Training ground | Page 2 | Vital Football

Training ground

My favourite place name is Dull, in Perthshire. Twinned with Boring in the USA.

In very close competition are Twatt on Orkney and Hard Hills, near Stainmore Pass on the A66....

My favourite place name is Dull, in Perthshire. Twinned with Boring in the USA.

In very close competition are Twatt on Orkney and Hard Hills, near Stainmore Pass on the A66....

Twatt is a favourite - although I have just returned from Condom in France :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 20.06.50.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 20.06.50.png
    174.4 KB · Views: 3
Don't forget East Yorkshire's contributions of the famous Wetwang, and there really is a Land of Nod near Goole, which I tried to find one day.....unsuccessfully, although judging by the sign posts I must have passed through it in my sleep at some point.
Also of course there is The Land of Green Ginger (a small street of professional's offices in the old town) which was the name for a fantastic play for today written by Alan Plater. Shot entirely on location in and around Hull in the time just before work on building The Humber Bridge began. There's even a shot of Barton in the distance as that is being discussed by the actors just to sneak a Lincolnshire reference in.

Don't forget East Yorkshire's contributions of the famous Wetwang, and there really is a Land of Nod near Goole, which I tried to find one day.....unsuccessfully, although judging by the sign posts I must have passed through it in my sleep at some point.
Also of course there is The Land of Green Ginger (a small street of professional's offices in the old town) which was the name for a fantastic play for today written by Alan Plater. Shot entirely on location in and around Hull in the time just before work on building The Humber Bridge began. There's even a shot of Barton in the distance as that is being discussed by the actors just to sneak a Lincolnshire reference in.
I think you might have been in lockdown for too long, Hully.

Actually, ignore this. I said I was signing off for the evening.

The road signs in Norfolk are written how they speak, upon entering this small village a couple of weeks ago I was met with “Drive You Slow”.

A proper road sign not some cardboard on a pole I might add !

Well if we are going international Wankum in Holland, Titz in Germany.
Street names Arlene Fuchs Katz Drive, Queens. NY.