The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 332 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

I think niggling is a bit strong McP. He has an injury, he played this month, they expect him back soon.

Of more concern is those websites saying he won't play their next match because a move is imminent.

i know we should sell to make space, but i am strongly against shifting Samatta out of the club. am I the only one who feel this way? he only arrived in January and everyone looked at him to immediately score bucket loads. he is still finding his feet. we should give him another season. having watkins, samatta, davies and wesley would be ideal IMO.

i know we should sell to make space, but i am strongly against shifting Samatta out of the club. am I the only one who feel this way? he only arrived in January and everyone looked at him to immediately score bucket loads. he is still finding his feet. we should give him another season. having watkins, samatta, davies and wesley would be ideal IMO.

No you're not the only one. I think he has more about him than both Wesley and Davis. Would like to see what he can do in a side that isn't getting dicked on most weeks.

Definitely my preferred choice as backup for Watkins.

I actually thought he looked a bargain in his first few games. The 2 goals he scored were both excellent finishes that showed a real strikers instinct and were it not for the lockdown he might have hit the ground running.

Since the restart though he completely fell away and barely looked a footballer. His heading in particular was dreadful which was strange. Unless we know we've another striker coming in then I wouldn't get rid yet though. And if its a loan and he scores 20 goals in Turkey we can always have him back.

Few rumours suggesting we will announce something today. Surely it must be Traore signing - its all been agreed for a week now, we seem to be just waiting on the work permit.

All depends on who we are bringing in mate, Don't forget Watkins was Smith number-one target yet we were close to signing Callum Wilson allegedly, so I'm assuming this was as well as Watkins. If we are looking at 20/25m striker arriving we won't need Samata. Pretty shocked he got a 4-year deal but we were desperate in January, not so much now. We need to progress and at 27 he is as good as he will ever get

I don’t think we will be in the market for another striker. I think Samatta leaving is solely down to the fact we play with one striker (which will be Watkins) and therefore we don’t 4 senior strikers in the squad (plus Bertrand Traore who is versatile across the front 3)

Look at Baston last year, he was our third choice striker from January behind Samatta and Davis and he played about 10 minutes for us. Now that might have been because he’s rubbish but also because even when things aren’t going well how often will you ever want to play your third or fourth choice striker? Especially now we’ve got our number 1 target in it would be hardly ever to be honest.

All depends on who we are bringing in mate, Don't forget Watkins was Smith number-one target yet we were close to signing Callum Wilson allegedly, so I'm assuming this was as well as Watkins. If we are looking at 20/25m striker arriving we won't need Samata. Pretty shocked he got a 4-year deal but we were desperate in January, not so much now. We need to progress and at 27 he is as good as he will ever get
Seeing how complicated and difficult it seems to sign players. It does not surprise me that Sammatta got the contract he did, times are changing though.....

Seeing how complicated and difficult it seems to sign players. It does not surprise me that Sammatta got the contract he did, times are changing though.....

I think we have got so used to small-time we seem to want to keep players who are no more than benchwarmers.
I know we all love SJM but he doesn't even play every minute for a piss poor Scotland so really should he be an every minute player for us as he is at the moment?
We need players that can bench SJM not to back him up, it's tough but it's true

I think we have got so used to small-time we seem to want to keep players who are no more than benchwarmers.
I know we all love SJM but he doesn't even play every minute for a piss poor Scotland so really should he be an every minute player for us as he is at the moment?
This is the attitude we need to take if we're serious about pushing on. McGinn is a great example here, very good player for us as things stands and certainly very likeable but if the opportunity exists in the next window or so to sign a superior player and thus render McGinn a squad player then so be it.

This is the attitude we need to take if we're serious about pushing on. McGinn is a great example here, very good player for us as things stands and certainly very likeable but if the opportunity exists in the next window or so to sign a superior player and thus render McGinn a squad player then so be it.

Then you get the other extreme people saying Hourihane and Sammata are good back up , even some thinking they are starters . They are in fact prime players to be sold before they too become worthless like Lansbury and Jota etc

Hit the nail on the head, I said this the other day and the response was they never want to see SJM benched.