The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 173 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

I think last season was it that the window closed the day before KO now it's a month after KO which gives agents time to milk it for another month and agents will be the problem. Clubs voted to extend the Transfer window I believe, so it's partly their own fault if they get long drawn out transfer sagas.
Between a rock and a hard place with the transfer deadline date. It certainly should be the case the squad is sorted before the first game but then different leagues would have different windows which mucks everything up

I would rather us sign the players we want instead of a couple of panic buys just to keep the fans happy.

I read once that some transfers can take months to complete because of a multitude of factors , so I am prepared to be patient .

The most any new signings will miss is 3 games and they will be training/playing for their clubs anyway.
Sensible, if frustrating to wait for the right players who could be here 4 years or whatever.
Lets be honest we've all waited all year in lockdown so another month will make little difference

The last 4 games covered over so many cracks and it seems a lot of people have forgotten how rubbish we were last season.

We'll be finishing rock bottom next season at this rate.

I agree, we can't go into the first game of the season with Samatta and Davis never mind trying to get to January with those two and Wesley to come back.

That alone will get us relegated never mind the other positions we need to improve.

Seems as though Liverpool might be weighing up loaning Brewster out to the Blades. The knock on of that decision might determine whethetbOrigi is sold or not.

Whether Origi is good enough is open to debate. I just don’t think he has had a sufficient run in the first team to really answer the question of his quality, especially as the main target man.

I agree, we can't go into the first game of the season with Samatta and Davis never mind trying to get to January with those two and Wesley to come back.

That alone will get us relegated never mind the other positions we need to improve.

Moving Davis on, probably on loan to a Championship club wouldn’t prove too difficult you would think. Samatta could a more tricky but to crack. Apparently, he has no interest in moving anywhere (not surprising).

Hogan surely has to look elsewhere, but similar, if not quite as severe as Lansbury, remains the hurdle of wages. Either, we offer severance terms to cushion the blow or we have to resort to loaning out through to the end of their deals in 2021. Neither option is ideal.

The most any new signings will miss is 3 games and they will be training/playing for their clubs anyway.
Sensible, if frustrating to wait for the right players who could be here 4 years or whatever.
Lets be honest we've all waited all year in lockdown so another month will make little difference

given how poor we are all over the pitch I'd hope they pull their fingers out tbh -
'just 3 games' - 9 points in the relegation battle to play for shouldn't just be spunked away.

Maybe there is a plan but, although I mostly have very low expectations of what we'll do they always seem to fail to meet even those.

ah well bright future etc

Maybe there is a plan but, although I mostly have very low expectations of what we'll do they always seem to fail to meet even those.

Not sure why mate, but that really made me LOL

Misery likes company and all that! We'll see BringbakMON. We'll see.

(GULP)

As a small aside, I think many don't understand the pressure the press guys are under these days, to churn out 'something' and to try to get people clicking. They aren't seen as journalists or reporters now, they are as good as information compilers (I saw one established journo say the game has gone when he was told that title) and they have little to no choice (apart from finding new careers/not easy when you have qualified and wanted to do this) but to do what their paymasters say.

Then they face the wrath of the vile social media, especially twitter, people who are just non stop abusive but still click the fucking articles in order to slate them.

It has changed massively, and yes, 90% or more is junk.

Some might remember I used to do transfer articles, I tried to talk about the benefits or otherwise of the players linked, if I thought the link was right or not, who the incoming player might complement or replace and so on and so forth. And then I'd do a long list in this annual thread, of all the links. At the end of the summer, I'd cross out all the false links. Most were crossed out! You try that sort of detail these days and people don't want it, they want a throwaway line and some bullshit about who clicked what on twitter.

The newspaper people have seen a slow decline of their industry, the internet being so much newer, i believe I've seen a quick decline. I could do an article disagreeing with the majority on Grealish for instance, and say it is up to the manager, and so on. You can guarantee if you then put that on twitter, you'd get dogs abuse because you aren't agreeing with the majority.

I think MF who has been in this game a long time also, @mike_field will also confirm, it is a right shit storm now.

So don't shoot the messenger I guess is what I am saying, they have kids to feed and mortgages to pay and actually, if people didn't want to be fed this crap, we'd still be getting decent, deep analysis stuff, not twitter reacts!

200.gif

It’s not the waiting per se, it’s not getting off to a decent start, that’s my main concern.

Moving Davis on, probably on loan to a Championship club wouldn’t prove too difficult you would think. Samatta could a more tricky but to crack. Apparently, he has no interest in moving anywhere (not surprising).

Hogan surely has to look elsewhere, but similar, if not quite as severe as Lansbury, remains the hurdle of wages. Either, we offer severance terms to cushion the blow or we have to resort to loaning out through to the end of their deals in 2021. Neither option is ideal.

I am not worried about either of them being here, I am concerned that they will be our only options for the season opener.

Davis unfortunately is the most useful of our strikers but he doesnt know where the net is. He is excellent to bring in and close out a game because the ball sticks when he plays but it kind of means you cant start him. He is brilliant when the opposition is tired, he actually does what I thought Wesley would do. I thought Wesley was going to be a hardy bastard with all his red cards.

Samatta might be useful with a bit of support. Watkins will probably run into the same trouble so I guess its one of my holes to plug.

At the moment, to me it doesn't matter who we have as striker, because I haven't the faintest idea of what our plan for attack is. Do we want a poacher, a target, a false number 9, or what?

There's one exception. I'd throw whatever money it takes to get Abraham back. By far the safest bet. He's good enough that it raises the whole quality of the squad. Things seem to be quiet on that front though.