Aston Villa v Southampton Thread - 1st Nov - 12 noon | Page 26 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Southampton Thread - 1st Nov - 12 noon

Great finish from Jack but once the other side have stuffed four goals in already then anything that happens after that is moot.

There's something very wrong here IMO.

With visiting Arsenal away next week all the good work rapidly being undone by predictable line ups and tactics.

Our thin squad and insipid bench will be our undoing. We won't change because we can't. The days of 1980/81 13 players are long gone. You need to be able to tweak a winning line up aswell I'm afraid .

We turned up second half. Played some really good football. Maybe Southampton had taken their foot off the gas, but it can't be taken from Smith and co that we came out swinging.

Actually a bit disappointed we didn't get a point by the end of it. Some positivity there though. Maybe we have learned a few lessons overall. Such a shame we had such dire defending in the first half. Annoyed for Trez too. He had some powerful shots (that bullet header was a highlight) that would have gone in on another day.

They did score some worldies too. I'm sure he'll scuff his next ten free kicks now. Yes we invited those shots, but it's no mean feat taking those chances.

Happy to be pissed off after being so resigned at half time. Oh well, hopefully take that energy into the next game.

why aint mings marking there tallest player on corners instead of mcginn we gave them that then when we have a free kick no one running in just hitting it straight at keeper

As much as I love to see Villa score 3 late goals nevertheless, it will give Smith a get out of jail card he will use in his post-match interview not that I ever watch them these days.

It's not a knee-jerk reaction as I said weeks ago I fully expect more of the same clueless tactics followed by yet more excuses and promises that are never fulfilled

Most unedifying that match, the 3 goals back were nice, fine, but we were already 4 down. Saints simply took their foot off the pedal, thankfully, and then lost momentum.

Not sure what our tactics are. Not sure where our shape was, especially first half.