Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 183 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Jeff Stelling mentioned it on Soccer Saturday earlier today and Norwich weren’t the only ones doing it, can’t remember who else. He decided not to make a comment which said it all really.

Saw plenty of comments of clubs doing similar but didn't track down which clubs, very much sounded like a 'message' to the Gov given how daft it is you can attend a stadium to watch coverage of a match but not to attend a bloody match.

Guessed it was some sort of combined 'drive' by clubs.

Jeff's comment of 'no comment' sums it up perfectly lol

So Rooney had a mate visit his house last week who has since tested positive for Covid. I thought mixing households wasn't allowed.

Apparently WHU v Man Citeh this weekend [Sat] is being shown in some Vue Cinemas. One of the venues showing the game is the Vue Cinema London, Westfield Stratford. This is 0.5 miles from the ground where nobody is allowed in. But 100 fans can watch it indoors for £6.99 just half a mile away as long as they wear masks [unless they are eating or drinking].

Apparently WHU v Man Citeh this weekend [Sat] is being shown in some Vue Cinemas. One of the venues showing the game is the Vue Cinema London, Westfield Stratford. This is 0.5 miles from the ground where nobody is allowed in. But 100 fans can watch it indoors for £6.99 just half a mile away as long as they wear masks [unless they are eating or drinking].

what a farce

As above, absolute farce. #fuckborisjohnson

Chester City were to host drive-in cinema events. It was planned to use a car park for 6 nights but it was then realised that the car park was on the Welsh part of the ground and the toilet facilities in the stand were on the English side. So they're having to relocate as you cant cross the border for a pee.
As if this isn't mad enough, the English/Welsh border runs through the centre of the pitch - this was going to be problem when Chester play their first home game after the Welsh lockdown was introduced. Apparently though, the rules don't apply as they are classed as Elite Sport.
The match is against Marine [from Waterloo]

Nearly 16,700 people watched the CL game last week between Zenit and Club Brugge.
About 10,500 were at Krasnodar's game against Chelsea last night.

I watched some of lokomotiv v Bayern Tuesday evening and there was a fairly big crowd inside for that one.
Yeah, I saw that game ..... as you mentioned it I looked up what has been reported and apparently there were over 8,000 in the ground that has a capacity of circa 27,000. The Russians are just determined to keep fans at the games. It seems to be the same in Ukraine - apparently the attendance for Dynamo Kiev v Juve last week was nearly 15,000

Yeah, I saw that game ..... as you mentioned it I looked up what has been reported and apparently there were over 8,000 in the ground that has a capacity of circa 27,000. The Russians are just determined to keep fans at the games. It seems to be the same in Ukraine - apparently the attendance for Dynamo Kiev v Juve last week was nearly 15,000

I was surprised with that attendance figure, thought it looked like more.

I get the FSF email every week, this week there’s a link to an article regarding alcohol at football grounds. The Premier League and EFL want this law scrapped to help with social distancing at grounds not to mention the law is outdated and victimises football fans anyway. The UK football policing unit are the sticking point as ever like with SAFE standing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-kingdom-football-policing-unit-b1445403.html

I dont kow if anyone has posted it, but I just listened to Radio 5 live interview both OGS and Klopp, both of them demanding a rethink on five substitutes.
This Liverpool - United thing, trying to change things wont go away will it.
Someone needs to have a strong word in their ears.

I get the FSF email every week, this week there’s a link to an article regarding alcohol at football grounds. The Premier League and EFL want this law scrapped to help with social distancing at grounds not to mention the law is outdated and victimises football fans anyway. The UK football policing unit are the sticking point as ever like with SAFE standing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-kingdom-football-policing-unit-b1445403.html
Mixed feelings on this one, as I dont drink.
However I am not anti booze so, yes its ok.
However I think our stewards need to police the Holte End in particular a lot better.
I always like to get 3/4 of the way toward the back of the stand, and last season got sick and tired of fans who were quite clearly off their faces being allowed into the stadium.
On two occasions last season a fan totally pissed ruined the game for everyone around him, and two young girls in particular.
Despite going off too the toilets twice in the first half, barely able to stand, going passed a steward he was allowed to return.
Shouldnt happen.

Mixed feelings on this one, as I dont drink.
However I am not anti booze so, yes its ok.
However I think our stewards need to police the Holte End in particular a lot better.
I always like to get 3/4 of the way toward the back of the stand, and last season got sick and tired of fans who were quite clearly off their faces being allowed into the stadium.
On two occasions last season a fan totally pissed ruined the game for everyone around him, and two young girls in particular.
Despite going off too the toilets twice in the first half, barely able to stand, going passed a steward he was allowed to return.
Shouldnt happen.
Sorry about that it was my birthday :LOL: