Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 184 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

I dont kow if anyone has posted it, but I just listened to Radio 5 live interview both OGS and Klopp, both of them demanding a rethink on five substitutes.
This Liverpool - United thing, trying to change things wont go away will it.
Someone needs to have a strong word in their ears.

And I think they think if people don't play ball, next time there are tv negotiations, they will breakaway and want individual deals. Hopefully other clubs hold firm, they can have their own deals but they would mean very little if all the other clubs refused to play against them.

Mixed feelings on this one, as I dont drink.
However I am not anti booze so, yes its ok.
However I think our stewards need to police the Holte End in particular a lot better.
I always like to get 3/4 of the way toward the back of the stand, and last season got sick and tired of fans who were quite clearly off their faces being allowed into the stadium.
On two occasions last season a fan totally pissed ruined the game for everyone around him, and two young girls in particular.
Despite going off too the toilets twice in the first half, barely able to stand, going passed a steward he was allowed to return.
Shouldnt happen.

I rarely drink myself and had a few glasses of wine last weekend after nearly 8 months without, I also can’t drink the beer served inside football grounds so this isn’t me begging for change because I want to drink beer in my seat, I just think it’s common sense. People will turn up to grounds pissed because they know they can’t drink in the stand, they binge drink beforehand. Same at half time. I’m sure you’d still get the sorts of people you mention, I’ve been quite pissed myself a few times but I think (Or at least I’d like to think) if you were allowed to drink in the stand again then people on the whole would pace themselves a bit more, would certainly ease congestion on the concourse at HT.

And I think they think if people don't play ball, next time there are tv negotiations, they will breakaway and want individual deals. Hopefully other clubs hold firm, they can have their own deals but they would mean very little if all the other clubs refused to play against them.
Would just add to that, Pep has now come out and said the same.
Sounds like an organised rebellion.

I rarely drink myself and had a few glasses of wine last weekend after nearly 8 months without, I also can’t drink the beer served inside football grounds so this isn’t me begging for change because I want to drink beer in my seat, I just think it’s common sense. People will turn up to grounds pissed because they know they can’t drink in the stand, they binge drink beforehand. Same at half time. I’m sure you’d still get the sorts of people you mention, I’ve been quite pissed myself a few times but I think (Or at least I’d like to think) if you were allowed to drink in the stand again then people on the whole would pace themselves a bit more, would certainly ease congestion on the concourse at HT.
I forgot to put in the first post that what really worries me with regard to all of this is the police roll in this.
They are there, surely to police what the elected politicians decide to put in place at the request of the electorate, not to set the agenda.
We are not a police state yet.

Another thing with regards to the drink, when I’ve been to games abroad they’ve had people walking up and down the stairs in the stands selling beer from a big backpack that they dispense it from (Germany) or from a tray with numerous cups of beer and soft drinks poured ready (Italy), so if this law was changed you may not even need to leave your seat to get a drink which would again help with the social distancing aspect.

Drinking warm Heineken from a plastic bottle in the concourse, no one actually enjoys that do they?

As for drinking in grounds, might work one day but knowing the English you’ll get some piss head who can’t hold his drink literally which spills onto the person in front and you’ll get the odd plastic bottle flying with a yellow liquid in it and you just hope it’s beer. Last thing I want to do is get in my car covered in piss due to some arse wipe being a twat.

Yes . Easy to forget that football at the moment is just going through the motions and is an empty soulless product without fans.

Not really sure why I'm bothered as whatever we do I won't be there this season to share it.

Is there an election soon. First they are giving everyone a 'normal' xmas , next they are banning petrol and diesel cars , now this ?.

How can they possibly be saying this when the shit is going to hit the fan with the R rate because they are going to give in to the moaners banging on about having a roast dinner with 25 other people.

You're on my wavelength mate. Lets kill Granny make her last Christmas one to remember.