iFollow self-help / FAQs | Vital Football

iFollow self-help / FAQs

Liam Scully

Vital Newbie
I hope you and your families are safe and well?

Amongst the madness, it is the new season eve and if I am totally honest, I have only just begun to get the normal new season excitement given the chaotic summer. I hope you too are starting to get the buzz?

It is of course a huge disappointment that fans are not permitted into the stadium, however rest assured we are working hard at our open stadium/reduced capacity operations plan for when we are allowed to welcome you back into the stadium. Trust me when I say this day can’t come soon enough!

I very much appreciate the various measures we have in place aren’t perfect, however I hope you can see our intentions with the refund, credit, code etc system(s) we have put in place. Any feedback you do have on this will of course be considered. Ideally this is provided by email to feedback@theredimps.com.

However, and most importantly, now the season is amongst us we need to ensure we get the technology working for each and every one of you ahead of the game tomorrow. I guess many of you have already have a play around with iFollow and have familiarised yourself with the layout, however if you have not I would certainly advise setting some time aside to do this ahead of the game.

Some of the more seasoned users should hopefully see some of the developments made to the system over the summer. This includes; improved graphics, enhanced HD quality and further stability measures that have been added into the platform, all of which are aimed to enhance the experience and improve reliability.

With this, I very much respect that anyone using iFollow for the first time, may find this daunting or even a frustrating experience. So, with this in mind I thought I’d start a thread to see if I or we can assist with any common issues you are facing when trying to use iFollow.

I am certainly not technical support, and can’t promise I am going to be looking at this thread every 10 minutes for the next 24 hours, however if you are having any issues do let me know and either through the power of this community or by me asking the right people at the club/iFollow I am sure we will be able to troubleshoot most problems.

Before I leave it open to you guys, please see below some hints and tips:

* Check the email you have registered with Ticketmaster for your code.
** Also note if you have made a typo in the email you have provided to Ticketmaster this will carryover into the address your iFollow code will be sent.

*Check your junk/promotions folder

Note: 90% of issues are solved by either of the above.

* Casting/mirroring/accessing via any other method other than laptop/tablet with HDMI cable into TV is not advisable. This may work for many, but the system is not built for this and can lead to problems.

* Make sure you click ‘apply’ when entering your season ticket code. Failure to do this means it will try and charge you.

* Wherever possible I’d recommend you hardwire your laptop/PC/device into your router. We had a few complaints from fans that were experiencing buffering issues on Saturday & Tuesday. Even if you do have super-fast broadband it can at times not provide the same speed via Wi-Fi. Anyone who has experienced buffering issues on Saturday/Tuesday, unfortunately this will be an issue with your network or device. We know this as the stream had no issues. Feel free to shout at BT, Virgin, Sky or whoever, but truth be told if your house had poor speed or intermittent dropouts then there is little that can be done ahead of the game tomorrow. A hardwire will go a long way to solving this.

Finally, don’t forget to tune into our new match day show. #MatchDayLive with Sam Ashoo from 1.30PM via our YouTube Channel, Twitter or Facebook page. Hopefully this will fill some of the void lost without the regular pre-match routine.

#UTI

Liam & all the team at LCFC

I noticed the Crewe game was available in 1080p as advertised, however the Scunthorpe match was limited to 720p. Will all games be available in 1080p going forward?

I noticed the Crewe game was available in 1080p as advertised, however the Scunthorpe match was limited to 720p. Will all games be available in 1080p going forward?

As per the original post thid is a technical issue, so can I personally suggest that people go for the lowest possible that they can be happy with.... no 4k HD tv as this will take up bandwidth from other user's. I personally find 720p acceptable to watch in.

AKA dont be that person who stands up in front of you durng the game.. try and share.

Last edited:
As per the original post thid is a technical issue, so can I personally suggest that people go for the lowest possible that they can be happy with.... no 4k HD tv as this will take up bandwidth from other user's. I personally find 720p acceptable to watch in.

AKA dont be that person who stands up in front of you durng the game.. try and share.
The original post suggests to bring any issues to attention through this thread. It doesn't take any bandwidth from other users. One of the improvements mentioned for this season's iFollow was the increase in resolution to 1080p. I expect that if it's being advertised, it should be available. This is not really cutting edge tech anymore and certainly not 4K. It worked perfectly well for myself and many others for the Crewe game at 1080p so the capability is there (and I'm out of the country), so I'm merely asking why it wasn't an option for the Scunthorpe game. 720p is acceptable, but 1080p is a vast improvement, particularly when you're connecting to your TV via HDMI.

