Sheffield United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 12 | Vital Football

Sheffield United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• WIn

• Draw

• Lose

Results are only viewable after voting.
We need a very good transfer window we've hardly made any progression since moving from the lane. Most of the squad has been stale for a few seasons and as a result we've declined and have been overtaken by other teams.

This summer it seems like we will get left behind further if there isn't much money available.

But firstly we need a manager/coach that will transform the entire place like Poch did that also has the tactical and technical skills etc.

I think if we can just go back to playing good football(isn't that the identity of our club) but obviously have a strong defensive base it will lift the fans and players snd make us attractive.

We need to recruit at least 2 or 3 players in the core/spine of the team that have the right attitude, desire, commitment, mentality and leadership to drive the team as well as the skills to play thier roles.

Harry-kari said; Levy needs to say the same to Jose who I have supported but now it’s obvious he doesn’t have what it takes to build a modern football team..

AND, that is spot on.....
Go looking Danny boy.....

Mutters, he doesn’t need to say anything to Aurier and Sissoko except goodbye...they will never change...more importantly Levy needs to say the same to Jose who I have supported but now it’s obvious he doesn’t have what it takes to build a modern football team...and even more importantly someone needs to say goodbye to Levy for engineering this mess over the last 20+ years...unfortunately....
I've always hated Jose because the way his teams play and all his antics. He was probably the reason I started despising chelsea more than the other lot and he killed the attractiveness of a club like Madrid. It was my worst nightmare c9me true when he took over our club but even still I thought people change etc. And I was willing to give him a chance now that he was here and at first he was talking like a changed man.

I was actually watching the barca documentary last night and I think it was Xavi who said when Jose was at Barca coaching the youth team he had the same barca philosophy playing with the ball etc. But he changed when he went to Chelsea it became about physicality, tall players etc. Pretty much anti football which was effective.

We or more accurately levy/enic have lazily fallen into the he's a winner trap and not recruited wisely after Poch

I'm worried they will have to back him with the types of players he will need to get results then our squad will be overloaded with cloggers by the time he goes.

Already Alderweireld got a new contract when he should've gone and now he realises it, same thing will probably happen with Dier

He's got to be better than we're seeing, Jose is now at time totally tactically exposed.

It's utterly pathetic.
Potter has an impressive CV, not least in his in depth studies on motivation...Brighton try to play football the modern way but are hampered by lack of talent...to even survive in the EPL with his squad is an achievement....never happen of course.

Agree with most of your comments, but Levy is going to find it very difficult to find a 'top manager'. Top managers don't go to mid table Clubs who are not in European football. He needs to find another Pochettino, somebody who has demonstrated his potential and wants the next step up. There aren't too many of them around.
I think most top managers would come here if we paid them well enough. Ancelotti to Everton being a case in point.

Another consideration is whether a would-be manager, looking at our squad, decides it is genuinely mid table or a squad that is significantly under performing which, with a bit of tweaking and fine tuning, and one or two prudent signings, would be a top 6 squad.

Conte went to Chelsea without European football so maybe one season without wouldn't be such a barrier.

LOL typical Spurs.

Come on guys...we are mid-table at best. Been saying it for a long time. We have massive holes to fix all over the pitch...TOO many.

We can't defend
We can't control the mid
Our attack is very easy to defend

We need a complete overhaul. This will be a painful handful of years. Sad to say but we may have peaked a few years ago. But instead of capitalizing on our success...we opted to fuck over the fans and NOT DARE TO DO.

Sorry but we deserve the Spursy moniker...we sure as hell do nothing to remove it...
👏👏👏

Season from hell is over. Doesn't matter what the outcomes of the remaining six games are.
Time to show Mourinho the door, turn out the lights, spend a bit of money out of the sales of Kane, Son, Ndembele and Alli, on proven players or players of potential who are prepared to join a Club not involved in Europe, whose best years were six decades ago, and then we go again.
New manager, new team, new stadium, and anticipation of another new dawn.
The realities of being a Spurs supporter.
Couldn't agree more Smithy, as much as I love Kane and Son, I think it's time we had a Massive clear out of players and manager and start from scratch instead of quick fixes like Mourinho, who is clearly not good enough anymore. A few seasons in the wilderness rebuilding and then come back to the Spurs we know and love. Players and managers come and go but Tottenham will always be here,along with all of us long suffering fans.

The whole game could have been different if the number of poor final passes in their third had been better; on 5 occasions we had forwards perfectly placed to punish them and probably score an easy goal and in every case, the final pass was pathetic.
I agree. Son, Kane & Moura should all be on the same wavelength by now. Problem is Son & Kane are too selfish & Moura too wasteful. At least Moura offers himself with a bit of movement, finishing aside what do the other two offer us?

The biggest problem Jose faces is sorting his midfield. It was an absolute shambles yesterday. He had far too much attacking talent on display which was completely unnecessary. The lack of tracking by a few of them was appalling but i get it, it's not what they're about. Jose should have addressed this much earlier than he did.

What is unforgivable is when defenders fail to track their markers & switch off. Our defenders were caught napping & ball watching. What we didn't need were players switching off & that's exactly what we got.

I thought we were playing quite well last night up until the opening goal. We'd taken control of the game, created numerous good positions if not clear cut chances, and I felt it was only a matter of time before we scored. It was a shock to me when Sheffield scored.

However our play in the final third was abysmal. We created numerous good openings but were let down by some very poor decision-making and execution. After the goal went in all the old failings returned.
Go...you are right there in your 1st para, I felt the same, 2 incidents changed everything, VAR, we cheered at our equaliser 1 min later, but no disallowed for a pathetic reason, SU heads go up ours drop, then the "Red" incident, I know they shouldn't affect Pro players, but I do believe it did, mainly equalising so quickly, heads are high, then disallowed, heads drop.

Go...you are right there in your 1st para, I felt the same, 2 incidents changed everything, VAR, we cheered at our equaliser 1 min later, but no disallowed for a pathetic reason, SU heads go up ours drop, then the "Red" incident, I know they shouldn't affect Pro players, but I do believe it did, mainly equalising so quickly, heads are high, then disallowed, heads drop.

Or players with character would have upped the anti to get what they deserved and put 2 fingers up to VAR