Training ground | Vital Football

Training ground

PerthImp

Vital Football Hero
Just wanted to ask how the training ground is going. I know they had problems a few months ago but I haven’t seen any updates for a while. If the squad is about to start training again I hope the facility is back up to speed and fully operational. Did they ever get all the roadwork etc finished as well?

Well I drove past last week and it looked incredibly pristine. As far as I am aware a lot of work was done in the last few months and of course with nobody using the turf I assume it's had a pretty good time to bed in and establish itself. As they say no news is good news.

I can't wait to see the pitch again. Sounds like we have returned to the good old days in the 60s when City had one of the best pitches in all four top divisions.

By co-incidence was in Fineturf‘s yard at Carlton Scroop yesterday, what an impressive set up it is. Adjacent to Sudbrook Moor Golf Club; if you want a lawn almost as good as Wembley, individual rolls of turf can be purchased by the public. (do check availability first).

Been driving past quite regularly and it quite difficult to see through all the bushes now we are in the height of summer.
Came past only a couple of hours ago and what I could see looked pretty impressive.
The pitch you can see the best from the road is the one furthest away from the changing rooms and that looks like an absolute bowling green. All the pitches are now marked out and the goals and nets are up.

By co-incidence was in Fineturf‘s yard at Carlton Scroop yesterday, what an impressive set up it is. Adjacent to Sudbrook Moor Golf Club; if you want a lawn almost as good as Wembley, individual rolls of turf can be purchased by the public. (do check availability first).
Carlton Scroop, the home of the guy from the county council who likes putting roadworks in and around Lincoln!