The original post suggests to bring any issues to attention through this thread. It doesn't take any bandwidth from other users. One of the improvements mentioned for this season's iFollow was the increase in resolution to 1080p. I expect that if it's being advertised, it should be available. This is not really cutting edge tech anymore and certainly not 4K. It worked perfectly well for myself and many others for the Crewe game at 1080p so the capability is there (and I'm out of the country), so I'm merely asking why it wasn't an option for the Scunthorpe game. 720p is acceptable, but 1080p is a vast improvement, particularly when you're connecting to your TV via HDMI.

I had kept the setting at "auto" for the last game, which I believe is adaptive to whatever internet speed is available. (in the home).That will probably be fine for most. I'll certainly look at the different settings tomorrow just to see...

Logging into iFollow.

Only used it once before for Portsmouth away last season. Tried to log on and reset password on the Imps site (forgotten original ) which I did. Then got directed to the Portsmouth site . Tried to log in with my changed password on the Imps iFollow site which then said an 'error has occurred please try again' came up. Tried again, same problem.
I then tried to re register , after filling it all in, pressed create account, which then said the email address is already in use.

Any ideas to help ?

Ok a couple of points you highlighted which I hope to address.

Lincoln has a cectain internet infrastructure and this is going to test it.

There is only so much bandwidth that users can use. Just like going down a motorway with no one else on it. Sure you can go down it at 70mph or greater but when more users go on it the motorway it slows down and sometimes grinds to a halt even without a accident.

Add this article
https://www.google.com/amp/s/speedify.com/blog/fix-buffering/fix-buffering-streaming-video/amp/

Last edited:

Amongst the madness, it is the new season eve and if I am totally honest, I have only just begun to get the normal new season excitement given the chaotic summer. I hope you too are starting to get the buzz?

It is of course a huge disappointment that fans are not permitted into the stadium, however rest assured we are working hard at our open stadium/reduced capacity operations plan for when we are allowed to welcome you back into the stadium. Trust me when I say this day can’t come soon enough!

I very much appreciate the various measures we have in place aren’t perfect, however I hope you can see our intentions with the refund, credit, code etc system(s) we have put in place. Any feedback you do have on this will of course be considered. Ideally this is provided by email to feedback@theredimps.com.

However, and most importantly, now the season is amongst us we need to ensure we get the technology working for each and every one of you ahead of the game tomorrow. I guess many of you have already have a play around with iFollow and have familiarised yourself with the layout, however if you have not I would certainly advise setting some time aside to do this ahead of the game.

Some of the more seasoned users should hopefully see some of the developments made to the system over the summer. This includes; improved graphics, enhanced HD quality and further stability measures that have been added into the platform, all of which are aimed to enhance the experience and improve reliability.

With this, I very much respect that anyone using iFollow for the first time, may find this daunting or even a frustrating experience. So, with this in mind I thought I’d start a thread to see if I or we can assist with any common issues you are facing when trying to use iFollow.

I am certainly not technical support, and can’t promise I am going to be looking at this thread every 10 minutes for the next 24 hours, however if you are having any issues do let me know and either through the power of this community or by me asking the right people at the club/iFollow I am sure we will be able to troubleshoot most problems.

** Also note if you have made a typo in the email you have provided to Ticketmaster this will carryover into the address your iFollow code will be sent.

* Casting/mirroring/accessing via any other method other than laptop/tablet with HDMI cable into TV is not advisable. This may work for many, but the system is not built for this and can lead to problems.

* Make sure you click ‘apply’ when entering your season ticket code. Failure to do this means it will try and charge you.

* Wherever possible I’d recommend you hardwire your laptop/PC/device into your router. We had a few complaints from fans that were experiencing buffering issues on Saturday & Tuesday. Even if you do have super-fast broadband it can at times not provide the same speed via Wi-Fi. Anyone who has experienced buffering issues on Saturday/Tuesday, unfortunately this will be an issue with your network or device. We know this as the stream had no issues. Feel free to shout at BT, Virgin, Sky or whoever, but truth be told if your house had poor speed or intermittent dropouts then there is little that can be done ahead of the game tomorrow. A hardwire will go a long way to solving this.

Finally, don’t forget to tune into our new match day show. #MatchDayLive with Sam Ashoo from 1.30PM via our YouTube Channel, Twitter or Facebook page. Hopefully this will fill some of the void lost without the regular pre-match routine.

#UTI

I know with the voucher code there is nothing to pay but that we have to enter a payment option. I have tried to enter a perfectly valid credit card but I get the error message "Your most recent payment for a Video Match Pass UK failed". I have checked and rentered the card details but it still fails.

Bandwith or not I would suggest selecting 720p. Even with the speed I have, using the HDMi and putting the LAN cable in the frame rate wasn't really good enough at 1080p and was much smoother with 720p

I don;t think there is any problem with the picture quality on the 1080p option. It is plenty clear enough, just that it is either a low framerate or something else that means it isn't as smooth

Ok a couple of points you highlighted which I hope to address.

Lincoln has a cectain internet infrastructure and this is going to test it.

