The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 333 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Hit the nail on the head, I said this the other day and the response was they never want to see SJM benched.

I'm sure he won't be at the moment but if we want to move on at some point even Jack will get subbed. Look at Man city when they leave out some of their top players and still win

I'm sure he won't be at the moment but if we want to move on at some point even Jack will get subbed. Look at Man city when they leave out some of their top players and still win

My point being was like yours you need to get better players and whoever does better in training, or shows more production on the pitch starts.

My biggest worry is that the players at the moment who are already playing second fiddle, or know we are bringing in better players haven't either got the desire to do well or got the skill to do so, you only have to look at the cup match where they should be taking their chances like it's their last shot.

Then you get the other extreme people saying Hourihane and Sammata are good back up , even some thinking they are starters . They are in fact prime players to be sold before they too become worthless like Lansbury and Jota etc
Yep. I'm not about to mourn the loss of a striker who scored 2 goals in 16 appearances for us. Especially one who didn't look at the races after the restart. The only thing I'd say is that we'd be stupid to give him to West Brom but he can certainly go to Turkey.

Yep. I'm not about to mourn the loss of a striker who scored 2 goals in 16 appearances for us. Especially one who didn't look at the races after the restart. The only thing I'd say is that we'd be stupid to give him to West Brom but he can certainly go to Turkey.

West Brom fans are split, some think he is shit, others think he will be an improvement, an then there's the ones that don't want him because he's from Villa :rofl:

I don't think we will give him to the Baggies but I'd certainly sell him at a profit, something we rarely do these days. Anything above the 8.5 we paid for him would be good business and gives us money for a stocking filler

Don't care where he goes. We needed him to deliver the goods during project lockdown and he failed miserably. If it wasn't for the much maligned Trez we would have gone down. I appreciate it wasn't an ideal time for a new striker from another Country to settle so quickly but that's when you need to show a bit of character and step up to the plate. He didn't during any of the last eight games and it nearly cost us.

My biggest worry is that the players at the moment who are already playing second fiddle, or know we are bringing in better players haven't either got the desire to do well or got the skill to do so, you only have to look at the cup match where they should be taking their chances like it's their last shot.

I thought the same, part of me is wondering if some of it was match fitness and the other was complacency. That sort of gets blown out the water when you see Ramsey making a real impression.

Hause is the key example for me - I dont think he is good enough, if we gave benefit of the doubt it was probably sharpness and complacency against weaker competition. It read to me as a total lack of effort though and unprofessional.

I thought the same, part of me is wondering if some of it was match fitness and the other was complacency. That sort of gets blown out the water when you see Ramsey making a real impression.

Hause is the key example for me - I dont think he is good enough, if we gave benefit of the doubt it was probably sharpness and complacency against weaker competition. It read to me as a total lack of effort though and unprofessional.
I get the impression with Hause that he always needs to play one game to get back up to speed. Noticed this the first time he ever played for us, first game after lock down and again in the cup game at Burton (where I thought he was bloody awful). I do rate him once he gets into his stride.

Im loving all the transfer rumours and and the excitement, I'm spending a good majority of the day checking sports news for updates...
As much as im loving the rumours of all these attacking players, wouldn't mind a few more rumours of some defenders though, I'm still very nervous when teams go at us, if there is an injury to Mings or Konsa, I'm not sure how safe we'd be with Hause and Engels. Kinda has a theme of a me playing championship manager as a kid, just buy fancy strikers and dont care about the defence....

Im loving all the transfer rumours and and the excitement, I'm spending a good majority of the day checking sports news for updates...
As much as im loving the rumours of all these attacking players, wouldn't mind a few more rumours of some defenders though, I'm still very nervous when teams go at us, if there is an injury to Mings or Konsa, I'm not sure how safe we'd be with Hause and Engels. Kinda has a theme of a me playing championship manager as a kid, just buy fancy strikers and dont care about the defence....
Yep, exciting to sign attacking talent but can Marvelous step up this season? Dean's tactics left him high and dry too often. Still think we need a better balance. Our back four, reserving opinion on Matt Cash, need better midfield cover. Over to you Dean.

What's going on with this work permit for Traore?!

If it'd been a London, Manchester or Liverpool club, it would of been issued and cleared a couple of days again I'm sure!..............

Yep, exciting to sign attacking talent but can Marvelous step up this season? Dean's tactics left him high and dry too often. Still think we need a better balance. Our back four, reserving opinion on Matt Cash, need better midfield cover. Over to you Dean.
I thought Douglas Luiz was excellent after lockdown at screening the defence. He looked a bit shabby as a step in for McGinn earlier in the season but as a DCM he really shines. Same with Konsa, absolutely outstanding after lockdown in a two man central defence beside Mings. I think our defence and defensive midfield looks a lot sturdier than it did going into last season and I'll be very surprised if we concede anywhere close to what we did last season.

Hopefully Cash is as good as we all hope he will be and Targett steps up this season. Other than that I'm very happy with the defence and goalkeeping situation.

agreed, came on to say similar after a whatsapp chat actually.

Build from the back.

Sure, we want to attack more, and that then takes the pressure off the back, but we need to be far more solid this season at the back.

agreed, came on to say similar after a whatsapp chat actually.

Build from the back.

Sure, we want to attack more, and that then takes the pressure off the back, but we need to be far more solid this season at the back.

Could do with an old head at the back Konsa has played as many league games as Mings who is 5 years older but both are inexperienced at this level and that goes for Cash and Targett and even the new keeper. I think we could do with an older organiser back there a 30 year old with 300 PL games and a leader, but who I have no idea