Sheffield United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 13 | Vital Football

Sheffield United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• WIn

• Draw

• Lose

Results are only viewable after voting.
The whole game could have been different if the number of poor final passes in their third had been better; on 5 occasions we had forwards perfectly placed to punish them and probably score an easy goal and in every case, the final pass was pathetic.

And yet some think our tactics were wrong. As I said, it was our execution in the final third, not so much our tactics. Also our threat wasnt all down the wings. Quite a few times we broke through the middle only to again make the wrong pass or hold on too long.

And yet some think our tactics were wrong. As I said, it was our execution in the final third, not so much our tactics. Also our threat wasnt all down the wings. Quite a few times we broke through the middle only to again make the wrong pass or hold on too long.

Our tactics were also wrong, using the wing press when you're playing against a counter attacking side is (for now) tantamount to tactical suicide, as you leave your CM'er utterly exposed an out-numbered - which happend almost everytime they got into our final third.

Our tactics were also wrong, using the wing press when you're playing against a counter attacking side is (for now) tantamount to tactical suicide, as you leave your CM'er utterly exposed an out-numbered - which happend almost everytime they got into our final third.

The team selection and formation was wrong and I called it before kick off. The MF was too light and asking too much of Sissoko. But despite this we were in position in their final third only to falter down to individual errors and execution. So our tactics created those situations.

Problem as I see it is irrespective of tactics, irrespective of our continued lack of a final ball....we just don't have a leader on the pitch that can and does give the proverbial kick up the backside and say 'lads ffs this the CL final, the game that will give us 3rd place, a game to get us into Europe...or whatever'
We just collectively allow ourselves to be insipid, lax and shoddy...like a disinterested workman. So whilst I am not sure Jose is the answer, until & unless the players take individual & collective responsibility, any manager is pissing against the wind...

I have not commented on a match for a while here is what it looked like to me . It looked as though the media has been slating Jose for being to defensive and not scoring enough goals , so he put out 4 forwards and just expected them to create . It looked like a move from a coach of children's football . This either is Jose saying look what happens when I try and play attacking football so he can justify his boring style . Or he is really clueless . Playing 3 wide players with no one who can play cam was naive . I did not think I could think any less of Jose but I do . He said we would not see his team play until he got time with the team on the training ground . He has time and this is what we get . The team is in a worse state now than it was when Poch got sacked .

Our 2nd half display was absolutely woeful. No tracking from midfield, players ball watching & the classic Aurier brain fart. All the good work from the last 2 games just went out the window.

Today is what we deserved.The game against Man utd was lucky.On any other day de gea saves that shot hit straight at him.Apart from that he did not have that much to do.Against Whu we were lucky.If the ref disallows the first goal like by law he should,then they would not have left themselves open when they were pushing forward.Today happened because they scored first and our style of play could not break them down allowing us to get back in the game.We have been lucky not good and we got what we deserved
I have not commented on a match for a while here is what it looked like to me . It looked as though the media has been slating Jose for being to defensive and not scoring enough goals , so he put out 4 forwards and just expected them to create . It looked like a move from a coach of children's football . This either is Jose saying look what happens when I try and play attacking football so he can justify his boring style . Or he is really clueless . Playing 3 wide players with no one who can play cam was naive . I did not think I could think any less of Jose but I do . He said we would not see his team play until he got time with the team on the training ground . He has time and this is what we get . The team is in a worse state now than it was when Poch got sacked .