There is only so much bandwidth that users can use. Just like going down a motorway with no one else on it. Sure you can go down it at 70mph or greater but when more users go on it the motorway it slows down and sometimes grinds to a halt even without a accident.

Add this article
https://www.google.com/amp/s/speedify.com/blog/fix-buffering/fix-buffering-streaming-video/amp/
I'm not in Lincoln so I'm not using that infrastructure and presumably neither are the iFollow servers as they'll be located elsewhere. The club will send the feed to iFollow who will then distribute it. The bottleneck in streaming at the viewers end will be with your ISP, not the content provider, unless you're using 42Live who provided the stream for the failed friendly match, in which case they admitted the fault was theirs.

iFollow will know how much traffic they'll be expecting to deliver, significantly more this season and will have upgraded their servers to suit. Imagine the top championship clubs, who may well have 40,000 viewers for a match this season. iFollow are hardly going to say, "sorry guys, there's 40,000 of you this week. Can you all stream at 240p please because our servers can't handle it".

Me streaming at 1080p is not going to impact you in the slightest. I don't have any issues streaming outside the country and my content comes from the same source as everyone elses. If someone needs to set it to auto because their connection can't handle it, so be it, but It won't be me standing in front of them during the game. My original point remains. 1080p was promised, delivered for the Crewe match, but not offered for the Scunthorpe match. I expect it will already have been resolved for the next match but I was highlighting it to the powers that be so it doesn't go under the radar

Logging into iFollow.

Only used it once before for Portsmouth away last season. Tried to log on and reset password on the Imps site (forgotten original ) which I did. Then got directed to the Portsmouth site . Tried to log in with my changed password on the Imps iFollow site which then said an 'error has occurred please try again' came up. Tried again, same problem.
I then tried to re register , after filling it all in, pressed create account, which then said the email address is already in use.

Any ideas to help ?
I had something similar a few months back. I spoke with them on chat or email, can't remember which, and they had to reset my password from their end. I'd suggest emailing them. I think the chat is only available during match time, and you don't need to be faffing around then trying to get things sorted

I had something similar a few months back. I spoke with them on chat or email, can't remember which, and they had to reset my password from their end. I'd suggest emailing them. I think the chat is only available during match time, and you don't need to be faffing around then trying to get things sorted
Thanks for your response, I have sent an e mail back to them, but suspect I will miss the game tomorrow !

Dont think some of you guys get it, so will try another way. We don't have a lot of motorways in Lincolnshire only a bit of M180 and bit of dual carriageway. Thereis only so much traffic can get on it.

Thanks for your response, I have sent an e mail back to them, but suspect I will miss the game tomorrow !

Similar thing happened to me sort of, got no response from iFollow. So I took the nuclear option. I created a new account with a new Email, which worked. Then later when iFollow did respond to the Email I asked them to delete the old account, which they did.

#UTI

Hi Liam, thanks for your offer to sort out any iFollow problems ! I have tried to reset my password, as I had forgotten my original, thought I had done it , tried to log in, only to be told an 'error has occurred please try again' . Did so several times and gave up. I then tried to re register, filled in all the boxes, pressed create account, only to be told my e mail address was already in use. Resigned to missing the game tomorrow, anything that can be resolved for the future would be appreciated.

This is the first time this has been brought to our attention. We will look into this but all games should be available in 1080p, subject to connection and equipment.

I assume you had the setting on auto or manually selected the highest available definition?

I did see a response which was a good point regarding the auto setting. Auto selects the highest picture quality based on bandwidth and device. One hint is not to try and stream in 1080p if your device can’t handle it. This just takes up bandwidth without providing the user with the quality.

Logging into iFollow.

Any ideas to help ?

Are you doing this via the a browser (ie Chrome) or via the app?

Do you only have just one email address? We could look to get your account reset with iFollow HQ but this may be touch and go ahead of tomorrow. Alternatively starting again with a new email account may be the short term workaround. Would appear you have been assigned to Portsmouth as your home club.

Last edited:
I know with the voucher code there is nothing to pay but that we have to enter a payment option. I have tried to enter a perfectly valid credit card but I get the error message "Your most recent payment for a Video Match Pass UK failed". I have checked and rentered the card details but it still fails.

Card details need to be entered in order to validate the account and that the account holder is over 18 years (a requirement of the service). It is also used as a trace for when privacy is an issue. The illegal streams are more often than not taken from a single personal feed and then distributed again. A stream of a stream in essence.

I am aware the ‘payment’ function doesn’t like certain things. For example if you have added a space between the numbers or even a space after the 9 digit number. Maybe try this first?

Plan B. Do you have an alternative card you can use? To be clear it won’t take any payment, but just needs to validate the account holder. If you do use a different card remember to change it back before the cup game on Tuesday as this will charge the registered card.

I didn’t know there was a setting to change the resolution/definition, where is that?