Sheffield United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 10 | Vital Football

Sheffield United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• WIn

• Draw

• Lose

Results are only viewable after voting.
Saying we lost tonight because our players are stupid is in itself stupid.

They played badly but they aren't stupid players (well except Aurier). Are you all saying Sheff Utd players are smarter or is it perhaps they have been trained better as a team?

We dominated possession and looked in control for both halves but no manager can guard against such abject defending. Admittedly our final ball was poor. Ref helped them whenever he could. Any spurs player does what their captain did to Sonny and we would be down to ten. Why didn't ref give us the free kick after the replay showed three of their men fouled Moura? We cannot keep playing the officials as well as the opposition.

They played badly but they aren't stupid players (well except Aurier). Are you all saying Sheff Utd players are smarter or is it perhaps they have been trained better as a team?
I only had it on the radio. But the commentary said that Jose had a group of players and was pointing out spaces they need to be in... Not the ones they were occupying... Sounds like a Luke Shaw (I think it was him) all over again.

Our style of play, if you can call it a style, is light years away from a modern pattern of play....he played 3 at the back with two donkeys for FBs...he must have found an old Poch play book with the side to side and back again passing at the back, isolated players playing terrible passes towards each other and when occasionally there was penetration out wide not one good cross...until the 92 nd minute....this performance was a sackable offence for both the manager and several of the players.

I dont think the tactics were that bad. It was the standard of play. Heavy touches, poor passing, poor crossing. I didnt get the MF selection, that's down to Jose. I would have had Winks, Sissoko and Alli in there to start. Alli will get forward with Sissoko and Winks holding.

Just for a start, if you are playing against a team fielding 2 strikers do you leave your CBs totally exposed by allowing every other player to go forward?

If you're playing a team with a 5 man midfield, do you play a system that allows your CMs to be outnumbered so they struggle to find a forward pass?

If you play a team with 3 CBs, do you stick to having one striker or do you stick another player centrally to assist your striker so they help create space for each other?

Instead we stuck to trying to play down the flanks and cross into Kane who was never going to win thar battle alone.

Kane was dreadful but im not sure if its because he was told to do what he did or just because he doesnt care anymore and is thinking of his next club?

Jose has to shoulder some or most of the blame.He set out with 3 wingers and not one that can play cam.All 3 run and shoot or cross.He also left our best defender on the bench.Everyone who love sissoko can remember this is how he plays 85% of the time.Plus he is over playing Kane and Son.I honestly think he is trying to make a point.He has to be or why would he send out his team like this.
I think if Jose stays then Kane should leave as he is not suited to this style.

Well then if not stupid then thick because they should have been intelligent enough to manage the game - For god sake pass foward to the fowards

Well I think we have been mostly dreadful since way before CL final. The Ajax come-back hid some terrible performances. Since then I guess we have had a handful of half decent performances and a few good ones. There has to be a collective player issue somewhere, it doesn't help that we don't have a real leader on the pitch, someone to get us and keep us going. We badly lack intensity, we knew Sheffield would close us and hassle us, we let them.....got to get rid of Aurier he just can't cross ....so many issues with so many players.....lamela who has the intent and desire, doesn't release the ball early enough 8/10....son and Harry have no service, Sissoko is well Sissoko of old atm, gio not back to pre covid best, ahh feck it...

The players are not stupid.They are playing as they are asked to.Jose is so out dated that he is getting schooled by so called lesser managers.You are telling me pep or Klopp could not get better out of our players.Look how Wilder got his team of players with less talent than ours.

Our style of play, if you can call it a style, is light years away from a modern pattern of play....he played 3 at the back with two donkeys for FBs...he must have found an old Poch play book with the side to side and back again passing at the back, isolated players playing terrible passes towards each other and when occasionally there was penetration out wide not one good cross...until the 92 nd minute....this performance was a sackable offence for both the manager and several of the players.
YES THE PASSING BACK AND SIDEWAYS Is like Poch right when would they learn?

Well I think we have been mostly dreadful since way before CL final. The Ajax come-back hid some terrible performances. Since then I guess we have had a handful of half decent performances and a few good ones. There has to be a collective player issue somewhere, it doesn't help that we don't have a real leader on the pitch, someone to get us and keep us going. We badly lack intensity, we knew Sheffield would close us and hassle us, we let them.....got to get rid of Aurier he just can't cross ....so many issues with so many players.....lamela who has the intent and desire, doesn't release the ball early enough 8/10....son and Harry have no service, Sissoko is well Sissoko of old atm, gio not back to pre covid best, ahh feck it...

I think your post is the best of the thread you have to say the way it is eventually it is Jose's fault he knows how Lamela. Aurier and the rest are like why not ask them to play the right way, for example Lamela is not playing as No10 then why not tell him or dump him

LOL typical Spurs.

Come on guys...we are mid-table at best. Been saying it for a long time. We have massive holes to fix all over the pitch...TOO many.

We can't defend
We can't control the mid
Our attack is very easy to defend

We need a complete overhaul. This will be a painful handful of years. Sad to say but we may have peaked a few years ago. But instead of capitalizing on our success...we opted to fuck over the fans and NOT DARE TO DO.

Sorry but we deserve the Spursy moniker...we sure as hell do nothing to remove it...

Our 2nd half display was absolutely woeful. No tracking from midfield, players ball watching & the classic Aurier brain fart. All the good work from the last 2 games just went out the window.

Really ANNOYED at the result of the game! Terrible defending. MOURINHO needs a good kicking. If he can’t build a defence, he shouldn’t be here. Even when we got near their goal, we couldn’t put any passes together to put in a decent shot. The disallowed goal was CRIMINAL. IM NOT SURE IF I WANT TO WATCH ANOTHER GAME. THIS WAS AWFUL.

Classic comment by someone on Newsnow “the full backs were passengers..I did more than them sat on the sofa...and I had two piss breaks but they were both ruled out by VAR for handball”...a fair summary of the evening I think.

This team needs major rebuilding at the back, like an entire new back 5 and defensive midfielder. If Dier and Sanchez are now our first choice pairing we aren't doing anything next season.

The coaching and tactics are not helping the team either. It's like we're going back to the old spurs and have been for the last few years.

We might just have to endure this for another season and hope that most of our good players don't leave in the meantime so frustrating