Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 182 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

I haven't got a problem with the experience - I mean it's Covid not their fault.
I haven't even got a problem with giving them £15 to watch each game - it would help replace the lost crowd revenue.

What I have a problem with is paying over £32 (on an offer) to Sky, paying £7 to Amazon Prime, Paying £25 to BT then paying 3x £15
.....to watch Villa play 3 games!!

Not so long back we were all being told that matchday revenue makes no odds to any PL team, with the amount they all make from global tv deals. Now they have the slightest opportunity some are pleading poverty because of the covid situation.
I think its just an opportunistic money grab from the PL. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if when covid finally starts to disappear they will still try and push this PPV as a permanent thing.
Next they will try and bring back that other ridiculous idea of playing a few PL games in the US, Dubai and China
Personally I would rather watch it round my mates house on his dodgy firestick than give these fuckers a penny

So my idea.............
Why don't they get old footage of crowds and super-impose it onto the empty stands. When a goal is scored show the stand erupting....

Out of interest, would you be happier paying 15 per match if clubs donated half of that amount to lower league teams? They won't of course, just wondered.

I know I might get a load of rotten fruit thrown at me here but.....

Apparently the fee goes to the two teams. The teams have lost all the revenue that used to come from the fans attendance. SO....you could say that this is directly supporting your teams.

Now I think Villa are lucky with our owners but for some other clubs this might help them.

PS I see Villa haven't been picked once for TV in the next month which is outrageous and as a sky subscriber makes me want to find a bl00dy illegal stream!!
Sky can have no complaints if people search out other ways of watching football, legal or otherwise.
At £15 per game they have pitched this ridiculously high giving themselves nowhere to go for future price rises.
Agree with the post by B38 highlighting Henry Winters column.

Out of interest, would you be happier paying 15 per match if clubs donated half of that amount to lower league teams? They won't of course, just wondered.

This is a funny one. It would be nice of the Premier League to help out the rest of the football pyramid but can you think of any other industry where a big company would help out a competitor? Plus some Championship clubs have some super rich owners, Burnley owner(s) worth £65m apparently and Barnsley’s £6bn so why would they want to help?

This is a funny one. It would be nice of the Premier League to help out the rest of the football pyramid but can you think of any other industry where a big company would help out a competitor? Plus some Championship clubs have some super rich owners, Burnley owner(s) worth £65m apparently and Barnsley’s £6bn so why would they want to help?

That's a very valid point. It's easy to assume that lower league teams are on the breadline

Sky can have no complaints if people search out other ways of watching football, legal or otherwise.
At £15 per game they have pitched this ridiculously high giving themselves nowhere to go for future price rises.
Agree with the post by B38 highlighting Henry Winters column.
But the money goes directly to the clubs - the broadcasters don't get anything. That's what leaves a bitter taste I think, especially considering the eye-watering sums spent during the transfer window.

But the money goes directly to the clubs - the broadcasters don't get anything. That's what leaves a bitter taste I think, especially considering the eye-watering sums spent during the transfer window.
Sorry mate I scan read it and that bit didnt go into my aged brain.
So this actually makes it worse for me because the price of some of the concessions last season wasnt far short of this amount, and that was to watch the real deal, in the stadium not some soulless lifeless tv game.
This is the first chance the clubs, who are always bleating on about fans and community have had to pay something back and they have blown it.
This will also encourage mates to go to each others houses to watch the game, not a good idea.

IMO the Government have got all the CoronaVirus approach wrong.
Build a sense of community and ask people to support the things that cannot operate normally to keep them alive for afterwards. I have been buying albums from bands I like from their own websites to help them through this time. I may start paying for virtual concerts to help them too. If I liked a museum etc. the same too.

If I liked going to the local pub - I would consider helping them in some way. When they are/were open but allowed less in I would have considered paying more per pint to help them keep the staff on.

I know we see football as a huge rip-off billionaire thing BUT they get millions and in our case have spend millions. I want Villa to buy these players - it's exciting - and if they had said "If you can afford it, can you support us in some way - we are losing the ticket sales" we may have rallied around the club.

PS I've lost my self-employed job during Covid and get no Gov support - I have savings so not looking for sympathy.

Feel free to flame me alive for my views.
:jangel:

I have no idea?

It's got to be an extreme amalgamation of all the pub/cinema/outdoor theatre/serve substantial meal rules (or should I say loopholes) in an effort to show just how batshit this has now become.

I have no idea?

It's got to be an extreme amalgamation of all the pub/cinema/outdoor theatre/serve substantial meal rules (or should I say loopholes) in an effort to show just how batshit this has now become.

They are exploiting the loophole of outdoor cinemas being exempt from the rules.

Caught that suggestion, but it seems the screening is within the stadium suite not actually via the terraces as well.