The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 311 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

70 goals in 231 professional club games, not sure those are the stats of a shite player? Especially one who often players in a wider position.

Tony Daley would be considered shite by most modern Villa fans.....

Yet he got me out of my seat more than most Villa players of the past 30 years.

Even if Traore proves to be a bit frustrating it would be nice to have a bit of excitement.

Traore looks absolutely champions league standard class to me. Happy with all four signings. I'd love another winger or central midfielder depending on where Jack is playing this season as well, but great window so far.

Traore's first season at Lyon he scored 18 goals, but most of his goals came when playing down the middle. Seemed to be a similar story following season. Last season they have played him wide right. With Watkins having the ability to play wide as well, maybe Deano is planning on having 2 players who can interchange when we are attacking instead of being so rigid - could be a good approach and difficult to defend against.

That makes it even more puzzling 😳

If Wilson can stay fit, I'd fancy him to get double figures no problem. People write off the likes of Traore and Rashica because they've never heard of them so assume they must be shit. Just hope we play them in their best positions if we do sign them

Traore's first season at Lyon he scored 18 goals, but most of his goals came when playing down the middle. Seemed to be a similar story following season. Last season they have played him wide right. With Watkins having the ability to play wide as well, maybe Deano is planning on having 2 players who can interchange when we are attacking instead of being so rigid - could be a good approach and difficult to defend against.
He’s a different level to what we have, so am happy if he comes, keep being told 25m is the going rate for top Championship striker whilst 19m for decent champions league player is dodgy at best 🤷🏻‍♂️ I give up.

If Wilson can stay fit, I'd fancy him to get double figures no problem. People write off the likes of Traore and Rashica because they've never heard of them so assume they must be shit. Just hope we play them in their best positions if we do sign them

To be fair we write off these players because we've signed dozens of the next big thing players in the past and very few have ever been any good. I would hope we always play people in their best positions.

We’re all aware of the pitfalls of buying European players, but I believe Rashica and Traoré are a different level compared to Trez and El Ghazi, and after all isn’t that what we want, Improvements year on year?

All looking very positive so far however we need someone of quality to take Connor’s place. A centre half too. Oh and another striker. Priority in that order.

If we land Martinez, Rashica and Traore I seriously doubt there will be much more flex on the budget, perhaps a loan or two?

Ultimately if our business ends with the three players I listed I think it would represent a pretty good 'second iteration' as far as recruitment is concerned since our promotion. It's going to be a long process to get us right up the table so we have to aim for incremental improvement season on season.

We’re all aware of the pitfalls of buying European players, but I believe Rashica and Traoré are a different level compared to Trez and El Ghazi, and after all isn’t that what we want, Improvements year on year?

well if you look at last season and imagine Ligue 1 is the same standard as the prem
(and scale up for them knocking off early) then
Bertie 1.5 goals 5 assists in a team finishing 7th
AEG 4 & 4
Trez 6 & 2

Rashica does look a step up in terms of output though

We definitely need more quality if we're not to circle the plughole again this year

If we land Martinez, Rashica and Traore I seriously doubt there will be much more flex on the budget, perhaps a loan or two?

Ultimately if our business ends with the three players I listed I think it would represent a pretty good 'second iteration' as far as recruitment is concerned since our promotion. It's going to be a long process to get us right up the table so we have to aim for incremental improvement season on season.
We have to bring someone in that's forces Connor out.

Season at Ajax, At one point 6 Ajax players were waiting for him to cross it, instead he decided to take on 3 players and score from an awkward angle, Definitely goal driven.

In those clips I think I saw him use his right foot 3 times - and none of those were for passing or shooting.
I’d worry that he’s too one-footed and that decent Prem defenders will know that and act accordingly.
But then again I assume that the talent spotters and coaches at Villa know more than me.

Keep coming back to ‘is he better than what we currently have’ and the answer is yes.

well if you look at last season and imagine Ligue 1 is the same standard as the prem
(and scale up for them knocking off early) then
Bertie 1.5 goals 5 assists in a team finishing 7th
AEG 4 & 4
Trez 6 & 2

Rashica does look a step up in terms of output though

We definitely need more quality if we're not to circle the plughole again this year
I’m guessing you Haven’t looked at at his play time?

In those clips I think I saw him use his right foot 3 times - and none of those were for passing or shooting.
I’d worry that he’s too one-footed and that decent Prem defenders will know that and act accordingly.
But then again I assume that the talent spotters and coaches at Villa know more than me.

Keep coming back to ‘is he better than what we currently have’ and the answer is yes.
You’d worry he’s too one footed? Really! you’re going with that are you?
We already have 3 in the team SJM, Conner and Mings, and I stated earlier that it never stopped Maradonna and Messi.

And my favourite player of all time Johan Cruyff only had his right foot.

I’m done with all this one foot nonsense.