I thought that this seemed a play from a manager who did not know what to do.He said after the goal was disallowed we last mental strength.I thought we played well after the disallowed goal.We were crap after Jose's team talk.We picked up a bit when Erik came on but the organisation had completely gone at the back.Its Jose's fault as he keeps leaving the best CB out.Toby has experience and can also pick a pass know one in the back line can do that.He should man up admit playing Died was wrong and put Toby instead

Just watched again and was paying close attention to the movement.With Lucas, Stephen and Sonny all given free run to move about with know real structure.When Erik came on and made a great run in the box.The commentators said Erik was to greedy but looking back Erik did pass to Harry but Lucas made the same run and got in the way.That was the problem with no structure Stephen and Lucas especially were playing cam at the same time it was a joke

The team selection and formation was wrong and I called it before kick off. The MF was too light and asking too much of Sissoko. But despite this we were in position in their final third only to falter down to individual errors and execution. So our tactics created those situations.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was it you who expressed a recent opinion that our league position is down to injuries? The rubbish we produce in the final third has been a weakness for some time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was it you who expressed a recent opinion that our league position is down to injuries? The rubbish we produce in the final third has been a weakness for some time.

Having no striker or PL standard keeper is going to affect the points tally. So I wouldnt be surprised if I had that opinion and still do.

I am not happy with the form on return of Sonny, Kane is getting there, Moura seems to be about normal , he did quite well yesterday. Loco has been ok but poor yesterday. Lamela normally plays to the same level in most games but obviously is impaired by his body. Bergwijn seems ok form wise, Ndombele still acclimatising for whatever reason.
I leave Alli till last because right now I am on the fence but only because of what he has achieved so far. Obviously something is not right, maybe he wants out.

Having no striker or PL standard keeper is going to affect the points tally. So I wouldnt be surprised if I had that opinion and still do.

I am not happy with the form on return of Sonny, Kane is getting there, Moura seems to be about normal , he did quite well yesterday. Loco has been ok but poor yesterday. Lamela normally plays to the same level in most games but obviously is impaired by his body. Bergwijn seems ok form wise, Ndombele still acclimatising for whatever reason.
I leave Alli till last because right now I am on the fence but only because of what he has achieved so far. Obviously something is not right, maybe he wants out.

None of those reasons you gave should impair the ability of our players to connect with teammates they train with every day to make the right pass at the right time. To be in favourable situations and get it wrong five times out of five, at this level, is unacceptable. Alli should be aiming to stay, re-establish himself and prove distractors like me wrong, personally from what I've seen I don't believe he's good enough to do that. I would happily eat humble pie if he did.

None of those reasons you gave should impair the ability of our players to connect with teammates they train with every day to make the right pass at the right time. To be in favourable situations and get it wrong five times out of five, at this level, is unacceptable. Alli should be aiming to stay, re-establish himself and prove distractors like me wrong, personally from what I've seen I don't believe he's good enough to do that. I would happily eat humble pie if he did.
The reasons in the top paragraph are why our points tally is low. Those key players not being present. I didnt suggest any reasons why our final third play is poor right now. But you are right, the conversion rate from attacking play, currently is unacceptable.

Would you pick him and Lamela in the same team?
Depends on the form of the other attackers. Would play Bergwijn, Lo Celso & Son as the attacking three. I think it's time for Lamela and Alli to go in the summer bring in a striker and maybe Eze to replace them

We should score more goals and we are dreadful in the final third, however when you look at the table it's the number of goals we concede that is the problem and Jose is supposed to be the person to fix that. Has he started listening too much to the criticisms and trying to play attacking football? I'd much prefer he sticks to what he is good at and plays the counter attacking side that can turn the style on when it really matters. That's what he knows. As the saying goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

If he's trying to be something new, then we might as well bring in somebody who has shown they can implement that style of football.

The sooner we only start games with a max of 4 out of Kane, Son, Moura, Bergwijn, Alli, Lamela or Lo Celso on the pitch the better.
The sooner the Sissoko as CM/DM experiment ends the better. It's been 2 years and it's dreadful. Just because he is strong and fit doesn't mean he has the brains for midfield.
Why not give Skipp a go? There is no way he can be worse in midfield compared to what we have seen the last 2 years. The little we have seen of him he's shown to something about him.
Don't get me started on Aurier...but we are stuck with him simply as we don't have anybody who can play there instead. I take that back, Sissoko could play there. It's where he plays anyway and he's just as good as Aurier both in defence and attack.