him around as back up, but I think Hourihane (wrongly) sees himself as a Premier League starter and seems frustrated at his lack of game time and when he gets subbed off. Maybe he will be moved on.

No matter what anyone says he is a consummate professional and he is the type of lad you want around. I think he wrongly see's that too but I also appreciate that he does see that because the alternative is he accepts he isnt and isnt bothered. Thats the fine line.

Antonio’s contract runs out in the summer. I know he’s 30 now but think he’s a cracking player and different to anything else we have in the front line.

Wow, I didn't realise he was 30, if asked I would have said 24 or 25!

Then again I do remember him playing for Sheff Weds almost 10 years ago so that would of made him a professional footballer at around the age of 14

Wow, I didn't realise he was 30, if asked I would have said 24 or 25!

Then again I do remember him playing for Sheff Weds almost 10 years ago so that would of made him a professional footballer at around the age of 14

He was probably one of those kids that was that big at 14! Good player, I think he’s improved a lot over the years. Just shows how good you can be at football at any level if you just do the basics well. I have a feeling he was a defender when he started out too, fair play to him for moving upfield as a professional if I’m not dreaming that.

Status
Not open for further replies.