Would you welcome Jesse Lingard

• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No sure

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Under Jose we had a long run of being often outplayed, only during the latter weeks of the season did we show signs of having parity with our opponents.

Under Jose we had a long run of being often outplayed, only during the latter weeks of the season did we show signs of having parity with our opponents.

Agree, and he was out witted by many so called poorer managers.

Having said that he showed his killing streak when helped us grabbed 6th spot when IMO we didn't deserve it.

Agree, and he was out witted by many so called poorer managers.

Having said that he showed his killing streak when helped us grabbed 6th spot when IMO we didn't deserve it.

We didn't deserve it, and the covid break broke the momentum of Wolves and Sheffield who looked more likely prior to it.

I am sorry I cannot agree with the anti's, JM is reputed be a good/great coach with a reputation for success, but after all he is only human and what a mess he took on, bloody near impossible with lack of time's/space to get his ways over to a Poch team of "go out and enjoy yourselves", thrown in at the deep end, sink or swim, well for me he swam, after the lock-down, giving him time with the squad, each game showed his way was getting through, ok there were two disasters, but we were getting better n better, that's the way I saw it anyway, and I am not a JM lover, but will back him because he is our coach/manager.

Finally if JM had been in charge from the beginning we would have finished in the top 4.

We didn't deserve it, and the covid break broke the momentum of Wolves and Sheffield who looked more likely prior to it.
Of course they did since we were playing with no strikers, no AM worthy of the name, no DM worthy of the name, two FBs that are Championship level at best and so on....yes the Covid break helped us and was the only break we got all season, giving some time to regroup and recover players and a small amount of time to try to get the tactics embedded....we scrapped to get what we deserved.

Of course they did since we were playing with no strikers, no AM worthy of the name, no DM worthy of the name, two FBs that are Championship level at best and so on....yes the Covid break helped us and was the only break we got all season, giving some time to regroup and recover players and a small amount of time to try to get the tactics embedded....we scrapped to get what we deserved.

I am looking at it from the teams who missed out and how the games against them panned out (Wolves & Sheff), were so much better than us. Almost every team (inc relegated Norwich) gave us lessons on how to keep possession and pass the ball.

I am looking at it from the teams who missed out and how the games against them panned out (Wolves & Sheff), were so much better than us. Almost every team (inc relegated Norwich) gave us lessons on how to keep possession and pass the ball.

I think you overlook that Jose knows all of what you say. He is a great coach as he knows how to take a squad through the gears. He was waiting for them to respond to his tactics and it was painful to watch them go through it. He then got them into the next gear by hard work and nurturing. He will keep doing that until they get into yet another gear and has no fear in changing tactics, formations and players.

Anyway, good for Norwich. That "keep ball" and "easy on the eye" football certainly helped them have a great season. Oh wait.....they got 21 points in 38 games and finished on a GD of -49.

Get rid of Lamela and I would say yes.
No better.
No worse.
I think same position.
Sorts another homegrown option out.

I've always rated Lamela, probably on the basis of what he "could" do.

I personally think Jessie has realised his potential and shows each game he's head and shoulders above Lamela.

I'd take him but not for massive money. He's definitely not average!