FAO Nobby | Page 2 | Vital Football

FAO Nobby

My father is an ex police officer as is my brother and my uncle.
Two of my close friends are. recently retired police officers.
I have nothing but respect for the police and the difficult job that they do.
I have listened to the frustration in their voices as they feel that they are being asked to their job with one arm tied behind their back with little or no support from the powers that be.
Anyway, that is probably a discussion for another day.
For now, Nobby and all the poor mans colleagues, friends and family, my heartfelt condolences.

My best mate is a Sgt at Limehouse station. The stories he tells about lack of resources is quite frightening. And to quote him - if I don’t leave when I’m 55 it will kill me. Hats off to all.
Spot in re resources. I've been banging on about that issue for ages. Even if the 20,000 losses of staff are recouperated it isn't much use without all the necessary back up services that have been decimated.

Urgently need-
More stations/cells/ mental health care/drug treatment/forensic staff/ CPS staff.

Ps - resources have been more than "decimated".

My best mate is a Sgt at Limehouse station. The stories he tells about lack of resources is quite frightening. And to quote him - if I don’t leave when I’m 55 it will kill me. Hats off to all.
Exactly what I'm doing Tim. Not many stay on for the full 30 years service now, I'm off next September, 55 with 25 years service. That'll do me.
340 days to go, not that I'm counting.

Exactly what I'm doing Tim. Not many stay on for the full 30 years service now, I'm off next September, 55 with 25 years service. That'll do me.

Dosser 😉

Totally agree, every death is a tragedy, moreover when so close to home though IMO. As I said, they were the words of a member if the public and, as I also said, I'm making no comment.
I will wager though that this brave officers name will be forgotten by the general public long before George Floyd's. Sad but true 😒

Spot on. I agree that this officer will be long forgotten before Floyd, because those with an agenda, including the mainstream press and media and lots of politicians, will want to forget about this tragedy but not Floyd. This is in the same way that no one remembers the names of those completely innocent people stabbed to death not that far away in Reading a few months back and no one mentions the murderer or the brave officer there who run unarmed at the knife wielding maniac and restrained him (I haven’t seen any attention seeking dance acts commemorate that brave and selfless act).

Of course every death is a tragedy and people will be sad about the murder of George Floyd and this officer, but I make no apologies for being a lot more sad about the murder of Matt Ratana than George Floyd. There will be some people that will put this down to racism which isn’t at all true. It’s because this is more relevant to me as is 30 not 4000 miles away. It’s because the officer was bravely doing his job and died in the line of duty rather than being high on drugs and committing another crime (and I add that this in no way excuse the disgraceful brutal murder of George Floyd). It’s because I (and I dare say lot of us) know (and I work with) lots of good, honest coppers and I personally don’t know any career criminals or drug addicts.

Nobby is spot on.

Spot on. I agree that this officer will be long forgotten before Floyd, because those with an agenda, including the mainstream press and media and lots of politicians, will want to forget about this tragedy but not Floyd. This is in the same way that no one remembers the names of those completely innocent people stabbed to death not that far away in Reading a few months back and no one mentions the murderer or the brave officer there who run unarmed at the knife wielding maniac and restrained him (I haven’t seen any attention seeking dance acts commemorate that brave and selfless act).

Of course every death is a tragedy and people will be sad about the murder of George Floyd and this officer, but I make no apologies for being a lot more sad about the murder of Matt Ratana than George Floyd. There will be some people that will put this down to racism which isn’t at all true. It’s because this is more relevant to me as is 30 not 4000 miles away. It’s because the officer was bravely doing his job and died in the line of duty rather than being high on drugs and committing another crime (and I add that this in no way excuse the disgraceful brutal murder of George Floyd). It’s because I (and I dare say lot of us) know (and I work with) lots of good, honest coppers and I personally don’t know any career criminals or drug addicts.

Nobby is spot on.

I agree that this officer's death is more relevant and immediate for all of us and affects us more directly but please be more careful with what you say.
If it is Matiu Ratana we are remembering then let's do that. Let's name and remember him without any distraction, it's the least he deserves.

I agree that this officer's death is more relevant and immediate for all of us and affects us more directly but please be more careful with what you say.
If it is Matiu Ratana we are remembering then let's do that. Let's name and remember him without any distraction, it's the least he deserves.

Fully agree, but I think the backdrop of the recent campaign of hate and attempts to discredit our police is relevant and worth pointing out. In recent times, we’ve seen our police attacked and spat at by protesters - mainly BLM and connected groups but let’s not forget Robinson’s far right nut jobs, we’ve seen police drawn in to certain communities in south London and ambushed both on the streets and in illegal raves, I’ve even seen it closer to where I live in Greatstone where a coachload from south London hosted an illegal “cook up” on the beach which culminated in them fighting each other, locals, holidaymakers and then rounding on the police, who were trying to restore order.

Let’s honour this brave man, but let’s more generally have a look at how everyone in this country treats the police generally and let’s see them respected rather than hated or discredited (often in organised ways by people in supposedly responsible and public positions). There is a culture of disrespect to our police - a lot of which has come from the US - and it needs to stop or be stopped.

Last edited:
What do you fancy getting in to Nobby ?
I'm looking at UK Border Force as they take part time staff although covid has slowed down their recruitment. I'm also mates with one of the managers at Palace of Westminster security (he's my old skipper) and he's keeping an eye open for stuff down there for me so got a few things in mind.
Did consider Somali pirate patrols but Mrs Nobby isn't too happy about that 😁😁😁😁

I'm looking at UK Border Force as they take part time staff although covid has slowed down their recruitment. I'm also mates with one of the managers at Palace of Westminster security (he's my old skipper) and he's keeping an eye open for stuff down there for me so got a few things in mind.
Did consider Somali pirate patrols but Mrs Nobby isn't too happy about that 😁😁😁😁
I’ll have a word with Ken McCallum if you fancy long unsociable hours.
They don’t allow you to work from home. 😂

RIP

Am I allowed to be sad about the death of this police officer and George Floyd?

The massive majority will be sad about the news of both deaths mentioned in this post. It's not helpful trying to divide and stir things up further.

Nobby, in regards to your comment about Ashley Banjo from a member of the public, Banjo comes across a nice, humble chap and he's a dancer not a gangster. I'm sure Banjo and other black people who have campaigned for black lives matter will not be happy or celebrating another police officer's death. Okay he might not do a dance for this officer but he's naturally gonna stand up for a cause which is close to his heart the same as I would expect you to feel perhaps more pain when a fellow police officer has died.

Any death is a tragedy.
Well said Bromley. I really do not understand the animosity towards Ashley Banjo. If people feel that this incredibly sad incident warrants a dance, why don't they do one themselves?

Well said Bromley. I really do not understand the animosity towards Ashley Banjo. If people feel that this incredibly sad incident warrants a dance, why don't they do one themselves?

Considering I understand Banjo had his throat knelt on by a dancer posing as a police officer during his group's dance, I presume he would have no objection to a similar simulation of someone like Wayne Sleep wearing a police uniform as he is "shot".

Considering I understand Banjo had his throat knelt on by a dancer posing as a police officer during his group's dance, I presume he would have no objection to a similar simulation of someone like Wayne Sleep wearing a police uniform as he is "shot".
It's "black lives matter" remember

Off you go then. Have a chat with Banjo. I reckon he'd be up for it. You can volunteer to join in and play the police officer. Better still simply get together with ST and 3x6 and do your own dance...I am sure VG will muck in with you. Be proactive and show the world how much this incident means to you

Off you go then. Have a chat with Banjo. I reckon he'd be up for it. You can volunteer to join in and play the police officer. Better still simply get together with ST and 3x6 and do your own dance...I am sure VG will muck in with you. Be proactive and show the world how much this incident means to you

What's the matter with you?
Are you feeling ok ?